Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

171.8kW 7MGTE setup Mon, 16 September 2002 05:39 Go to next message
OK now if you've been following other threads you'll know I'm converting to a 1UZFE so this is what I'm selling. This is the setup I was running at the last dyno day that got 171.8 kW at the wheels @ 8psi boost. In a '91 Supra GT Limited. Since then the only change has been the turbo blowup, which I'm currently trying to get fixed under warantee (was done end of may).

7MGTE engine. (BD4s said its got a leaking 6th cylinder) There has to be work done to this thing to get that power at 8psi, but I don't know whats been done.

HKS high turbo position exhaust manifold (SUPRAGTE has first dibs on this)

GT intercooler & all pipes.

HKS F-CON PFC fuel computer.

HKS type 2 Electronic Boost Controller (4 buttons on left, one on right)

HKS T04E (in parts, stuffed)

HKS Wastegate

HKS Super Sequential BOV (sneeze type)

HKS boost guage (orange on black)

HKS exhaust temp guage (orange on black)

3in exhaust from dump pipe through.

Possibly for sale (if I can't use them with the new engine):

Twin plate ceramic brass button clutch & gear up to engine (I'm trying to keep the gearbox)

HKS Air filter (want to use this on new engine)

I want to sell it as a whole package, so I don't have bits and peices left over. If you want, you can bring down a shell and as I take it out of my supra, it can go into another one (just something to think about).

Everything is currently in the car ('cept the turbo) and it'll take me a couple of weekends to get it all out and converted.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 September 2002 05:42]

Send a private message to this user    
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Mon, 16 September 2002 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kewl, as Pete says i'm in for the manifold.
Also, that intercooler. Is that a "HKS GT" intercooler or the factory GT intercooler?
Also interested in the wastegate, sorta need an external wastegate when you run a aftermarket manifold.

I'll talk to you tom Pete.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Mon, 16 September 2002 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra GT intercooler. I *think* its bigger than the 1JZ ones. Definately bigger than the 7MGTE ones.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Mon, 16 September 2002 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've also got a set of 7MGTE ignition leads. BRAND NEW. Paid 175 for the buggers. Still in bag. Never used.
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Mon, 16 September 2002 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the boost controller?
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Mon, 16 September 2002 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do u want to sell the 7M for?
Will it come with everything to get it in a GA70???
I'll only be interested if it comes with everything I need, which is like ecu, loom, box, motor, mounts, cooler, turbo, pipes, powersteering this and that...etc...

How much will u charge to fit it in?
Coz I'll even consider driving up to Sydney if it sounds good.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Mon, 16 September 2002 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fit it in? Never thought of charging. I'm doing it in my back yard.

I am trying to sell the lot as a kit (without gearbox). But you'll need to get the turbo fixed.

Don't know how much for the lot as there is a LOT of stuff there.
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 17 September 2002 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm...okay, well, how about u gimme a rough estimate of what u want for everything (and what they all are). This so I can tell u how interested I am...coz atm I am, but if u want more than what I have, then I won't be able to afford it. Coz I'll have to find another turbo or get the other one fixed and also get an auto box, which I have no idea on costs. But didnt u say u can fix the turbo under warranty?

I prolly wont want the HKS stuff. Just the engine and things for a conversion. I'll prolly get the dump pipe too.

I'm also budgeting for someone to put it in as well, so if ur happy to do it (remember I live in Melbourne)...and the price is right, then everything sounds good!

I dont want to waste ur time either, so if u gimme a rough idea of what ur looking at *pray that its not much* then we'll take this further.

Also, any ideas the cost to fix the 6th cylinder???
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 17 September 2002 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, Rattlehead I went and had a look at the HKS manifold and wastegate off it last night. As i mentioned I'm keen on that stuff which as you suggested your not after. Works out well, we get the parts we want and Pete sells the stuff to fund his fat daddy 1UZFE!

If I get it, I have a spare factory exhaust manifold I can give you to help you out. Then you could rebuild the garret turbo Pete has or get a factory one from an import wrecker.

Sounds good Pete?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 17 September 2002 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like the way to go.

Rattlehead how much did you want to spend including getting it put in?
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 September 2002 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didn't want to spend $3-4k....
More like $1500 - $2000
Only coz I've seen some packages go for around $1000+ and to fit it would be ??? my mechanic says $400 for a turbo engine.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 September 2002 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could find a half cut for about $1,700 for a 7MGTE, but its not going to be near the output of this one. Or the goodies Smile

Putting it in, I don't know how much that'll cost.
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 September 2002 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAMN U SUPRA GTE!!! i want that turbo/manifold/wastegate and pipes (eg, turbo elbow/dump pipe.. 3" high flow cat if it has one).
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 September 2002 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can have the turbo, dont want that.
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 September 2002 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or the dump pipe,elbow or exhaust. I think mine survived the unfortuneate accident, i hope.
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 September 2002 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol... the manifold is what i want mainly dammit!

No matter, ill only grab it all if i can afford it. I guess when things get finalised and prices get set, then we can see exactly whats goin on. but most likely itll be outta my price range... oh wells Smile Im a dreamer!
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 September 2002 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe, i've been after a manifold for a while. Save my mate making me one and me buying the materials. Also a been after a 7MGTE to build up for a long time after other ones have been cut from under me(hey ed:)).

But i think rattlehead is keen after the blown engine.
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Thu, 19 September 2002 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the HKS exhaust temp guage is complete would you take $100 COD for it. Any specs or pics or info on the turbo would also be great.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Thu, 19 September 2002 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exhaust temp guage $150 pickup. May need help unwiring it (unless you want me to cut it behind the plug in the back of the guage. And yes it is complete.

Where abouts do you live? I'm in SW sydney.

Turbo is a HKS spec garret T04E. Biggest thing I've ever seen. I'm trying to get it fixed under warrantee at the moment.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Thu, 19 September 2002 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be keen for the Stuffed TO4E Turbo.
Put my name down first for it please, in case you dont get it fixed under warranty.

Thanks Dude.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Thu, 19 September 2002 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much is it worth stuffed? (oil leak, worn impella)
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Fri, 20 September 2002 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm....a mates 89 MA71 made 173.2rwkw @ 9psi at our second dyno day. Only thing done to it was a 3" exhaust, and the Turbo Smart bleed valve to achieve the 9psi. The motor was completely stock.

Just thought id add that
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Fri, 20 September 2002 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So maybe my engine is stock? and the 6th cylinder is ok?
RiGo
Regular

July 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Fri, 20 September 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete:

How willing are you to part with individual bits?

I'm intersted in:

- HKS BOV
- HKS Boost controller.
- Exhaust

Also, I'll give you $100 for the ignition leads.

cheers...

MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Fri, 20 September 2002 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on a totally stock setup, apart from:
3" dumppipe
3" cat back zorst (stock cat)
modified intake box.
10psi (turbosmart bleed valve)...

i got 161rwkw. And mines an auto.
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Sat, 21 September 2002 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive picked up the wastegate and manifold from Pete this morning so they are gone guys.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Sun, 22 September 2002 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much for the boost guage? and how much for the BOV?
And it would have to be COD, because I ain't coming to sydney for them.
RiGo
Regular

July 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Sun, 22 September 2002 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 13:11

How much for the boost guage? and how much for the BOV?
And it would have to be COD, because I ain't coming to sydney for them.

I got dibs on the BOV Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Sun, 22 September 2002 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOV $250? dunno.
Boost Controller $400?
Exhaust $600 from dump pipe to exhaust tip. 3in all the way through, high flow cat (I think) and good muffler.
Boost Guage $200?
Exhaust temp guage $150

Leads, yeah I'll take $100.

No one wants the FCON or the standard computer?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Sun, 06 October 2002 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*Bump*

sold: exhaust manifold and boost controller to Paul, still got the rest for sale.

MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Sun, 06 October 2002 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wanna get rid of those sexy volk rims??? Wink
and the HKS TEMS controller! Wink
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Sun, 06 October 2002 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I luuuve the rims ... and the 5 way controller. sorry mate.
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 December 2002 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you still got the F con pfc fuel computer?
How much ?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 December 2002 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought this thread was dead. Great that it isn't!

Yeah HKS computer is still for sale. I think the price is around $400.

Also comes with the HKS Fuel cut defenser (still plugged into the wiring).

How much were you willing to pay for it?
pulcino
Regular

November 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 18 December 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will it work with my 4age computer? Is it hard to install ?
Heyah
Regular

July 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 31 December 2002 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a bit slow on the uptake! is there anything still left?
particularly hks comp and tems controller.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 31 December 2002 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKS Computer still for sale!

Gimme a call 0408 235547
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 15 January 2003 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still got the r154? im interested if you do....
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Wed, 15 January 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry champ, I'm using it with my new engine.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 22 April 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Pete,

ANYTHING at all left? i'm even slower than Heyah Laughing

Dan
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 22 April 2003 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha thought this thread was dead Smile

I've still got a few things left:

HKS boost guage
HKS exhaust temp guage
HKS computer (no fuel cut defender as that got sold a week ago)
Intercooler (not sure if I'm selling it though)
HKS BOV (again not sure if I'm selling)
Turbo is still in bits, although I've got someone looking at putting it on his 3T, so if your interested, get in quick.

Are you in sydney? Drop in and have a look. I'm not interested in making money from selling the bits, trying to get some room in the garage.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 22 April 2003 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it'd be dead too Smiley =

I'd love to drop in anyway and take a look at your setup! Probably the HKS SS BOV (acronym city!) is what i'd be interested in.

I was wondering though - If i were to install an aftermarket BOV on my car (which still runs the factory air flow meter) would it bodge things up? I'm running a bosch BOV at the moment and i'm really sick of the silly "hooting" noise it makes when coming on boost - if i get my foot in the right position i can make it hoot constantly all the way up the road haha

Very Happy

Dan
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 22 April 2003 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKS computer will prob be heading my way, I'm just doing some research to see if it can handle working with a map sensor instead of a air flow meter.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 22 April 2003 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with the BOV if your running a 7M then you could probably just take your pipe off and put mine on. Then sneeze between gearshifts.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 22 April 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you interested in selling it Pete? If you're free this weekend sometime i'd love to come by and take a look at it. Also if you decide to sell how much would i be looking at for the BOV?

Dan Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 22 April 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose I'm interested, but not for less than $300 for it.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Tue, 22 April 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have any photos of it Pete? I'd like to see what this pipe looks like. I just want to make sure that it'll be fine on my car with the factory air flow meter and computer still in use.

Dan
turbovan
Regular

February 2003

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Thu, 24 April 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you end up selling the ignition leads?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 171.8kW 7MGTE setup Thu, 24 April 2003 02:13 Go to previous message
turbovan wrote on Thu, 24 April 2003 11:37

did you end up selling the ignition leads?

Yeah they went with the engine for a very low price.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 GT Gauge
Next Topic:FS: SC14 and modified bracket to fit 4AGZE **** SOLD ****
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 00:32:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14524698257446 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.