Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sprinter_steve
Occasional Poster

April 2004
CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 02:58 Go to next message
I noticed that you are eligible for a junior 2NS CAMS license if you are between the ages of 12 and 17. The question I want to ask is do you have to do a practical test to receive the CAMS license? How do people who are not legally able to drive yet have enough experience to receive a CAMS license? Another query I'm concerned with is that you must be a CAMS affiliated club memeber to be eligible for a CAMS license so what clubs accept under 16's with no experience?

Also, does a CAMS license entitle you to attend pratice days at tracks like Oran Park if even if you're too young and does it also entitle you to drive to and from the track even if you do not hold a regular license?
  Send a private message to this user    
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Level 2NS and 2S only require paperwork (and money). There's no practical part. I think you do have to be a member of a CAMS affiliated club though. And yes, almost any car club would love to have you join whatever your age and experience.

Hen
sprinter_steve
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your quick reply Henn, it was very helpful.

EDIT: Is toymods CAMS affiliated?

[Updated on: Sat, 30 April 2005 03:06]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, ASFAIK toymods isnt affiliated...

at least, they arent on the CAMS site..

and use logic to figure out if your allowed to drive to and from events on roads..

think about it and youll answer your own question..

Eldar.O.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HELL NO you can't drive on the road with a CAMS licence ! !

Most young'ns start widt teh karts, then get into something bigger and more making with the enormous co$t. Join a club that does motorkahna's to get the driving thing sorted. I'm fairly certain you don't need an "observed licence test" until you wanna go circuit racing.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i was thinking the same thing eldar0
sprinter_steve
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 30 April 2005 13:10

and use logic to figure out if your allowed to drive to and from events on roads..

Eldar.O.

That's what I thought initially but I was confused because someone on another forum said they drove to a drift day even though their license was suspended and it was "sweet" because they had a CAMS license.

Can anyone recommend a nice motorkhana club preferably in NSW or even better near Sydney?

Thank You all for your replies,
steve
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sprinter_steve wrote on Sat, 30 April 2005 11:49

EldarO wrote on Sat, 30 April 2005 13:10

Eldar.O.

That's what I thought initially but I was confused because someone on another forum said they drove to a drift day even though their license was suspended and it was "sweet" because they had a CAMS license.

Can anyone recommend a nice motorkhana club preferably in NSW or even better near Sydney?

Thank You all for your replies,
steve

plenty of people (read: stupid people) drive on roads without licences....

these are usually people who have lost theirs by reckless driving...

if you drive on the roads, before you get your licence, there will be consequences, i.e. you wont be able to get your licence for a long time, youll be blacklisted on your record, and ill kick you in the nuts.

Eldar.O.
sprinter_steve
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: CAMS license Sat, 30 April 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 30 April 2005 14:47

ill kick you in the nuts.

Eldar.O.

Laughing
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: CAMS license Tue, 03 May 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRR ppl shit me when they start comparing CAMS licenses to drivers licenses! (no offense)
It's totally different.

some ppl don't realise that you need to pay for it each year.
duskwolf
Regular

April 2005

Re: CAMS license Tue, 03 May 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That and there are differences in that you can be a driver or an official... So very not like a driving license... *shrug* people can quite often be a little short sighted (read: people can be and almost always are Stupid)
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: CAMS license Tue, 03 May 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Normally i a club sense if you are under the age of 18 and wish to enter a event which is categorized a speed event , then you will normally have had be voted to be allowed to enter by the other club members , if anyone doesn't want you on the track you will not be allowed and you have no say in this due to the age . Usually they will just do this at a night night or before the event , at most clubs this isn't a problem .
sprinter_steve
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: CAMS license Tue, 03 May 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting a car soon and I'll probably join a CAMS affiliated club.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: CAMS license Tue, 03 May 2005 12:50 Go to previous message
Very Happy I just got the forms to become an official scrutineer. Im gunna get my licence and all. Hopefully in 5 years time, ill be ontop of bathurst bein a flag marshall Very Happy Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 03 May 2005 13:03]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone in SA do vynals or graphics for vehicles?
Next Topic:debaging 2001 zze122r corolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:33:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055789947509766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.