Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Radio Controlled Cars Sat, 18 May 2002 02:41 Go to next message
RC gas cars are a little hobby I got into a few years ago. I'm not in a club but its still great fun on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Nitro or gas 1/10 touring cars are the way to go if you ask me but theres heaps of other options. I don't see the fun in electric cars but they seem to go just as hard and have just as many fans. It's technical, expensive, fast and heaps of fun. If your missing out I recommend getting involved. Do your homework online and get out there. My only tip is don't buy cheap crap and if your cashed up go SERPENT with good quality FM radio gear! Theres heaps of go-fast bits available and getting them to handle follows the same principles as real cars. The information online is excellent. Enjoy boys and girls.

Justin

Check out www.radiomodels.com.au

[Updated on: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:26]

Send a private message to this user    
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 20 May 2002 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gee,
Unlike my 13b into TA22 question, this one appears dead! I'm guessing you guys must pump all your spare dollars into the real thing. I think some of you may have seen the cheaper RC cars around ie. The "GV" Holden Racing Team Commodores. Please dont judge the hobby on these shitters. Check out the good gear, SERPENT, HUDY, AND KO. New hobbies bring on new groups of friends with different interests which is always a good thing.

Cheers Justin
a turbo for .12 nitro engine, I'd like to see that!

[Updated on: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:27]

strutto
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 20 May 2002 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reckon this one would fit???

http://home.iprimus.com.au/struttona/turbo.jpg
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 20 May 2002 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin,

Mate consider me a fan from the Dark side !! Tina and I both have Electric RC Cars but again not the cheap shit you see Kids getting at Xmas. (Mine cost me more than Tina's Crown Sad ) They are both 2 years old now but at the time mine was the Top of the line Electric Car World Wide. (The HPI Pro II)

Right now I'm in desperate need of new soft compound rubber as the 10 turn double has made a mess of things ripping open a sidewall or two Smile ( I bought new bloody rims and Tires but of course I was in a hurry and got 24mm wide soft compond rubber instead of 26mm !! DOH !!!

Maybe we could organise a Social Day witht the cars ? Mine is very much onroad so polished concrete car parks are best.

I'm sure I'll give your Gas car a fair run for its money too !

justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 20 May 2002 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyman,

Sounds like fun, I just sold me last RC car on ebay making way for yet another wild upgrade. This time the new spec Serpent Impulse with the rear exhaust. I'm also waiting for my new steering servo to arrive from Radiomodels (KO PS2001 6V metal gear) I think HPI have a really good tyre guide online which may be worth looking at for you. By the way I'm no way a total RC expert but I'm learning fast. I'll let you know as soon as the new car is ready and we'll organise a muck around day.

Serpent Impulse 2002
2 speed
NR .12 RE
KO PS2001 & KO PS712
Serpent starter box
KO EX11 FM

TOTAL COST - more than my daily driver!
silly? nar pure fun

Justin

[Updated on: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:29]

ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 20 May 2002 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be in for that. Wouldnt mind a social blast..
I have been racing them since i was 15(gee that was a long time ago).. I generally race on road too.
My latest car a 1/8 scale Picco Integra has only done 2 events the 2001 IFMAR 1/8th scale world championchips, and the NSW state championchips at easter time in which i finished 13th..

http://teampicco.com/Immagini/Integra18.jpg

Picco Integra
G1 pro
Futaba 3PJ PCM
Futaba S9402 Servos
Titanium pullies and drive shafts.
Cost: way too much, but 0-120 KM/H in 1.8 seconds well..

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
chris_RA40
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 20 May 2002 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a nitro 92? shape supra AWD, disc brake tyre chewing monster. It cost me $875 to buy, 350 for the controll and about 200 more for fuel, servo's and bits and peices. I bought it two years ago and it took me 6 months to save for it. recently i installed a 2 speed box and the thing hammers (the instructions said 110kp/h with the 2 speed) I also bought alloy wheels for it (the plastic ones look crap) and a tuned exhuast. so far it owes me a bit over 2 grand and i only drive it about once a month (take it to mount panorama cos its sooooo smooth Smile )
cheers,
chris.

P.S. Its blue with yellow highlights and not very many stickers, it looks sweet!!
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 20 May 2002 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I used to race electric off-road RC cars. It was soooo much fun, until I bought a "real" car.

I collected all my receipts and counted them up a few yeares ago, the total was near the $2000 mark. Not cheap ! Smile

Actually, should pull out the beast again and have a spin.
AZAE86
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Tue, 21 May 2002 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that website is so cheap im looking at buying a TA04-R chassis, only $420, in the shop its $510!!!! Smiley $$ Smiley $$ Smiley $$
are they any good? is freight cheap?
looks like they will be a goer!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Tue, 21 May 2002 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive only just got into this game after deciding to get rid of all the real size toys Cry so I am still trying to figure out my car and run it in but Im up for some fun, especially in the dirt hehehe

Koyosho super 10 Alpha WRX

hahah a whole new set of signatures is going to be needed for this thread
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Tue, 21 May 2002 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben that 1/8 scale monster of yours looks and sounds like a killer. I'd love to buy a Serpent Vector 1/8 scale with a .21 but the boys at Custom Model Cars in Sydney tell me its not a good idea for a learner like me.

The guys at radiomodels.com.au are very cheap and helpful. Their freight is cheap, but I still like to buy the big stuff from my local hobby shop. Its also good to support a local small business so close to home.

I can't wait to pickup my new Impulse. I've been saving for months. I had to sell my old Kyosho Super 10 on ebay to help pay for the dam thing.

According to the information on the web, the Impulse should really scream and put the wind up the competition.

Will I race the boys with electric cars?
You bet your arse I will!

Justin

[Updated on: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:30]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Radio Controlled Cars Tue, 21 May 2002 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it looks like Petrol heads just can't help themselves !

And for all the ladies.... See Size Doesn't matter......They still keep us broke ! Rolling

It sounds like there are some serious little machines lurking in the cupboards around the place. Mt Panorama is a bit of a drive for me but if someone wants to plan a bit of a Social day I'd be up for that. Give me some time tho my tyres arn't cheap and I'm trying to finish the real car !

Somewhere with both offroad and onroad space would be best but otherwise onraod seems to be the majority.

Ben that think is a dead set monster ! I've got to see that in action.
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Tue, 21 May 2002 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didn't know these were so popular.

i bought me a gas kyosho buggy for chrissy.

it's cool, but i'm having dramas with the clutch and brake...

couldn't figure it out, so i put it in for a service....

Stew
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Tue, 21 May 2002 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One thing I've noticed is that guys in the club started out with R/C cars. So if we ever wanted to attracted young members, that would be the place to start.

Now if I can only resurrect my Tamiya Frog.....
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Tue, 21 May 2002 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iggy I have a Shoe box of old frog parts here somewhere if you get desperate. Smile

Otherwise if you wanna offload it My offroad truck (the Bushdevil for those that remember it) was based on the same chassis so I'd happily take it off your hands as spares ! Bloody Truck Sport motor keeps lifting the front wheels and I seem to run into everything Rolling Eyes
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 22 May 2002 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stew Stew Stew,

Taking an RC car in for a service is like flying the white flag in battle. You must read, tinker, ask questions and NEVER give up! Never let anyone touch your baby that’s a sin. These machines are setup to suit your style, which only you will know. Like I said I'm no expert but you can't let the other guys have one over you. You have to speak the lingo and if your confused just nod and smile. I guess they are not really toys, simply due to the big money you need to keep them in tiptop shape. I've already been told I have choose between dirt bikes and RC cars due to the money involved. Life’s tough for a bloke who wants bloody everything.
It’s a hard one, at least the Celica didn't get a mention!

Justin

(This post kicked off after all, what can talk about next?)

[Updated on: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:33]

CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 22 May 2002 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Tue, 21 May 2002 11:19 PM

Otherwise if you wanna offload it My offroad truck (the Bushdevil for those that remember it) was based on the same chassis so I'd happily take it off your hands as spares ! Bloody Truck Sport motor keeps lifting the front wheels and I seem to run into everything Rolling Eyes

I'll definately give you the rolling chassis. I've been meaning to trash it but haven't had the heart. Still includes working motor, speed controller with servo power lead, servos with damaged gears and controller, metal bearings on the front wheels, body.

For some reason one of the shocks has a sticking point at the top ever since new. I've reassembled it once and it was still like that.

I don't know what condition the gearbox is in, haven't touch it since I was 16.

I was thinking the other day that the stuff I know about suspension with castor, camber, toe in was learnt building this car. Even played around with a locked diff, until the superglue gave way! Diffs don't last very long on the Frog, in fact I reckon I spent more time fixing things than driving it!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 22 May 2002 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iggy,

Pretty sure I have most of the diff there if you wanna resurect it ! Nothing quite like rebuilding a relic and seeing it run !

Otherwise thanks for the offer Smile

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 22 May 2002 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since were talking about them if anyone needs new 24mm wide Rubber for there RC Car I have a set of 4 here I need to offload (I bought them by mistake I need 26mm rubber)

They are STP brand and are the softest compound Road tire I know of. Cost me $25 a pair will sell for $30 the set.

Boxes are a bit banged up but tires are new and unused.
Seadog
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 23 May 2002 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a HPI mini pro. It's got a 16triple with a Audi TT body. Heaps of fun. Oh yeah, its an electric one, so I can drive it in my lounge room when it's raining. I'd love an 1/8th off-road buggy though.
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 23 May 2002 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dirt bike is easy to work on....

i just got the shits with the car not runnin right. i finally tracked down all the loose bolts etc... that were mucking up my tuning, got it tuned sweet... but the thing would either stall when i hit the brakes or rev it's head off without moving... so off it went.

If you had of started this post 2 days earlier i would have known there were people to ask... alas ... oh well next time

Stew
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 23 May 2002 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone wanna buy my dirt bike? the missus says that has to go too Cry

going real cheap only $1800

ex jap trails bike
91 DR250 dual sport
upside down forks
alloy rims
new sprockets,filters and brakes
goes very well hehehe

Oh and Ive found a really awesome spot for the RC cars, plenty of on and offroad space...if you can control it for a Km you can drive it off road or theres a double net ball court to set up a track.

its near silverwater and I have key access if neccessary
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 23 May 2002 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy
That sounds Sweet Dude !

Netball courts are great for the on roaders ! So when do people want to do this ?? I need to know so I can get the car running.

(Yes both my real and toy cars are Broken ! Cry )

BTW the detail on those tyres were a bit out. They are actually "Proline" Super Touring Series.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 23 May 2002 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im sure you could find something to suit from my local guy he has parts galore and pretty cheap too, he mostly caters for cars so you dont get that model train contingent hanging around all the time Skull - Blink
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 23 May 2002 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Micheal,

Mate my car is nothing compared to a decent Gas car but with anything less than the softest compound rubber available it skates around like it is on gravel ! Sad

Do you know the number of your Guys shop so I can see if he has the Compound I need ?
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 24 May 2002 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the time, money and energy I'd rather be doing something else than getting a Frog up and running. A few years back I almost bought a HPII as a competition car, but lost interest in it after a while.
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 24 May 2002 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Rod,

Check this mutant Frog out on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& item=1732573536
http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_6f63597eede0e33ed35526b8f/i-1.JPG

Also found aftermarket front shocks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& item=1733223735
http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_6c8713d6edebb444a0374ac24c/i-1.JPG
Incredible_Serious
Regular

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 24 May 2002 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought I should eventually get into this thread.... seeing as I'm getting into RC again...

I have a Schumacher electric truck (almost going) and a Schumacher Nitro truck (in lotsa pieces), two Tamiya Racing Master onroad cars (1979-ish), a Hornet in bits, and a Tamiya WRX that I found to be not good enough in the performance stakes, so that's now a static display model (1:10 scale, BIG static display!!).

Would be cool to get together with other Toymodders and have a bit of a blat... lotsa fun! And to anyone out there with bits lying around that they don't want, let me know.... I'm rebuilding a few cars at the moment and am always in the lookout for spare diffs, servos, body posts, pins, etc etc...

Alex
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 24 May 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod,

urrmmm cant find his number at the moment but hes only 10mins from my place if you want to pop down there on saturday
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Sat, 25 May 2002 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger !

Only just read this now ! Maybe next Saturday morning we can go for a look at all the bits we can't afford Smile
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Sat, 25 May 2002 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries Rolling Eyes
Kookinen
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 27 May 2002 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey if u guys ever get a day organised to run these R/C cars then def. post it up in the events section... I got a not-too-fast but sweet-handling elec. and two of my friends will def. be there with some seriously fast elec. and gas ones!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 27 May 2002 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok found a little pic of my car before the damage was inflicted hehehe

http://ira11y.qnix.com.au/KWRX.png
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon11.gif  Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 30 May 2002 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check it out guys,

You can now have a Trueno RC car thanks to HPI

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 30 May 2002 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dahm
Now im just going to have to get a HPI mini chassis just so i can get this body, I will speak to Andrew from Bolt-ON hobbies(HPI Importer) to see if their going to get them in, otherwise i could probably get them from US prety cheap Nod

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/bodies/7611tt.jpg

Ben

AE86 Trueno 4AGE (a real one)
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 31 May 2002 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm count me in for one of those if theyre 1:10 scale
Seadog
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 31 May 2002 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry guys that new Trueno is for their "micro" cars only which are 1/18th scale. The mini's have been discontinued (hey youngy, how's that new Creed song... hahaha).
Kookinen
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon12.gif  Re: Radio Controlled Cars Sun, 02 June 2002 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I got one of the Kyosho Mini-Z's... AE86 Trueno straight outta Initial D - complete with the "tofu" stickers! Hahahah! They're pretty fun to fang around indoors... even stock they slide around a bit - even some doughnuts! Smile
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 03 June 2002 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought one a while ago, nothing too special. Just a Tamyia 1/10 offroad WRX. I thrashed the piss out of the first body and then rooted the paint on the S4 body i got a while back.

Nonetheless, talk about bloody fun. Ive run numerous experiments such as losing the exhaust 'pipe' and having it dump just before the rear wheel; Tried fabricating a real exhaust and toying around with different fuels. Other than that it just has some 'street' tyres around a set of white advan lookalikes.

Theres so much fun to be had with yanking out the center prop-shaft to make it RWD. This makes it impossibly to control unless youre very gentle. Or wet/dust down the surface and drift the arse off it.

Although it did (havent used it in ages) develop a fueling problem where a bubble develops at the carby end of the fuel line and stalls it, Anyone got a fix?

And also if anyone makes an AE86 body that'll fit?

I reckon it might give it a caning tomorrow (getting excited)
Incredible_Serious
Regular

May 2002

AE86 bodyshell... Mon, 03 June 2002 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex,

I looked into this a while back on the old forums... found a mob that make a whole bunch of interesting shells, including Levin and Trueno AE86, TE27, Datto 1600, etc. They were going to be about $60 each, plus almost as much for postage.... postage is cheaper for more bodies, though....
See here on the old forums...
http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/viewthread.php?FI D=1&TID=4334

There was the thought to do a bulk order.... might have to look into this again.

Anyone interested? Mark your interest here!!!

Alex

[Updated on: Mon, 03 June 2002 22:54]

Incredible_Serious
Regular

May 2002

Re: AE86 bodyshell... Tue, 04 June 2002 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like this...
http://www.abchobby.com/wwwnew2/CAR/JAPAN/01BODY/POTO/66003.jpg
Incredible_Serious
Regular

May 2002

Re: AE86 bodyshell... Tue, 04 June 2002 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or this...
http://www.abchobby.com/wwwnew2/CAR/JAPAN/01BODY/POTO/66017.jpg
Incredible_Serious
Regular

May 2002

Re: AE86 bodyshell... Tue, 04 June 2002 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or even this...... HORN....
http://www.abchobby.com/wwwnew2/CAR/JAPAN/01BODY/POTO/66070.jpg
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: AE86 bodyshell... Tue, 04 June 2002 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
count me in
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 05 June 2002 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too could go for any one of those, Ohhhh Decisions Decisions
Incredible_Serious
Regular

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 07 June 2002 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Done a bit of looking around, and Radio Model Supplies do a couple of interesting bodyshells, made by Frewer, that may interest you rally nuts.... pretty cheap too!

METRO 6R4 1/10 AUS$ 25.20
PEUGEOT 205 W/WING AUS$ 31.85
FORD RS200 1/10 AUS$ 27.95
ESCORT XR3 1/10 AUS$ 25.45
SIERRA COSWORTH 1/10 AUS$ 31.85
SIERRA SAPHIRE 1/10 AUS$ 31.85
PEUGEOT 405 1/10 AUS$ 31.85
PORSCHE 959 1/10 AUS$ 40.70

For the street revheads...
NISSAN SILVIA 1/10 AUS$ 29.65
SUPRA (decal) 1/10 AUS$ 29.65
BMW M3 1/10 AUS$ 31.85
MINI (decal) 1/10 AUS$ 23.70

And for the weirdos...
RANGE ROVER 1/10 AUS$ 25.20
FALCON 1/10 AUS$ 47.80
COMMODORE VL 1/10 AUS$ 31.85
COMMODORE VR 1/10 AUS$ 47.80
COMMODORE VK 1/10 AUS$ 31.85

Alex
(mmmmmmmm, Metro 6R4.....)
justinharwoodran
Regular

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 07 June 2002 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just remember guys the 1/10 bodies come in different widths to suit different models. The most popular size is the 190mm and 200mm but for those with the cars like the Kyosho Super 10 and GV cars, its a little harder to find cheap bodies in the 220mm (wide-body)width. Good luck.

Justin

I still haven't picked up my new 2002 Serpent Impulse (I got side-tracked with a new PS2 and GT3.........seeya later $500) I have the new KO PS2001 metal gear steering servo and it feels sexy! (as far as servos go anyway)I hope to get the new car soon. Why are Serpent cars so expensive?

Winning comes at a cost............I hear you say!
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 13 June 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RC cars are great fun. However also a the reason I don't have a high powered toyota of my own. Im only 19 and have blown somewhere around the $10 to $15 grand mark on 10 scale electric cars. I've got 4 or 5 cars and so has my old man and I also race every week. I also say don't get cheap shit if you are going to enter. Get stuff like RClab Team assosiated etc.. if you get not so cheap stuff you'll get your mony's worth.

If you want to get together and run cars all go to one of the on road clubs around. Probably the biggest is Castle Hill in Castle Hill Showground on friday nights they get over 80 ppl there every friday and its only $6.50 to race. Electric only though

If you want more info on racing go to http://www.castlehillraceway.netfirms.com/

If any one wants a car i'm parting with a Limited edition TA03 David Junn it has a truckload of spares and hop up bits on it. Its raced at the nationals and is great for a first timer. I'm asking $250. email me or post here if your interested
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 13 June 2002 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt,

Any chance you could see if they would let Toymods on the track on there own one night ? If they only race on a Friday Night maybe we could hire it on a Saturday evening or something.

If it wasn't to much and enough people were interested it could be a great night.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 13 June 2002 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hay Rod
Im sure we could secure the area if need be, its only the dog pavilion that they use, ( i race there too ocasionally)
Its a brushed concrete surface so rubber tyres are a must, defineately not foams.
All we would have to do is ask the counsel nicely, and if no one else is using it im sure they would let us.

Another option is The RC club at morebank has its own purpose built track, and have novice days once a month and for 10 dollars you get to drive around a purpose built track all day, no seting up the track, no asking counsels, just turn up and drive.. Very Happy

there is one on tomorrow but that is probably a bit soon for everyone, mabey make a club event out of it next month???

It is an awesome world class facility
check it out at http://www.nswrcrcc.org.au
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 14 June 2002 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86trueno

The only probem with running at morebank is that if you want to hire the track out for say an all toymods day it can be quite expensive. Yes it is a great track but it is also to big for electric 10th scale, almost to big for nitro 10th and just right for 8th scale. The one other reason that i wouldn't race the is that it isn't run to professionally, the guys there just don't do parts of the sport justice. (That was the nicest way I could put it.)

However don't get me wrong it is a great track with a good surface. I'll talk to the guy from Castle Hill and see if we could get a track day for the toymods ppl.
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Fri, 14 June 2002 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt

What are you saying about me hehehe ive been a member of that club for 5 years and race 1/8th scale there regularly..
I know who you are, you race in the F1 class against me(and always win)at castle hill. I have the blue and white F1.

I wasnt saying hire out morebank for the day, but utilise their novice days where the guys here can have a bit of fun, as some of the guys here have nitro's and the castle hill counsel would probably be very unhappy by the noise Nope

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Mon, 17 June 2002 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ae86trueno

i don't have anything against the members at Moorebank just the4 guys that run it.

It would be good to untilise the novice day there however feel that the gas guys would be looked after, however the guys with electrics wouldn't. I have had huge hastles running electric meets there, the ppl running the meet didn't want to know about the electric guys and were only looking after the gas guys.

But for sure it is a better and bigger circuit when is the next novice day out there cause i need to get a foam/large track setup. How much is the day to race?

The Stitt

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 19 June 2002 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

Both tracks sound great ! Hopefully we can get some cheap track time at one of them. Mine is a 1/10 electric so either is cool for me.

IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 19 June 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres plenty of big tarmac areas around the parramatta council area, and I have a key to most of them, if someone has a few road marking cones to set out a track it could be a lot of fun plus theres this one place Ive looked at where theres some nice hard dirt right next to the netball courts which could be a bit of fun for offroaders Nod
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 19 June 2002 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is itching for a run, I have not heard an Engine Rev to 45000 RPM for a while Evil or Very Mad
Who is going to organise the day and make a Toymods day out of it.
Michael?? I could bring some old rally tyres to use as markers,
theyre big wont move far if hit hehehe

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 19 June 2002 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok ill organise something but first how much room will you guys need to run, I know I can run mine easily on a double netball court, will you guys need more room...just trying to pick a venue to host this so i need heaps of input as to what you will all need?

do you want tarmac only, dirt and tarmac or other suggestions?

tell me what you want and ill try and sort out a date and place
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Wed, 19 June 2002 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Im up for a day anywhere.

2 netball courts is a great size. The only problem being that the netballers may not eppreciate the oil that would be dropped by gas cars so just check with the club before you run.

Enen better does someone work in or own a factory with a large carpark that we could run in on a weekend??? Question
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 20 June 2002 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im easy on the size, but i probably could only get to about 100Km/h on that size hehehe ,ill just drop the gearing down heaps for some ludicurus acceleration,
On a slippery Netball Court by ABS will be working overtime!!

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Radio Controlled Cars Thu, 20 June 2002 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ABS??? youre kidding right??? so a bigger area would be better then?
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Announcment: Megacruise show of hands
Next Topic:cressida update
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:48:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096640586853027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.