Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Mon, 02 May 2005 08:16 Go to next message
Can any1 please give me an answer as to how the hell they got the intercooler pipes through the Radiator support panel when using the 450x300x75mm hybrid intercooler or copy on there ra23

Thanks Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
ninja_86
Regular

January 2005
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Mon, 02 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make holes!
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Mon, 02 May 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been there done that, cant make the hole any bigger and the bastard bend still doenst fit. Just doing some research and found that you can get reducing silicon hose bends, has some1 used that? I dont really want to invest 200 dollars in bends and i find out they dont work, cause then the car will be in the FS section again.
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Mon, 02 May 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have to go through the support panel? I'm gonna try doing it this way;

http://www.eviltrip.com/77/photos/IMG_0042.jpg

Courtesy of Kirks website http://www.eviltrip.com/77/ as I have also cut out my radiator support panels to compliment the larger radiator.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Mon, 02 May 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will take a couple of photos from inside the engine bay so you can get a better idead of how it was done. Though I'm not sure how much you will be able to see.

Cheers,
Kirk
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Mon, 02 May 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually... if you take a look here you can see where the pipe work comes through the body work... (Bottom right)

http://www.eviltrip.com/77/photos/IMG_0054.jpg

Cheers,
Kirk
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Tue, 03 May 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrmmm i was thinking of doing it like that but as the car still needs to be enginnered i am worried about the implications of cutting such holes in the car, thanks for the info anyways.
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Tue, 03 May 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hijack fattony, but kirk, where is your afm/air filter? Or are you running map and aftermarket ecu?

Reason I ask is my afm/filter is in the way of where your pipes are running in the bottom right of that pic. I can always just go straight down from the factory piping, but was curious as to how you managed to relocate the stuff, is all.

Cheers, Matt
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Tue, 03 May 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you still able to get your bumper bar back on with the IC piping going so close to the holes where the bumper brackets slide into?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Tue, 03 May 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmon fattony, put the stock cooler on there using the stock holes, then switch.. your the master of the dodge for engineers cert by now.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Tue, 03 May 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL Luke, thats the conclusion i come to, put the other cooler that goes on easy back on then to enginner it, or pay through my arsehole for 2 x 90deg elbow 3-2.5inch recuders
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Tue, 03 May 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fits like a charm... bumper bolts back up no worries...

Drivers side...
As yo can see the AFM and pod filter have room to fit once you have a custom length of hose and mounting bracket.
http://eviltrip.com/77/cooler%20-%20inside/IMG_1759.jpg

Drivers side... closer
http://eviltrip.com/77/cooler%20-%20inside/IMG_1760.jpg

Passengers side...
http://eviltrip.com/77/cooler%20-%20inside/IMG_1762.jpg

Cheers,
Kirk
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Wed, 04 May 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe looks good but i have already pained the front of the car and didnt want to hack the shit out of it with a saw ect lol might just bite the bullet and see if these silicon hose elbows work at 110 each Sad
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Wed, 04 May 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your made of money aren't you, just buy them.
shinzui
Regular

November 2002

Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Thu, 02 June 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KiRK, where did you get the intake hose from AFM to intake manifold from?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Hybrid intercooler on RA23 Thu, 02 June 2005 04:53 Go to previous message
shinzui wrote on Thu, 02 June 2005 14:44

KiRK, where did you get the intake hose from AFM to intake manifold from?

We had the hose lying around the shed... the old man used to be a mechanic and he's been whording stuff for years Wink have no idea what it's off.. I'll ask him when he's here next if he knows.

Cheers,
Kirk
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke70 and ae86
Next Topic:Adjusting clutch pedal height (TA22)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:28:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054631233215332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.