Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Engineers certificates for cars Tue, 22 March 2005 05:51 Go to next message
hi everyone,
I am about to do a ca18det conversion to my ae86 and was wondering if anyone knew about engineers certificates?
I have to get it engineered as i have to change the mounts and stuff i was just wondering whats involved in getting the thing legal for road.
Does anyone know of a place in vic where i could get an engineers cert?

any help is much appreciated

cheers
ryan
  Send a private message to this user    
72 TA22
Regular

June 2002
Re: Engineers certificates for cars Tue, 22 March 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check here.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/VASSLi st7Mar2005.pdf
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Engineers certificates for cars Tue, 22 March 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you can get the car to ballarat, i surgest Bisitecniks.

thats where my car is getting engineered, been for the first test, taking it back after easter to get finished.

Great ppl to deal with, very helpful, and talk you through everything.

taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: Engineers certificates for cars Sat, 30 April 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Much much would u estimate it would cost to engineeer for a sr20det or ca18.? at this guy in ballarat.
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: Engineers certificates for cars Mon, 02 May 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
up here in sydney i think an engineers certificate will be anywhere from 450 to 600 for a motor with brake upgrade and that sorta stuff. id say victorias the same, or at least similar.
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Engineers certificates for cars Mon, 02 May 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben in Ballarat has told me it wont be any more then 750 (for my car that is) , already costed $350, so when i take it back next time, all they gotta do is the brake test, and tick a few things off.

The the rest of the money goes towards, the mod plates, vic roads fees, and then their fees, so yeh, not that $$$ i dont think, least you know its totaly legal and your insurance will be legit Smile
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Engineers certificates for cars Mon, 02 May 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cost me $550 in sydney.
Transport Industry Consultants (highly recommended!)
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Engineers certificates for cars Tue, 03 May 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if he was in nsw he prolly would try it, but a nsw engineers report means jack shit in vic, will still need to get checked over and engineered to vics rules

maybe some has heard different? but last time i talked to an engineer thats what he told me.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Engineers certificates for cars Tue, 03 May 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my bad.

I've always wondered this myself actually because some jap imports compliance is valid in some states but not others. I wonder if same goes for engineers certificates.
Viper_III
Regular

March 2005
Re: Engineers certificates for cars Tue, 03 May 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a good point

it would seem silly to have to get the car checked by an engineer in everystate, just so you can drive in that state, and be covered by insureance.

but would be interesting to find out if u can get a aus. wide check or something... maybe certificate from CAMS or something would do it???
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: Engineers certificates for cars Tue, 03 May 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey can i clear up like wat is the "qualifications" if u will call it for an engineers ceritificate.

apparently if u increase ur engine power by 15% you have to.
others say that if that engine came in that car then you done need to.

my car is an ae92 4afc. im chuckin a 20v silvertop into it. they are both 4a's but the 20v is from a later model rolla and its a big increase in power...

wat is the actual "qualifications"
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Engineers certificates for cars Tue, 03 May 2005 10:29 Go to previous message
you will almost certainly need it engineer aproved as you are changing from carb to an efi setup/.. and of course the huge power increase.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20V engine oil?
Next Topic:SW20 MR2 seats into a AE82
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 19:05:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049560070037842 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.