Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 11:14 Go to next message
http://goauto.carsales.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/st ory2/7C3CDFD34E534B6ECA256FF20005DE69

Far out, could this be some kind of turning point into a company that actually builds cars worth owning.

Send a private message to this user    
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmm, it's got a big arse on it!!
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks damn nice... I've been noticing that Hyundai have been trying hard recently to produce better looking cars. So far they haven't really posed a problem for Toyota, Mazda, Nissan or Honda but if they bring that out... they'll get more than a few people interested. Surprised
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice me thinks. Also YAY! <---------- Status Very Happy Surprised
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hyundai have made some really good concept cars in yrs past but they never seem to follow through. They must have some decent designers there.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the arse looks 928 ish

still good to see hyundai are on the right track
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good effort,

What would toyota's next huge step up be?

All wheel drive, twin charged 8, coupe?
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boudan wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 00:04

Good effort,

What would toyota's next huge step up be?

All wheel drive, twin charged 8, coupe?

Is there ever going to be a next step, worried I'll never see another new "true" sports car from Toyota Australia. Although I will say the new Camry's are looking mighty fine.

On the Hyundai, well it looks the goods, probably goes alright, wondering what reliability and resale value would be like though. Step in right direction though, would be a good boot in the pants for Toyota if Hyundai put this in production and it sold well....

[Updated on: Tue, 03 May 2005 14:20]

86tt
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can't blame them, toyota's more interested in the fleet, and company/commercial side of things as well as normal every day consumer, afterall, how many "performance" car do you see on the streets? It doesn't perform well at all in the "new sales" department, they have to head where the money is.. Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice

id own that!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like speed magazine said "it could be our Korean brothers that make a replacement for the Silvias and Supras before Japan does..."

I could see this coming a mile off... I would still have trouble switching brands though...

Awesome car but...
brodiepearce
Regular

February 2005

Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice, good to see hyundai coming back on track, sick of seeing most sports cars being front wheel drive, this'll get heaps of people keen on hyundai, they've been at the bottom of the press for so long...
celica_cam
Regular

January 2005
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you think Hyundai will get into drifting with it? Laughing
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It must be heavy

Its problably competing with the current model Lexus Soarer
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm shocked and happy that i havent seen the usual "Korean Cars = crap" stereotype in this thread.

Good job everyone for not being uneccessarily biased against hyundai Smile
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Tue, 03 May 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I remember the days when Toyota and Honda were laughed at with their cheaper crappy cars. Over time they got better and now look at the quality of some of their cars and the respect, let alone the market share they now have.

Now the Jap cars are not so cheap and they've reduced other features to keep the price down. So, it opens the door for someone to come in and do what the Japs did in the early 70's, and maybe that's what Hyundai is going to do.

Bring it on.. the more competition the better.

seeyuzz
river
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every one is so stereo type with hyundai's....

there not such a bad car realy... my uncle owns an excel beeen worked alil n its not too bad it goes fair well for wat it is...

but that thing is the bomb.... tiz the shit i reckon its awesome.. n holfully we can c it out performing frauds n commonwhores
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm its screwing with my head a hyundai that i like, meh excels are shopping trolleys and they don't go well no matter what you say, trust me one of my mates had one and lets just say his ego was severly lost after having ago at my car. He thought it was the shit always going on about it and saying all the stuff he could do in it. Meh nothing beats cubes i say excel is no match for a corona.
But yeah that doesn't look half bad kinda similar in overall design to something like the crossfire but with a bigger engine and a supercharger. Hopefully it is built well and is reliable though, honest its not just a stereo type, lots of my brothers friends have excels and once the kilometres start to build the cars just start having issues. ie unusual noise from engines followed by a couple weeks time by something pretty bad happening.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i suppose the last generation of twincam excels are shit too are they?

190,000+ on the clock on my parents one, all it was was regularly serviced...

and that thing had guts for what it was... a very nice car
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
merudo your dreaming, my mates car was a late model twincam excel, i will not go into detail as it is against forum rules, but between me and you i hit a certain speed thought hmmmm better back off, looked in the rear vision mirror and he was a long way off. Slowed down pulled over and had a chat to him and he said he couldn't keep up, mind you this was an auto.
My brothers friends car is a sonata and only has around 50k kms and is already suffering quite serious problems, it has been serviced regularly but its just not quite right.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt say it was extremely fast... just for what it is, its a good car and goes good enough for what it is.

As far as mechanical problems, maybe we've just taken better care of our car.. i dunno. maybe we were lucky. but that car is still going just as good as the day we bought it.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw this concept at the Brisbane International Car Show in Feb this year. It looked really nice to tell you the truth. Though if it ever makes it into production the interior will have to be changed into something a bit more livable with for daily driving.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 11:44

merudo your dreaming, my mates car was a late model twincam excel, i will not go into detail as it is against forum rules, but between me and you i hit a certain speed thought hmmmm better back off, looked in the rear vision mirror and he was a long way off. Slowed down pulled over and had a chat to him and he said he couldn't keep up, mind you this was an auto.
My brothers friends car is a sonata and only has around 50k kms and is already suffering quite serious problems, it has been serviced regularly but its just not quite right.

I have a stock 98model excel with 150,000km and so far no problems.
Sure, i don't understand why someone mods a car like this, personally this car has no appeal to me,its just a A to B car.

But if you think that Hyundai or any other car manufacterer has issue's, keep it to yourself.

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend has one of the Hyundai Tiburons and they are a pretty decent car. 2.7L V6, 6 speed manual, very classy interior, looks the goods - mostly due to having an awesome paint colour - and it goes pretty hard. He has put a cat back exhaust on it and it is now making 113fwkw (not to bad when they are meant to be 127 at the flywheel).

The build quality is quite good too. No poorly fitting panels, squeaks or rattles. And I agree with River. Hyundai is today what Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc were in the 70's. (so by 2030 they should be pure class...)
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 22:42

My friend has one of the Hyundai Tiburons and they are a pretty decent car. 2.7L V6, 6 speed manual, very classy interior, looks the goods - mostly due to having an awesome paint colour - and it goes pretty hard. He has put a cat back exhaust on it and it is now making 113fwkw (not to bad when they are meant to be 127 at the flywheel).

The build quality is quite good too. No poorly fitting panels, squeaks or rattles. And I agree with River. Hyundai is today what Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc were in the 70's. (so by 2030 they should be pure class...)

get him to bring it along and come to the palm beach cruise this friday! Smile
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Upcoming Hyundai.. RWD Supercharged 6! Wed, 04 May 2005 22:04 Go to previous message
I want the 80s and 90s japanese turbo and big power obsession to hit Korea as they surge there way into high level motoring...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spotted a Corolla Rally Car on the road this morning
Next Topic:Fuel Filter for my corona
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:24:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055909156799316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.