Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon5.gif  dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 13:46 Go to next message
Freak we have two dogs at home,
the other day when i was eating breaky (it was nice too) i seen the dog's walking up beside the house, one dog is big and a young one, the other is a little old one. the young one was a bit ahead of the old one, then it stopped turned it's head back, and waited till the old one caught up. now..... can dog's talk to each other somehow?
did the old dog say "hey, hang on there young-un, your walking a bit fast, wait for me"?? thats what it looked like to me.
so can dog's communicate with each other? and how?
  Send a private message to this user    
fudge
Regular

July 2002

Re: dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i actually like this post because its something not car related for a change lol

anyways, i dont think dogs can communicate, but im sure they have some kind of 'sense' to work out this kind of things. actually, i guess its some kind of subtle communication. im also sure they can sense fear Smiley =
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i agree they sense it.

Have u ever noticed ...pretending to be pissed off at your dog is never as effective as actually being totally pissed off to your dog in demanding obedience
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak they seem to be able to sence ANGER as well Evil or Very Mad
so their barking must be just useless expressions of wasted air? Grin
when one dog bark's at another one, it seem's to take note. (especially when the dog barking is much bigger and meaner) Nod
jazae86
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think dog's just sense what is going on.

Somehow our dog know's what's going down. esp more so now that she is getting on.

The main thing I do know is that she can 'sense' whan I get home past 4 or 5am and she 'sense's ' that I want to be woken every 5min from 8-11:30 on a Sat and Sun morning whilst I try and sleep.
Then, when I get up hell pissed off, she sense's I will kill her, and scurries inside and shuts the F up...for 15 min till I fall asleep.
And my parent's open the back door again to let her out. Mad

Dog's are funny like that.

Jaz
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They definately sense things... like fear.

When I was a little kid I was running around in the park and a guy was walking his german shepard. This was a big dog, well compared to me at the time. When I saw it I started to $h1t myself and the dog picked up on it and attacked me! Luckily the owner managed to stop it before it did any major damage. Just a couple cuts to the stomach.
jazae86
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now there's a story why people hate dog's.
sorry to hear, Scares for life?

And why ALL dogs should be on leash's. I don't care if you can telepathically control your dog.........-> look tasty kid ........-> dog runs off.

Jaz
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got a German Shepard, Labradore and a king charles spaniel and you would be surprise at how smart dogs actually are, there is 4 cars at this house two of which get parked in the garage and the other two outside so if we park outside we come into the house via the front door where if you park in the garage you come in via the garage door and the dogs hear a car and straight away know which one it is and go straight to the door where you usually come in, German Shepard is the smartest for sure, know how to open gates and everything even ones with latches but the spaniel???? well thats the dumbest little shit around!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: dog communication Thu, 05 September 2002 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dogs definetly must be able to sleep. My girlfriend has a Dalmatian that is deaf. Even if it has been sleeping in the back yard, behind the tall fence with no gaps, it will wakeup all excited when you get home...weird.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dogs are pack animals, so yes they do sense things between each other.

Plus, they can smell our moods 'coz we release different pheremones depending upon our moods.
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was one time i had my dog at a friends farm. My friends dog got a bone and instead of eating it himself, he gave it to my dog.
a few weeks ago my dog spewed up on my bed and when dogs get sick they eat grass. the thing is though he put the grass over the bits of spew on my bed like he was trying to cover it up. I was quite proud of him for doing that. he also knows how to open sliding doors and can open the gate by jumping up on it and pulling it backwards with his legs.
so i think dogs are a lot smarter than people may think.
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re:ferret communication Fri, 06 September 2002 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Dogs are smart and i believe they have some kind of communication system.
And so do ferrets heheheh
My sister and I have one each they are always getting up to mischtuf like opening the fridge and cardboard where there food is. Climbing to the top of the clothes draws to sleep.
Running off with food eg. whole tomotas, apples and anything they can get.

They love playing and chasing each other around the house.

Anyone else here have ferrets??

Brett
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How the hell do ferrets open a fridge?
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are smart Razz Razz oh yeah and strong.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jezzz they'd wanna be strong!
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Their bite is hell strong. Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We had a big ass Rottie next door to us about 6 years ago. My chihuahua was about 2 at the time. Anyhoo my lil dog somehow escaped under the fence to the neighbours yard, while I was looking for it for bath time....it SENSED or at least heard the water running lol Very Happy

I go to the veranda and hear this rottie howling and moaning scared shitless, then I see the little terror chasing this bahemouth of a dog, jumping on its back, biteing its ears, its neck, got thrown off, went back again, latched onto the rotties nuts a couple times Laughing etc etc!!

After he was happy that he had dished enough out to the rottie, he grabs this huge bone that was left for the rottie and procededs to carry it back under the fence to the front of his kennel!!

Funniest thing I have ever seen involving animals!!, except for this one time at the zoo where these chimps where hurling their own shit at people Shocked ....but thats a different story!!

Cheers,
Adrian!!
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the question is who is smarter? dogs or humans? can you understand what your dog says? but can your dog understand what your saying? hmmmmmm Razz
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one thing that ALL dogs do thats freekn stupid is whenever your playing around and u do an up and down chopping motion with your arm ...they ALWAYS get under it and deck themselves

SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm tough question, I thinks dogs are smarter than us!!

Then again......how smart can you be if you lick your own ballsack! Shocked
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dogs are very smart and can plan revenge .
I had a big shepherd x and he would only crap in one corner of the yard never near the house so anyway every time one of my mates would come to my house and bring his big rotti , the rotti would come into my shed and piss on everything , my dog hated him doing that , so one day I took my dog over to the rotti's place for a drive , When we got there we hopped out of the car and I started talking to my mate , The rotti came up to greet my dog , my dog looked at the rotti and then walked into my mates shed , sat right in the middle of the shed and dropped the biggest pile of crap and then stood up and casualy walked back to me sat down . If thats not revenge what is it !!!

Trevor
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i just wanna throw a spanner in the works, dogs are stupid, they allow themselves to be trained to do basic tasks, therefore on that not cats are smarter because they dont allow themselves to be trained.

*Dons flame suit*
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugman i think that has more to do with independance rather than intelligence
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"still laughing"
TA22-3SGTE
SPEEDCORE
Those stories are great
keep em coming!!!!!
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man, i bet your a cat person Laughing
i think cats are selfish. i'd like to see a cat defend its beloved owner, or guard its house, or take revenge (hahaha, teriffic story TA22-3SGTE).
fish are better than cats, they dont allow themselves to be trained basic tasks either. Razz
ferrets sound hella cool
jazae86
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dogs rule, cats sux.
Simple.

Seen a cat climb an 8 foot fence in about 1/8 sec Smile ?

Our dog found a cat in the back yard. Never seen a cat move so kwik, ain't seen our dog move so kwik in a long time Smile Whould have loved for Kosh to catch the bastard. Teach it for pissing on my parts in the backyard Evil or Very Mad

Jaz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 September 2002 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goldfish are better than cats 'coz, not only can't you teach them anything, they'd forget it all after 20 seconds anyway! Very Happy

People who like cats are suckers for punishment. A cat just uses you for its own purposes. They're not pack animals like dogs so they don't understand concepts such as loyalty.

How many tales have you heard of cats saving their owners?
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: dog communication Sat, 07 September 2002 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cats are toss....... Surprised
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: dog communication Sat, 07 September 2002 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMHO cats are good for two things - Chew toys for Dogs - and Dim Sims Smile

Dogs do communicate on a lot of levels - by voice , by look , by smell - you just have to know what to look for .. My sheppie is incredibly smart - and shes learned means to communicate just about any need she has to us , and her pack mates ( two rat dog jack russels ) .. they know EVERYTHING thats going on around them - and will " tell you " whats going on if asked ..

if one dogs down the yard - and the other two are in the house - you hear a woof - and all three investigate , they know when my mums coming home , or when my uncle arrives by the sounds of their cars , even before the cars are within a block they are at the door wagging their tails ..

whoever says dogs cant communicate - and dont know whats going on are wrong by a ong shot - they just havent been able to translate their perception into english
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: dog communication Sat, 07 September 2002 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak ok, back to the liitle old dog and the big young dog.......
the little old dog must be really smart in doggy communication, as it can somehow order the big young dog what to do....
we used to have a tuff stuffy (now sadly passed away) anyway, i am on a property, and here there are echidnas/porkypine thingys,
and the little old dog loves to try and hunt them to (much to our discust) kill them. the little old dog used to somehow tell the tuff staffy to dig for the echidna (as they borrow down when scared or attacked) the tuff staffy would always come back with his upper and lower lips red raw and feeling very sorry for himself, from trying to get through the dirt and mud (it must have been like sandpaper) and the little old dog would have not a mark on it, so how was the little old dog ordering the tuff staffy to do all the work??
and now the other day, the big young dog has come back with it's upper and lower lips red raw and feeling very sorry for herself, so the smart (and lazy) little old dog has now trained the big young dog to do all the work.......!!??

go figure.......
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: dog communication Tue, 10 September 2002 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I've had a couple of smart dogs, one was a golden retriever/collie thing, we could never keep it in the yard, it once jumped an 8-foot chain-link fence with barbed-wire at the top (this was at a vets) stuffed if I know how she did it. She would always know what was going on. you could see it in her face. IN 13 years the local dog catcher couldn't lay a finger on her. Lame-ass. Her only weakness was cars, she loved driving in cars. You open the door and she's completely torn, she knows that she will be caught in the car but want's to go for a drive sooooo bad!!

My current dog (a labrador/staffy cross) once had a little spider that had a pull-string spider that vibrated when you pulled the string. it was on the floor once and we came into the room to find her playing with it. she'd pull the string and then let it go to watch it vibrate then she'd grab it in her paws again and pull the string with her teeth...funny sight..

Tim
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: dog communication Tue, 10 September 2002 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at my brothers 18th we got a striper and whilst she was on her knees over the top of my brother someone let go of the German Shepard and he gave her a nice big lick right between the legs Laughing Laughing Laughing she sure freaked out and turned around straight away then once she saw it was the dog she just continued along with the show, dog has been classed as a legend ever since Very Happy

Re: dog communication Tue, 10 September 2002 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my grandma's dog goes crazy barking and yapping BEFORE the phone rings, but (get this), only when my mum's on the other end....
<cue twilight zone music>

SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: dog communication Tue, 10 September 2002 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats all some crazy dog stories! its amazing what these creatures can do Rolling Eyes

we had one of those small fluffy house dogs before.. it wasnt really trained.. just to sit but it knew when she wanted togo the loo. she would come upto you.. sit down, soon as you stand up she would run to the back door and wait for you to open it. Leave it open, and she'll come back in later scratching your foot telling you to close the door.
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: dog communication Tue, 10 September 2002 21:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can safely say that my dog is pretty stupid.. but is pretty loyal.. She knows the basics.. Sit, stay . normal stuff..BUT!!
..,. She once ran into my room and ate a tube of superglue and glued her mouth shut. Laughing . She also drunk the coolant as I emptied out of my radiator... She got a golf ball stuck in the back of her jaw and couldn't shut her mouth,, kinda funny watching her try and pick up her food with her tongue.. Sad Sad
She tried to chase a taxi... and then got hit by it.. She head butted the wall once trying to run to me.. now she has a patch on the top of her head where hair doesn't grow... Saying that.. I still love her to death!!!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was taking pics of my dog and i thought "i wonder what toymodders dog r like" so i searched and found this.

The dog in the pic is really smart sometimes. but a dumbass the rest of the time.
for instance today i was kicking her ball and the ball hit a tree and bounced back......................so did she but acted like nothing happened no conssucion or anything.

I can chuck logs not sticks or branches log about as round as a tyre in the creek and she will pull it out like it's a twig.

But back on the topic of communication i've seen my dogs do it by just moving their ears it's scary.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Mookiemadskillz/000_0374.jpg
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie your dog is tough!!! Whats her name?

Looks like a Tyson... Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Her name is ally as in ally mcbeal (i'm sure you can see the irony)
bantech
Regular

September 2004
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Mookie,

Did Ally do that to your PC?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha no my dad did that he was trying install a DVD player.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hmmm got a lot of dog stories to tell from fights to how they understand when ur sick , plus when shit goes wrong , plus when u tryign to hide medicine in the food ,

owning 4 dogs 3 german sheperds and a pomeranian , ive got plenty to tell but im not going to as it willo take ages when i finish

but yueah i sure miss all of em as they were all in india and in now in australia ,

when i left india they knw exactly what was happening and would just stare at me as if don&#8217;t leave us here and go away

the best part is when they give birth the pups are so cute , couple of weeks later shit goes missing and most prob will be found in the kennel or in thwe garden nearby
sometimes the pups even carry shit twice the size of them , have u ever watched them do it , their head high in the air so the stuff doesn&#8217;t drag on the ground and run into shit cause they cant see where they going anyway

3 of them are dead now and no idea what happened to one of em which was given away to a distant friend

anyway dogs are the best

cheers
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ally as in Ally McBeal is a dog? Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dog is a psyco to certain people... If your resonably tall, have darkish hair... and a deepish voice... my dog will attack you...

Its bitten my neighbour, 3 mates, a mates dad... But otherwise its a completely normal dog...

Weird... maybe it can sense theyre fear... or maybe it thinks theyre trying to take over his territory...

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dogs communicate to me, they dont shut up til i feed them... and it works...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manipulate wrote on Fri, 06 September 2002 17:42

one thing that ALL dogs do thats freekn stupid is whenever your playing around and u do an up and down chopping motion with your arm ...they ALWAYS get under it and deck themselves

LOL - my dog is pretty smart but yes I reckon if i moved my arm up and down long enough she would eventually come close enough and get decked. Laughing
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 16:55

hmmm got a lot of dog stories to tell from fights to how they understand when ur sick , plus when shit goes wrong , plus when u tryign to hide medicine in the food ,

owning 4 dogs 3 german sheperds and a pomeranian , ive got plenty to tell but im not going to as it willo take ages when i finish

but yueah i sure miss all of em as they were all in india and in now in australia ,

when i left india they knw exactly what was happening and would just stare at me as if don&#8217;t leave us here and go away

the best part is when they give birth the pups are so cute , couple of weeks later shit goes missing and most prob will be found in the kennel or in thwe garden nearby
sometimes the pups even carry shit twice the size of them , have u ever watched them do it , their head high in the air so the stuff doesn&#8217;t drag on the ground and run into shit cause they cant see where they going anyway

3 of them are dead now and no idea what happened to one of em which was given away to a distant friend

anyway dogs are the best

cheers

I love curry !
I'm sri lankan and i used to work in a curry resturant, people would talk to me in hindi and expect me to understand .

Dogs are like ants with their power/size ratio
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sat, 07 September 2002 09:55

Goldfish are better than cats 'coz, not only can't you teach them anything, they'd forget it all after 20 seconds anyway! Very Happy

This is a conception that is comprehensively untrue. When I buy new fish (Ryukins and Demekins - species of goldfish) it takes them time to adapt to new feeding methods. I feed them brine shrimp (which is suspended in the water) and sinking pellets (which fall to bottom). When I introduce a new fish, it's immediately clear from their feeding behaviour what they've been previously accustomed to receiving. Over time, fish which for instance have no competency feeding on suspended food will learn to become more successful. Likewise, fish who are accustomed to suspended or surface-borne foods will take time to learn to fossick the substrate properly.

Clearly the fish exhibit learning behaviour, as their feeding behaviour becomes more proficcient over time.
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know if this has been covered but dogs can be trained into distinguishing races.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: dog communication Wed, 04 May 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strober wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 23:48

i dont know if this has been covered but dogs can be trained into distinguishing races.

What, motorsport or horse races? Rolling Eyes

Razz Razz Razz Razz
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: dog communication Thu, 05 May 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knew a dog who didn't like people wearing hats ?!?!?

I was later told it might be because police wear them.

This other guy when he fed his dog he put a chunk of weed under the lip of the dog bowl so when it was eating it could smell it.

so out int he bush if it would smeel somebody's crop it would run towards it thinking it would find food there aswell.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 05:02]

strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: dog communication Thu, 05 May 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 05 May 2005 00:00

strober wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 23:48

What, motorsport or horse races? Rolling Eyes

Razz Razz Razz Razz

hahahahha... dog races of course, chasing mechanical bunnies.
Dogs can be raised as racists and have prejudices against people of varying appearances.

I was told a family unknowingly raised a racist rottweiler and had to surrender it after an incident.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: dog communication Thu, 05 May 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some crazy ass random thoughts every now and then, try this one on for size;

we believe every animal is inferior because they cant speak. What if infact we're the inferior ones because we still communicate through sound.. and animals all communicate on a level beyond anything we can pickup(telepathy?)... and the various vocal animal sounds animals make are just attempts at an inferior way of communicating

Laughing
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 May 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
September_Squall wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 22:18

This is a conception that is comprehensively untrue. When I buy new fish (Ryukins and Demekins - species of goldfish) it takes them time to adapt to new feeding methods. I feed them brine shrimp (which is suspended in the water) and sinking pellets (which fall to bottom). When I introduce a new fish, it's immediately clear from their feeding behaviour what they've been previously accustomed to receiving. Over time, fish which for instance have no competency feeding on suspended food will learn to become more successful. Likewise, fish who are accustomed to suspended or surface-borne foods will take time to learn to fossick the substrate properly.

Clearly the fish exhibit learning behaviour, as their feeding behaviour becomes more proficcient over time.

yeah, proved on Mythbusters, goldfish do have a memory and can be trained, they taught the goldfish to relate food with bright colors and trained them to get through a maze to get their food.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 May 2005 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 20:06

September_Squall wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 22:18

yeah, proved on Mythbusters, goldfish do have a memory and can be trained, they taught the goldfish to relate food with bright colors and trained them to get through a maze to get their food.

I don't think they have a conscious 'memory' of explicit events, rahter they can simply be trained in a stimulus-response style to react instinctively to certain environmental cues.

But yes, they learn.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: dog communication Fri, 06 May 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dogs are awesome full stop. Very Happy Dogs have an awesome way of communicating hey. According to the Dog Whisperer they communicate through 'body language' and you can clearly see it if you look for it i.e. if they are alert their hair goes up, they move slowly, if they feel 'scared' they'll roll onto the back and expose their belly and the obvious wagging of the tail but if you see a very stiff wagging tail and you have the opportunity to approach the dog be careful cos that can also mean its cautious and not happy with you hahahaha. I like dogs, anyone else love dogs/training dogs? I have an American Staffordshire "Pitbull" terrier cross with a red heeler. Its so sad about the f'wit owners who don't train their pitbulls and they end up attacking. Crying or Very Sad
Thanks
Troy

[Updated on: Fri, 06 May 2005 22:44]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: dog communication Sat, 07 May 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i know what u mean.
I know a guy who breeds american pitbulls.
He can make them kill with just one word but those dogs are great pets they wouldn't hurt anybody unless instructed.

Ppl see my staffy and get worried but little do they know they were only bred as fighting dogs not attacking dogs.
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: dog communication Sat, 07 May 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know, thankfully my dog is insanely happy so people don't get worried. Yeah they are great dogs if trained properly like any of the 'guard dog' breeds i.e. Doberman, Rottweiler etc. etc. They just have to be trained well! Poor dogs that are forced to fight sot heir owners can make some money, thats shocking. Mad Sad
Thanks
Troy
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: dog communication Sat, 07 May 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
:'(

reminds me of my ex dog, she was the best dog man... had a few kilowatt's at her legs *Sobs* this adorable dog could keep up to my rav4 (3s-fe) and thats got like what, 70kilowatts or someshit?
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: dog communication Sat, 07 May 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 23:17

:'(

reminds me of my ex dog, she was the best dog man... had a few kilowatt's at her legs *Sobs* this adorable dog could keep up to my rav4 (3s-fe) and thats got like what, 70kilowatts or someshit?

then that would be power/weight ratio
does anyone know what the p/w ratio is for a human?

i heard the y outlawed pit bulls in NSW. what happens if you already have one? do you have to give it up to RSPCA or something?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: dog communication Sun, 08 May 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
That is so wrong
it's stereotyping to the max !
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GT4 Nurburgring CHALLENGE ! !
Next Topic:if ur thread/post/msgs got fat
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 20:43:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010069131851196 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.