Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
raddavey
Newcomer

May 2005
Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 04 May 2005 10:08 Go to next message
Whats needed in the conversion? I have a LE Nova and can't find any good front panels for it so I might just get the corolla front end. I just have damaged front right fender and indicator assembly.

P.S I have a wanted add up too if anyone has any of these parts.

Cheers
Ryan

Send a private message to this user    
boog
Regular

April 2005
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 04 May 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go to a wrecker and buy a front cut .... all you need is the lower crossmember and mounts and then just bolt everything else up ... you might want to sorse a set of rear disc brakes for it . you dont even need to change the panels leave is a non suspecting nova people will shit when you chop them in a nova Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing
raddavey
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 04 May 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you misread my post. I only want to change the front Panels and head lights to the Corolla as no wreckers have the panels I need for my Nova but plenty of Corolla panels are available.
boog
Regular

April 2005
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 04 May 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh my bad ...... good luck there are a few wreckers that always have novas up in campbelltown but i spose thats nowhere near you ..... catch ya good luck
raddavey
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Thu, 05 May 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no One? Surely its been done
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Mon, 09 May 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what wreckers have a novA in scrampbelltown i need to replace my front end after hitting a kangaroo bonnet guards indicators and front apron Smile also it might be cheeper to buy a corolla FORNT END THEN A NOVA a new (a/m) indacator lens holden is 60 corolla 25 Sad
187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 08 June 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive just hit my car
and my friends dad said i i gotta get all new parts 4 the nova coz there hard 2 found at the wreakers
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 08 June 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Left + Right fenders, headlights, blinkers, grille, bonnet is whats needed to convert the front

the nova front is off the fx-gt corollas, there would be plenty in nz Smile

187_20v: how much damage? Crying or Very Sad
sxr01r
Regular

November 2003
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 08 June 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude. panels arent even that expensive from toyota. i recently purchased 2 quarter panels from toyota for about 110 each - genuine toyota parts. and thats for a late 91 series 2 ae92. considering wreckers wanted like at least 50 i would say for the hassle i have saved it was worth the extra 60 - plus when u get them sprayed they wont need to be sanded and panel beaten.

hope that helps - Leigh
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 08 June 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edit, sorry didn't realise it was already engine up'd heh.

As has been said you'll need fenders, parker/indicator lenses, headlamps, grille and bonnet,

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 12:46]

187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 08 June 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much damage
well $2200 worth coz my friends dad is fixing it 4 me
well the right front got smashed in a fair bit and the bonnet gotfolded , do u think this is too much , its also costing more coz of the paint colour
i'll try get some pics of it

Eviljack: im sorry man i hurted ur ex baby Sad

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Wed, 08 June 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch, heh its cool mate

i dont see why its costing more for the paint colour as its the factory colour. Well thats when i had it resprayed he just mixed the code in the engine bay.

Need pics to see the extent of the damage, but atm doesnt sound ilke 2200 worth...cost me 2700 to get the whole car sprayed, brand new bonnet, roof was wrinkled from previous owner garage door come down on it so i had it straightened and i hit the rear door which was dinged in a fair bit and had that mended.

187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Fri, 10 June 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yyeh i think so now
2200 is abit 2 much
i need 2 see what his fixing
so far i think his fix is

right headlights and indicator
new front right fender painted
new bonnet painted
fix the support bar 4 the radator
and bend bak what has been bent in the engine bay
and i think my front bumper need 2 be repainted
and thats all i think

how much u think that is worth ???
dont know if im missing anything
gonna go see the guy thats fixing the car tomorrow
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Nova to AE92 Front End Conversion? Sat, 11 June 2005 08:07 Go to previous message
raddavey wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 19:38

Whats needed in the conversion? I have a LE Nova and can't find any good front panels for it so I might just get the corolla front end. I just have damaged front right fender and indicator assembly.

P.S I have a wanted add up too if anyone has any of these parts.

Cheers
Ryan

What's your car gonna be called after you convert it?
A Novrolla?
A Corolva??
Laughing

Sorry I've been watching too many drift videos...

But seriously even if Nova parts are more expensive your only after one quarter panel and an indicator assembly, I still think it'll work out cheaper than buying a whole Corolla front end.

One quarter panel and indicator assembly VERSUS Left + Right fenders, headlights, blinkers, grille, bonnet.

Your alot better off sticking with the Nova.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ano - wa ka nai - cho to - 20v MAP ECU VVT problem
Next Topic:1G stuff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:00:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047378540039062 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.