Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup Wed, 04 May 2005 13:49 Go to next message
I've got a gen 1 3sge.
I'm just wondering what the standard duration might be and what I might be able to go on the standard ecu. And how would the powerband change?
It peaks power at 6000..

What sort of gains could be had?

Thanx again!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup Wed, 04 May 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=62131&rid=5822&S=0df576c1d9f29d0329bfdc4 66289aaac&pl_view=&start=0#msg_572496

Dude, you already asked this ^ ^ ^

thats your last thread asking the same thing, there are about 5 genuine answers in there already.

Custom cams, or expensive TRD items to quote just two of them.

If you are not happy with the answers, bump your old thread up so at least people can see the history and dont repeat what they have said prior.

Cheers

Adam

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup Wed, 04 May 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Standard ecu = standard cams.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup Thu, 05 May 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My question was more surrounded about the standard duration of these cams would be, not about what could be upgraded to.
And what sort of gains..

I was happy with those answers, but these are different questions..
I haven't said anything thats been previously answered! They are different questions...

acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup Thu, 05 May 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I conceed. Razz

as stated previously, standard ecu is a limitation.

If you have not already, Sponsor the ST162 Megasquirt and spark development and you will be able to go nuts. Contact RWDBoy for more details, go here...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=66725&rid=5822&S=0df576c1d9f29d0329bfdc4 66289aaac&pl_view=&start=0#msg_626072

That will sort you out Smile

Cheers

Adam
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup Thu, 05 May 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically nobody makes aftermarket cams for the Gen 1. They use a much smaller base circle and also a smaller bucket which limmits the amount of lift and duration you can put into a cam.

The only people I know who are doing aftermarket cams for the Gen 1 are http://www.atsracing.net/cams.htm.

I do not endorse their product in any way, I'm just letting you know it exists.
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup Thu, 05 May 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toda still make cams for st162 about 500 each these are billets and are for shim on top ,they also make some cams with shim under as well they are dearer ,but can get 256 dur 264 ,272, 288,and 304 lift ranging from 7.9mm to 8.5mm
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Aftermarket Cams for 3sge!!! After mild setup Mon, 09 May 2005 12:19 Go to previous message
I've got a "mild" TRD set in a GpA head, out of a TTE rally GT4. you will never get the best performance out of any aftermarket cam without an ECU change.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fly cutting 3tc forged pistons to suit 3tgte head
Next Topic:7mgte keep blowing HG, any help???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 11:23:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054800510406494 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.