Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What the hell? Lean but using alot of fuel?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
What the hell? Lean but using alot of fuel? Wed, 18 December 2002 05:26 Go to next message
Hey guys,
My brother dropped my car to the shop. We were going to get a tune up. and they found out the car is running lean. Needing a new 02 sensor. But i dont get why it's eating up alot of fuel? it used to blow black smoke as it was too rich. now its just to lean? i've been using pulp (alternatively ulp when the price is up at 90c+) i've fitted headers 4-2-1 and the sensor is lower down the manifold. I got nearly 80-90kms out of about 9-10L city driving straight after i got my extractors. I drove it a few weeks ago and i felt a strong kick at the uper rpm (felt like so much more power at that point). What could of caused this? and what are the reasons o2 sensors are likely to die?
  Send a private message to this user    
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: What the hell? Lean but using alot of fuel? Wed, 18 December 2002 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me thinks that if your car has more power in the Upper RPM region after putting extractors in that you would most likely be driving in this region more than you used to....
understandably Very Happy
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: What the hell? Lean but using alot of fuel? Wed, 18 December 2002 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couldn't tell you what causes them to die but if you now have more power in the Upper RPM region its because you no longer have a flow restriction, the higher the RPM the more exhaust gas you have. The extractors are able to flow the gas much mor efficiently.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What the hell? Lean but using alot of fuel? Wed, 18 December 2002 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not really.. i only took her upto 6/7k the heighest once and awhile.. now i just drive it 3/4k and it still seems to eat alot of fuel. damm faulty o2
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What the hell? Lean but using alot of fuel? Wed, 18 December 2002 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sudden boost of power kicks in just before redline. I was pretty shocked at how it felt.. like a punch to your chest on redline just before gearchange. im only getting 300km-350km (400km if i drop it neutral going down hills) per tank now. mainly suburban driving and abit of m4
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: What the hell? Lean but using alot of fuel? Wed, 18 December 2002 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm it could be that im still using the same 4A-C Fuel lines.. i'll swap them over these holidays
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: What the hell? Lean but using alot of fuel? Thu, 19 December 2002 11:32 Go to previous message
Many things can kill an EGO sensor... especially leaded fuel and strange petrol additives (such as those added to the "cheaper" premium petrols) it may also be possible that Ethanol isn't helping the situation (other problems could be to do with your oil and the overburning of it).

The fact that your EGO is dead and your computer cannot tune the car whilst it is running could cause problems with fuel consumption!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hip hop, r&b music listeners
Next Topic:Insane News Site..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 20:28:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047779083251953 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.