Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » commodore struts in RA40?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
commodore struts in RA40? Thu, 05 May 2005 03:35 Go to next message
It's a bit of a long shot but i recall some time ago glancing thru some mag like Pushrod Monthly and coming across a rover V8 into a RA40 conversion. Nothing special there but they had used some model of commodore front struts as it gave them bigger brakes and matched the PCD for the rear diff conversion as well. They were apparently almost a straight bolt it.

Anyone know what model commode they might have been from?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: commodore struts in RA40? Thu, 05 May 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A guy in brisbane used the bottom half of a commodore strut and the original RA23 top halt if i remember correctly it just bolted together. He ran upgraded hsv brakes 330mm something like that.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: commodore struts in RA40? Thu, 05 May 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justen,

I think that it may have been from the earlier VN - VP era of Crumpledore (there was a thread some time ago re the issue od Commonwhore struts in a MA61)

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=27188&rid=3701&S=b7cea596ab275fac6a96bd2 ddb5f65c3&pl_view=&start=0#msg_243992

The trouble is that there was no end response from the person that claimed to have done it. Rolling Eyes
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: commodore struts in RA40? Thu, 05 May 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm a can of worms there, i'll look into it more closely when i have my stock bits out and in front of me.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: commodore struts in RA40? Thu, 05 May 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Green from the Qld Celica Club put Commodore struts in his JZA23 beast, from a VS I think. He told me they were pretty close to a bolt-in but some minor fiddling was required. From memory they had to be shortened as well.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: commodore struts in RA40? Thu, 05 May 2005 06:19 Go to previous message
Yeah that the car i was talking about jza23 but i'm pretty sure he used half comodore/celica strut?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2JZ-GTE gurus in Melbourne
Next Topic:Greddy Profec B Spec II Tuners in Canberra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 23:30:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038950443267822 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.