Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Solexes on 2T Wed, 04 May 2005 08:34 Go to next message
If I was to put my 40 PHH Solexes on my 2T (272 degree cam, extractors, 2", stock comp) would it be necisary to re-jet them? what are the chances the mixtures could be tuned to suit with the 2TG jets in them? I know it's hard to say, but im just after opinions/experiences.

Thanks,

Jim.
  Send a private message to this user    
Moonbreaker
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Solexes on 2T Wed, 04 May 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd doubt it. usually these things have to be rejetted for them to run right. they might work but will most likely not run well.
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Solexes on 2T Thu, 05 May 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do Weber jets drop straight into these carbs? or is it cheaper/easier to solder and re-drill the standard jets?
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Solexes on 2T Thu, 05 May 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weber DCOE jets are press fit, not screw type. I think that other Weber jets can be used but Weber parts are not common anymore either.
Moonbreaker
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Solexes on 2T Thu, 05 May 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
webber jets have a different screw pitch, you have to re tapp the holes. imho i just solder and drill, to try out different settings then buy when you have gotten one that works well
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Solexes on 2T Thu, 05 May 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome, where would I find a set of suitable drill bits?

The next issue will be sourcing a manifold, they seem to be pretty scarce.
If I make up an adapter plate (I've got a 2TG manifold), I'd be concerned about the rear carb clearing the brake booster as I'd like to run a CAI box, plus it leaves me with a longer intake tract, which, for what it's worth, I'd like to avoid if possible.
Then there's the fact that I dont really have the resources to make the plate acurately myself, so this all seems like a crap idea.
Is a new Redline manifold the only way to go? (Yes, I'm a tightarse student.)

Edit: Redline only make a 2x45mm DCOE manifold for this application, but I'd want to run 2x40mm. Besides reducing intake velocity Sad is this a problem?

Cheers,

Jim.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2005 14:20]

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Solexes on 2T Thu, 05 May 2005 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even a single 40mm sidedraft is a lot of carb for a 2T with stock compression I think... what about using the manifold you have with one of your Solex carbs?
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Solexes on 2T Thu, 05 May 2005 23:58 Go to previous message
In the short term, I probably will only run one, but as soon as it becomes feasable, I'll aim for ~10.5:1 and stick the other one on.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 Exhaust systems
Next Topic:ke70 conversion. ??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 16:53:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046021938323975 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.