Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » speedo needle thingo stopped working.............help!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
greenmonkey
Newcomer

October 2002
icon9.gif  speedo needle thingo stopped working.............help! Thu, 19 December 2002 01:41 Go to next message
(btw i know next to nothing about cars in general)

Ok, i own a '91 corolla secaSX, and i was drivng along the other night and i noticed that my speedo needle was just sitting on zero Shocked So remembering that i had joined this forum i awhile back, i thought id come on here and see if anyone has a quick-fix-cost me-nothing solution.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks heaps. (comming up on double demerits - id like to know exactly how fast im going)
  Send a private message to this user    
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: speedo needle thingo stopped working.............help! Thu, 19 December 2002 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the odometer still working? if so then the internals of the speedo might be stuffed. If not then you might have a broken speedo cable, or it might be loose.
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: speedo needle thingo stopped working.............help! Thu, 19 December 2002 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speedo cable still plugged in?
greenmonkey
Newcomer

October 2002
Re: speedo needle thingo stopped working.............help! Fri, 20 December 2002 04:12 Go to previous message
Had the mechanic around this morning and it turns out the 'inner speedo cable' from the gear box has broken. So i had to ring up the toyota dealership spare parts guys, and he said he can get the cable in by tommorow. Which is saturday - i dont think they're open saturday so that means driving around the whole weekend during double demerits not knowing how fast im going Sad
Looks like ill just have to take it slow Sad Sad

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE into 79 Rolla?!?!
Next Topic:TA-23 Where to start
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:01:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053880214691162 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.