Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
icon5.gif  4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 05:09 Go to next message
Hi

I just have a quick question, I have a smallport 4AGE head which i just pulled off a mates engine...it looks to be in top condition, In my car i have a bigport motor which is pissin coolant at the back of the head therefore it needs to be fixed. I have been told that its the head thats coroded and not the head gasket thats gone...which im still unsure of and i need my car so i cant afford to have it off the road...

so my question is, can i bolt the smallport head onto my bigport block just as a temporary solution? Whats involved in making this work? I assume that i will need to change over all the sensors from the blue head and use my manifolds but i just want to know if this will work....

i only need this to last for a while as i am having a performance motor built up

hope someone can help me out with some proper answers not just general abuse and sarcasm Rolling Eyes

cheers Cool

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need to sort out intake manifold ie. swap the ends (assuming its in a sprinter) bigport manifold wont work
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are bogport heads for sale on toymods
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bogport heads Laughing hahaha

um....thanx but i dont think u guys understand...

i already have a 4age in my sprinter

and a spare bigport 4age head...which im using to build up my other motor therefore i cant use...

and i have a smallport head thats just colecting dust and its just been pulled off a motor so its in good condition

i just need to know if it will fit onto the bigport block

and also if im using cams from the same head do i need to reshim it ...and whats involved in that

cheers

Adam
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inlet manifolds are different from bigport to smallport i thinks
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What he said ^ and you cant just bolt a bigport manifold to a smallport head. only smallport head bolts to smallport manifold and they only come in FWD configuration, so you throttle body will pointing into your firewall.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could allways get a smallport inlet manifold cut and weld the throttle onto the other side but it hardly seems worth it
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think im just gonna have to bite the bullet and see what happens when i pull my head off....i jsut hope its not fuked..

i should of just gone and had a look at the 2 heads i got sitting threr...its so damn obvious it wont fit...but it does bolt up...just there is a huge hap around each port Rolling Eyes

cheers boys..

Adam

allencr
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGE head work Fri, 06 May 2005 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sure it's the head, and not that sensor block or plate on the back that is doing the pissing?

lotta work for something that's just temporary. i think this is the perfect time for that cooling system stop leak stuff, unlike other times when a proper fix is best.
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: 4AGE head work Sat, 07 May 2005 03:11 Go to previous message
yeah im sure....i can see water comming out between the block and head....and i dont think u understand...its like 1L a day thats leaking...and i tried all the stop leak crap and it just didnt work...

i know its lots of work but what can i do

Adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2JZGTE in a MX13 rona....
Next Topic:CV Joints. Recommended Place in Adelaide??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 03:19:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046231746673584 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.