Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Replacement Control Arm Bushes in RA23 Rear End

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Replacement Control Arm Bushes in RA23 Rear End Fri, 06 May 2005 01:12 Go to next message
Just recently had my hilux diff put in and it turns out that i need all new bushes (well, they say only the control arm ones, but I"ll replace them all).

Anyone got any idea on how much the bushes in the rear end cost and exactly how many there are? I've got in mind:

Left and right control arm bushes (2 each) = 4
Pan Hard Rod = 2
Shocks (2 each) = 4

Am I missing any?
  Send a private message to this user    
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Replacement Control Arm Bushes in RA23 Rear End Fri, 06 May 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, upper control arm bushes (another four bushes in total). these are the same bush as the lower control arms. Go to a polyurethane bush for everything, they should be around $25/set so you're looking at around $300 for bushes alone. When installing them, lube them up copiously with a long lasting molybdenum (sp?) grease - this will keep them quiet, and come back every 12-18 months and regrease to keept the bushes in good condition.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Replacement Control Arm Bushes in RA23 Rear End Fri, 06 May 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Excellent advice. I will lube them up with, what was the grease you mentioned? Wink

As for price, just called pedders.
Polyurethane bushes, control arm kit - $175
Panhard rod $45.
nice effort I thouhg
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Replacement Control Arm Bushes in RA23 Rear End Fri, 06 May 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a rat through my spare poly bushes - I thought I had a new, unused set of shock mounts, and panhard rod bushes I was going to offer you - but alsa I can't find them, so must have used them elsewhere. From memory, you won't be able to buy bushes off the shelf to suit your panhard rod, I wound up using a Commodore bush set, modified to fit. i did this many years ago, and can't remember exactly what I did, but it may point you in the right direction?!

The grease I use is a Valvoline product: Val Plex M All Purpose Grease, which according to the destructions, is a "NGLI No. 2 Lithium Complex grease containing 3% Molybdenum Disulphide"

Go forth and press out and reinstall in confidence!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Replacement Control Arm Bushes in RA23 Rear End Fri, 06 May 2005 10:45 Go to previous message
Actually I'd recommend against using urethane for a live axle, especially in the control arms; they have a habit of binding. You need lots of compliance for a live axle, they move around a lot.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Recaro rails
Next Topic:more steering angle on AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 01:06:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039689540863037 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.