Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Powerful TA22 engine

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BennyG
Regular

February 2005
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Fri, 06 May 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it didn't feel too sluggish for you coming from a car like that? because the 350 has 206 kw at the fly... so would be roughly the same.

(all) i want is something that is a) quick of the mark (v8 beater), b) handles like its on rails and c) has the balls to be able to overtake. (forced induction preferred)

if you can tell me a package that will satisfy that, i should be right. (and will be most greatful) is there a 2 litre forced induction engine that i could use?
  Send a private message to this user    
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Fri, 06 May 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

No offence man, but you sound like a bit of a nut. You may know the HP and weights and stuff like that of various cars - probably from magazines - yet you come across rather foolish.

Firstly you wanted an engine that can rev to 10K, now you want it to handle well, beat V8's and be hyper-fast for overtaking.

If you're only 17 then you're on your P's and you know jack about driving. I know you think you know it all, but trust me, you really know bugger all and I don't think it's responsible for people here to help you get more performance (in your car) than your skills can handle. You'll only wipe yourself out, or your mates or some innocent bystander.

Learn to drive properly and get a bit of maturity under your belt before you start to go off the rails with something that will bite you hard.

I'm not saying this as a put-down or to be offensive, but geeez man, just whack a 2TG or some nice NA engine into your car, have fun with it, learn from it, do the suspension and other stuff for handling. As you get better and more confident and able to read the traffic (let alone avoid the many, many knuckleheads on the roads) then start to think about more performance.

For one, I'd like to have you around for years to come - not to find out that BennyG wrote himself off doing some dumb-ass shit in a souped up car - especially when he was only in his teens and had so much more life to live.

seeyuzz
river
BennyG
Regular

February 2005
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Fri, 06 May 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i respect your opinion mate, and know what your saying... but by the time this project is finished it will be 12 months down the track at least, im just getting the info to make a start. and i only know the power of a 350 because i drive one... haven't really pretended like i know much at all i didnt think, havent meant to anyway... its all a big learning curve really.

cheers
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Powerful TA22 engine Fri, 06 May 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BennyG wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 19:08

Cool1... by some cash do you mean the 10k that you referred to in your earlier post... as i can't afford to pay for the engine, an overhaul, all the bolt on goodies, brakes, suspension, respray etc PLUS on top of that have to pay $10k to fit an engine. I can afford all of the parts, its the labour thats the killer.

I can help you out with what ever engine conversion you want. I can also help you out with the brakes, mod plate and what ever else you require.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Fri, 06 May 2005 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my advice is
set your car up for a 1GGEU, thats 2.0 litre NA, when the time comes for a bit more grunt, bolt in a 1GGTE Twin Turbo, or a 1jz.

seriously man, im turning 18 in a few weeks, i know i cant drive for dick.

so im driving a Van, not much shit you can do wrong in a van now can ya....?

be sensible about it

a 2TG/3T hybrid is more than enough to cope, and if you want torque and your even thinking about a 4age you obviously havent read up on it.

whatever you do man, make sure youve got handling and stopping power to handle it.
work your suspension and brakes first, then model your engine around what money you have left.

a better handling car is better than a faster car. it makes twisty roads fun, rather than boaty.

and you dont need power, just wait till its wet... if your suicidal.

theres a thread where i wrote about all the engine conversions bar the s series engines into a ta22... its in the tech section.

Good luck with it.

Eldar.O.
BennyG
Regular

February 2005
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Sat, 07 May 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks cool1.

eldar, i at no stage have considered the 4age... people have suggested it, but i have a fair idea as to the torque (or lack of) of that engine
BennyG
Regular

February 2005
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Sat, 07 May 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one more stupid question... everyone try and stay patient.. haha

should you steer clear of engines from other manufacturers all together when doing a conversion or is it not that bad? I was thinking an old 4g63 turbo out of an evo 1 or vr4? now im pretty sure all of these engines are in 4wd cars... is there any way of using them in rwd cars or is it too difficult?

Cheers
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Sat, 07 May 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BennyG wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 20:00

one more stupid question... everyone try and stay patient.. haha

should you steer clear of engines from other manufacturers all together when doing a conversion or is it not that bad? I was thinking an old 4g63 turbo out of an evo 1 or vr4? now im pretty sure all of these engines are in 4wd cars... is there any way of using them in rwd cars or is it too difficult?

Cheers

the evo motors yes, they are awd engines set up in east west layout...

such as, it makes them a slut to make RWD.

the north south 4wd engines, (R32 GTR) are alot easier...

i suggest you dont bother, go with an sr20 or ca18 if your thinking about other manufacturers.

Eldar.O.
BennyG
Regular

February 2005
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Sat, 07 May 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eldar

3TGTE vs SR20

first off what makes more power stock, and which has better torque

which can make more power easier (im guessing SR20?)

which is the easier fit into a TA22 engine bay

which out of these two would you recommend?

cheers
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Sat, 07 May 2005 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BennyG wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 20:35

eldar

3TGTE vs SR20

first off what makes more power stock, and which has better torque

which can make more power easier (im guessing SR20?)

which is the easier fit into a TA22 engine bay

which out of these two would you recommend?

cheers

3t is easier to fit, its bolt it.

sr20 is 2 litre, rather than 1.8, which means more torque.
sr20's can make insane amounts of power, theres a sheet load of aftermarket parts for em, they're one of the most popular engines out there.

if you can afford it/put up with it, id go the sr20.

i love me a 3TGTE but parts for them are beginning to get scarce.

Eldar.O.
BennyG
Regular

February 2005
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Sat, 07 May 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you mean by put up with them?
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Powerful TA22 engine Sat, 07 May 2005 22:36 Go to previous message
its takes a while and is a headache to install and get an sr20 running.

Eldar.O.
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cooling problems ae86
Next Topic:Funny noise in my AE86...help?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 06:21:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051851272583008 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.