Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
solie
Newcomer

May 2005
2s/3s question Thu, 05 May 2005 17:19 Go to next message
Is it possable to put a 3s twin cam head on a 2s block, i know it would most likly require exguast manifold to suit along with efi conversion but im just wondering if it is possable to get a 3s head onto a 2s block.

if it is possable would it give it a better rev range and economy?

just a little somethin different
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2s/3s question Thu, 05 May 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah its possible, but why would you?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2s/3s question Thu, 05 May 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because it would cost more than a 3S and make less power. Brilliant!
solie
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: 2s/3s question Fri, 06 May 2005 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like i said, something different and it would cost less then a 3s conversion

and just out of coriuosity to what it would do
vin91
Regular

August 2003
Re: 2s/3s question Fri, 06 May 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I have read on the net there is no Problem Except the Timing belt pulleys have a different Pitch on the teeth.

been thinking of trying this just to see what the result is.

so if anyone can come up with info on valve clearences and other problems may be helpful.

In theory it would probably be tourqeier (is that right?) than the 3S but overall power would be less?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 2s/3s question Fri, 06 May 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
solie wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 04:40

would cost less then a 3s conversion

No it wouldn't.
solie
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: 2s/3s question Sat, 07 May 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 08:55

solie wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 04:40

would cost less then a 3s conversion

No it wouldn't.

how do you figure that?
a car that already has a 2s in it, then what ever mods done to get the 3s head onto the block.

the reason im asking if it can be done and what needs to be done to get it to fit is just to see what the results would be, im not expecting it to have anywhere near the same amount of power as a 3s.
if anyone is going to be helpful with info on doing this head swap, i would try it and find out the results for myself
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2s/3s question Sun, 08 May 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This would be all well and good if it was a simple matter of unbolting the 2S head and bolting on the 3S head. In reality it's nowhere near that simple, you'd need to swap/modify a lot of parts to make this abortion fly. Custom pistons for starters, and you've already exceeded the cost of a complete 3S swap.
da_horse
Regular

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 2s/3s question Sun, 08 May 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which 3s head did u want to use? give that there are technically no 3s head, as 3s means the block. u have the 3sfe, 3sge, 3sgte, 3s-c or 3s-f (the carbie one, cant remember). and what block do u have?

also the fe and ge head are different too. on top of that the sensors are different so you would definately need to use custom ecu. let me list u some thigns you;ll need

CUSTOM:
pistons
crank
rods
loom
ecu

not to mention it might not even work.

if u do, i'd love to see it happen, but prepare to waste a bit of money and not even get good results. i still dont see what a 2s block has over that of a 3s.

Cheers
vin91
Regular

August 2003
Re: 2s/3s question Sun, 08 May 2005 20:52 Go to previous message
You May not need new pistons as Most toyotas are non interference and I think(correct me if im wrong) but the 2S use standered dished pistons and do not have valve recesses, Though you may have a problem with a drop in compression. Also a New exhaust is a must, as well as the Distributor postion is inconveniant. The advantages of the 2S block (in theory) is more torque due to a longer stroke.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wheel sizes?
Next Topic:intercooler quandry???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:37:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054421424865723 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.