Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Best place to get 3SGTE Power FC tuned???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
w_e_b_s_t_o_r
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Best place to get 3SGTE Power FC tuned??? Sun, 08 May 2005 04:24 Go to next message
What would be the best place to get a power FC tuned for a 3SGTE? (on a ST205)

I am considering Bel performance.

Any others?

Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Best place to get 3SGTE Power FC tuned??? Sun, 08 May 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave at SAS is one of the best tuners in the country.

Toymods Car Club members get a really good discount on tuning at SAS. They're listed on our sponsors page http://www.toymods.org.au/sponsors.php#24

[Updated on: Sun, 08 May 2005 04:28]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Best place to get 3SGTE Power FC tuned??? Sun, 08 May 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep SAS!
Imagine Dave as a fully fledged computer nerd with a dyno... he programs all his own chip programming software and seems to have a big personal interest in learning each new ECU and vehicle when they come out.
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Best place to get 3SGTE Power FC tuned??? Sun, 08 May 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bel are the apexi Distributor's and i've seen and experienced their work first hand.

The thing I like is they actually do a road tune. Compared to a Dyno. So you can tell them how you want the car to feel say you wanted lots of bottom end for hill climbs/Touges etc. And they never push the car 100%.

We had the WRX done at RUF it was making big power for a stock engine 185kw@all four. It ran real rich bottom end back firing alot on the strets but had a top end rush.

Got Bel to make the car more drivable and they did a really good job. Bottom end was great it had sharper throttle response and boost came on earlier. Didn't feel as strong as the max tune. But alot better to drive.

HTH
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Best place to get 3SGTE Power FC tuned??? Sun, 08 May 2005 08:36 Go to previous message
yeah i belive road tuning is better due to the fact that your getting actual air flow through the intercooler radiator engine bay etc as opposed to a dyno room where all they have is a fan. However there are things you can do on a dyno that you cant do on the road.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SETUP FOR 86'
Next Topic:FAQ: AE86 Steering and Suspension
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:15:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004188060760498 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.