Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cnic82
Regular

January 2005
Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations? Sun, 08 May 2005 09:25 Go to next message
Looking for someone in melb to convert my strut to coilover type, any recommendations??

Cheers
Craig
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations? Sun, 08 May 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it u have read the current Fast Fours mag, there is an article in there about converting ur strut to coilover.
cnic82
Regular

January 2005
Re: Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations? Sun, 08 May 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, I havent actually read this article might grab a copy and check it out, is there much useful info in it??
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations? Sun, 08 May 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of car, what sort of strut, and what do you want it to do?
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations? Sun, 08 May 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone ( Shocked ) did mine recently to fit an RT132 strut and brake assembly to my KE70 (where the existing diameter spring wouldn't fit inside the tower). While looking for a workshop to do the work I was advised that the machine work should cost around $100-$150 per strut.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations? Mon, 09 May 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IIRC the article missed some key points and was fairly useless, much like the rest of Fast Fours is Razz
cnic82
Regular

January 2005
Re: Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations? Mon, 09 May 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry everyone,
its an ae86 bigport 4age, setting it up for drift/street, looking to put 7kg front, 5kg rear with short stroke shocks all round. I have a set of KYB short stroke shocks in hand and tein camber tops. So i'm just looking for someone local to supply the conversion kit, cut down my struts, and weld the thread and collar on. I would do it myself but i dont have the facilities
sorry bout the previous lack of info
thanks in advance
Craig
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Coilover Conversion in Melb?? Recommendations? Tue, 10 May 2005 02:53 Go to previous message
have you tried Centreline Suspension??? they are in Thomastown
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Minilight Wheels (where to buy)
Next Topic:sv-21 3s-fe to a 4age or a 4agze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:33:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045061111450195 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.