Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Performance workshops in Victoria....any??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Sun, 08 May 2005 15:21 Go to next message
I am still in the search for a performance workshop in Victoria. Please list them, thanks!
  Send a private message to this user    
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Mon, 09 May 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just drive through random industrial areas till you see a heap of habibs with skylines/rexs parked out the front
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Mon, 09 May 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm new in Melbourne, still not familiar with the place yet. I'm located in East Melbourne. I basically only know Box Hill and Doncaster. I just need some names and where they are located, thanks!
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Mon, 09 May 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A couple I know of (mainly through drifting).

These two I have heard good reports of:
Chasers - just moved to a place on Dynon rd (or whatever it becomes) in West Melbourne/Footscray
Protek - On Dundas st in Thornbury/Preston

Others I have no idea of reputation:
Driftline in Campbellfield
A few other places on Dundas st (mainly rotary)

Use a phone book and you'll discover plenty more.

But rest assured that being a "performance" workshop gives them the right to bend you over and ream you on price.

Hen
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Mon, 09 May 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Henn! Great help!!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Mon, 09 May 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think avo is down there aswell
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Mon, 09 May 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another question, where can i get a RWC done, somewhere in the city or near. Anyone??
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Mon, 09 May 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to a mechanic.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Tue, 10 May 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are you looking to have done ??

fancy crap like fulsic engine conversions or ecus , turbos , suspension etc ?
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Tue, 10 May 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Right now i need a RWC for the car to be fully transfered. The RWC expired right before we transfered it over.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Tue, 10 May 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RWC is the responsibility of the seller to get, if I remember correctly. Most mechanics are able to do a RWC so you shouldnt have a problem.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Tue, 10 May 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unless it was sold without RWC which is also legal ..

Dude just goto a licenced RWC tester - racv workshops , any reputable normal mechanic with the right certs ..

it doesnt have to be a performance shop ..

they will just charge you extra in the end to replace your X part with rice brand X , when a normal off the shelf item will suffice
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Tue, 10 May 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Performance is when i wanna start modding. Right now i need a mech that can do a RWC.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Tue, 10 May 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kikaider wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 19:31

Performance is when i wanna start modding. Right now i need a mech that can do a RWC.

Heh heh. If you're gonna go to a performance shop then you're richer than most of us.
kikaider
Regular

March 2005
Re: Performance workshops in Victoria....any?? Tue, 10 May 2005 13:52 Go to previous message
I am just not very good with my hands. And i have no patience to do the mechanic work myself. Do not see myself as being richer than most of you, only luckier. hehe! Very Happy
Anyways, any of you (luckier ones) been to Chasers at Footscray?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Why not to buy a Ford... From PARRAMATTA ROAD
Next Topic:General forced induction questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 01:26:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055170059204102 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.