Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Why not to buy a Ford... From PARRAMATTA ROAD Mon, 09 May 2005 13:17 Go to next message
Well here is a story for some. Very interesting and gives a bit of a bad point about Bega & Parramatta Rd car dealers. Enjoy

First day:

Bought Ford Fairlane ZL from Paramatta Rd for a bargin of $1200 with 6 cyc EFI, 3 speed auto.

Second day:
Grab mate and decide to go for a drive to wherever, get to Cronulla, refuel ( 75L tank ) and
of down south we head. Well time just flu and so did the Km's lol.
Playing around with the computer with shows all types a stuff, anyway when we had a look at the
Km's left, it stated 55Km's.
Now i knew there were no servo's open 55k's back and the nearest main suburb was Bega ( yes time flu
that quick lol) which was 60k's down the road.
To cut a long story short were counting the k's left to go and the predicated k's left in the tank
( crossin our fingers ). Made it to bega! Wow that was a mirracle, 1km left in the tank... woohoo.

Go to the servo but it's shut so while were thinking wtf to do next, guess who turns up? The police, breath test yadda
yadda and told us where a 24hour servo was, which was 2k's down the road.
Only just making it there with it coughing and splattering, we fill the thing up ( $90 !!! ).

Yippie lets get the flying %&%^ out of this place. 40k's down the road the dash flickers and volts go to swfa. Knowing that
there was a new battrey and terminals i sniffed a reason for it being the price it was. I assumed the allternator.

Well anyways, head back to Bega back outside the servo and decide to let it idle a bit, volts went up which i found weird.
So we decide the dc the battrey to see where the problem was, well that was just the best $#%% idea of all lol. Car died
and it wouldn't fire with the battrey.

So we end up spending the night in Bega, ( in the car ) whilist only wearing shirts. I tell you what, it's one of the coldest
$#^%ing holes in the universe. Smile

After a cold night, and up walking down to the mech, he can't help but just says there's a auto electricin 5k's down the road.
Great what to do next. Walk next door spend $80 on a new battrey and popped that in. It burnt a earth wire?!
So i replace the earth wire with a screw driver and walla it starts. ( why would it burn tho? )
Get down to the auto elec and he says he can't help, try this place insted which was another 3k's. Went there and got it
fixed. ( had to sit around till 1pm). Turned out the alternator bracket had vibrated f, apprently had being doing so for some
time.

Left at 3.30pm buggered and anoyed lol.

Ok it's not the worst but hey it's something different lol. Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:04]

Send a private message to this user    
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Why not to buy a Ford... Mon, 09 May 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its called a funky adventure!! Smile
sounds like you had fun!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Why not to buy a Ford... Mon, 09 May 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how old was the old battery?

My reason TO BUY A FORD: Get trailer whipped off the road in Albany 400+Kms from home,(due to a combination of things - faulty tyr on the trailer, bent drawbar on the trailer, ...), write the front end sheet metal off in the process, wlak out of the crash without a scratch, look at the car embedded in the bush and think - "Fuck, we're not getting out of here without some major damage!", ..., get snatch strapped out by the passing Ranger, retie the Crown ute that has come foward (breaking four tie down points to do so) onto the trailer, and drive the fucken thing back home!!!

The car still has the scars to prove it!
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why not to buy a Ford... Tue, 10 May 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should change your title to:

Why not to buy a Ford... FROM PARAMATTA ROAD!

mate your a bloody idiot that place is crooked as shit.

where did u get it? Granville Used Cars? Laughing

why do u think the prices are supposedly so good? the cars are fucked!

not trying to be harsh, but when buying a nice cheap car especially from a dealer like that, your always best to get a full NRMA inspection done, the 260 or so your paying for the inspection youll be able to talk double that off the price when you find out all the things that are wrong with it!

better safe than sorry looking back on it i bet u wished ud done it just so u wouldnt have had to deal with ur fun adventure!

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 06:50]

setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Why not to buy a Ford... Tue, 10 May 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't call a loose alt mount fuct...
ChunksNensja
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Why not to buy a Ford... Tue, 10 May 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checks202 wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 23:17

First day:

Bought Ford Fairlane ZL from Paramatta Rd for a bargin of $1200 with 6 cyc EFI, 3 speed auto.

You bought a bargain car from a shady dealer and decided to go on a long distance trip the next day before getting the car checked properly and blame Ford when it breaks. You jackass
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why not to buy a Ford... Tue, 10 May 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errr when a car gest that old it is hardly the fault of ther manufacturer more the owner that has been driving it around and not giving a shit about maintenance. But for christs sakes you paid 1200 bucks for a car and complain when something goes up shit creek, what do you expect a mint condition car serviced to a tea and handed to you on a platter.
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: Why not to buy a Ford... Tue, 10 May 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oi, you are in no position to bag out Fords when you have 202 in your username. Wink The 250 crossflow makes nice work of the u-turn motor.

But seriously, bad luck mate. Same thing happens on the BA's. You want 80's luxury, get a Cressida. Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:04]

checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Why not to buy a Ford... Tue, 10 May 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couple of things:

Yes it was the car yard with the building that looks like a outside loo. ( blue hut )

Door lock is playing up but i fixed it, he recomend me tying the door on and drive there, if i got defected i get no refund so i gathered wtf is the point of going to the tribunal.

Second of all im not that stupid, yes i did check the engine. Mind you the fu*ckhead had swfa oil in the thing but it's all good now.

Also for $1200 i expect a *tad* better as a good one is only $2000. I expected some problems tho.

Also the story of 202 in my name has nothing to do with 202's Wink. Started out as checkers2002 then got down to checks202.

Overall the car is good now, for the extra $900 i'll spend i'll be lucky to get one for the same price.

Ie:
All electronics work ( this took a little of fiddling )
Icluding power everything + sunroof

Has less than 270,000 ( which i admit is alot but from what i hear they last a bit? )

Gearbox has been changed at 236,000 k's.

New air conditioner comresser and so forth with fairly new radiator.

I serousily don't think i got *that* bad of a deal. ( When i tought about it )

Serousily, i don't thinkg you can find a top notch zl fairlane with the efi motor an 7 months rego for $2000?

Also the steering circe is the worstive seen, i think a magna would be able to do better by a long shot.

Another thing, a check wouldn't of fixed that problem as it was the bracket! Not the alternater itself. But both had to be replaced.

Anyways i'll live and never forget the day. Smile

Fixed the company name

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2005 00:11]

M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Why not to buy a Ford... From PARRAMATTA ROAD Tue, 10 May 2005 17:27 Go to previous message
Be careful guys...

Forums have been shutdown due to court action because of company bashing threads like this (ie OCAU's forums).

They could sue Toymods for defamation (or similar), even if what you have said is correct!!!

Keep the companys name out of the thread.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:28]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:toymods stickers
Next Topic:Performance workshops in Victoria....any??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:33:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049080848693848 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.