Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 14:49 Go to next message

Are there Ghosts[ 66 vote(s) ]
1.Yes, i believe in ghosts and im religious 4 / 6%
2.yes i believe in ghosts but im not religious 31 / 47%
3.No, theres no such thing as ghosts, but i am religious 8 / 12%
4.No, theres no such thing as ghosts, and im not religious 23 / 35%

Ok,

So who here believe's in ghosts, my dad has just told me thisevening that there are ghosts in my house. two people have seen them on seperate occasions.

1. dads mate from way back stayed over the night and felt a cold hand touch him in the middle of his back during the night when he was sleeping, really freaked him out apparently

2. dads girlfriend saw a someone walk around the end of the bed, and thought it was my dad except he was lying next to her

But i dont believe in ghosts and ive been in this house for over 12 months, its a pretty old house at least 50 years old.

i dont believe in god either, so im going to be really annoyed if i see this ghost, as it will force me to re-assess my take on god and religion, and im quite happy not believing thankyou!

or mabye it just has nothing in common with me Smile

Send a private message to this user    
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I see dead people.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
home invasion?

Eldar.O.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 00:48

home invasion?

Eldar.O.

haha unlikley, the other day i locked myself out of the house and i coudlnt get back in even with a full toolkit with screw drivers hammers u name it. (without breaking a window)
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you check your windows while you were locked out?

my mate locked himself out of his house, we got his sliding door open within a few minutes

shit like that's scary Confused

Eldar.O.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

lang wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 00:49

i dont believe in god either, so im going to be really annoyed if i see this ghost, as it will force me to re-assess my take on god and religion, and im quite happy not believing thankyou!

No need to be annoyed 'cos your beleifs are challenged. It's an opportunity to widen your horizons and ponder over the possibilites.

A beleif in God doesn't require you to be religous - it's more a spiritual and very personal belief. Assuming there is a God, then he/she/it/whatever knows of your existence.

Only you can decide if you beleive in Gods existence. The format of that beleif is whatever makes you content and comfortable - even if it's non beleiving.

seeyuzz
river
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What makes you think there ghosts?

You dont have to be religious to read the bible Rolling Eyes
eze18:4,Isa53:17,Job11:20 - when a man dies he's soul dies with im.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 07:33

Hi,

lang wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 00:49

No need to be annoyed 'cos your beleifs are challenged. It's an opportunity to widen your horizons and ponder over the possibilites.

A beleif in God doesn't require you to be religous - it's more a spiritual and very personal belief. Assuming there is a God, then he/she/it/whatever knows of your existence.

Only you can decide if you beleive in Gods existence. The format of that beleif is whatever makes you content and comfortable - even if it's non beleiving.

seeyuzz
river

There you go again River, taking the words out of my mouth! Laughing

Well said old buddy.

And I don't care what people think, I have seen ghosts in my old house... I would have dismissed it if my brother hadn't mentioned it to me a week later. He saw exactly the same thing I did at the same time I did.

Oh, and I certainly don't believe in a specific god either - I am spiritual, but I don't subscribe to any organised religion... Maybe Buddhism but I'm not sure yet! Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if there's ever going to be a religion for me (and at the moment I'm a well entrenched agnostic), it will definitly be along the lines of AE86 slut, unloess jesus appears before me and tells me to read the bible.
Organised religions have WAY too many flaws, and for the most part are quite intolerant of anyone different to them, which tells me of an insecure god, which doesn't make for much of a supreme being.

and I don't believe in ghosts, but in a mate's house no fewer than 3 people have seen a similar looking ghost, 1 of them not having heard the story before she saw it - so I'm willing to allow the possibility.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing i thought people grew out of ghosts just like santa claus, the easter bunny and monsters under the bed. honestly, are there people really this peurile/dilusional around? and as for religion, the only facts ive ever seen of a god existing is in some old book(bible) which just seems like a bunch of ancient bedtime stories to me. Confused seriously religion is so primitive its ridiculous.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86DRFT wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 09:11

Laughing i thought people grew out of ghosts just like santa claus, the easter bunny and monsters under the bed. honestly, are there people really this peurile/dilusional around? and as for religion, the only facts ive ever seen of a god existing is in some old book(bible) which just seems like a bunch of ancient bedtime stories to me. Confused seriously religion is so primitive its ridiculous.

Mate, I know what I saw and it was verified by my brother.

Anyways, I reckon being a closed-minded git is pretty primitive in itself!
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 09:15

Laughing cuckoo!

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2005 23:25]

Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Mon, 09 May 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you'll find that EVERY religion has major flaws inherent to it. I have a useless Arts degree majoring in Philosophy and studied the philosophy of religion and found that it is IMPOSSIBLE to ontologically prove the existence of God.

Of course, that doesn't mean it's all done and finished. There are ways around it and it's up to each person to decide for themselves of they believe or not.

Eddie.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

bubbles wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 07:48

eze18:4,Isa53:17,Job11:20 - when a man dies he's soul dies with im.

Ezekiel 18:4
Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Isaiah 53:17
?

Job 11:20
But the eyes of the wicked shall fail, and they shall not escape, and their hope shall be as the giving up of the ghost.

Doesn't say anything about a mans's soul dying with him in those passages - unless that person is perceived as a sinner (whatever that may entail). I couldn't find the relevant Isaiah passage, so I'll have to do a bit more searching.

seeyuzz
river
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
86DRFT wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 09:16

AE86slut wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 09:15

Laughing cuckoo!

Twisted Evil wanker! Razz Razz
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh my, yes I do believe in spirits.the ones that I see most of the time are black.
the spirit of Johnny Walker, and Bundy Rum. and a visit from Jameson on special occasions.
And NO I don't belive in God.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing hahahaha Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

draven wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 08:47

which tells me of an insecure god, which doesn't make for much of a supreme being.

Perhaps it's more the insecurity of people and their beleifs, rather than those of God. Also, God doesn't have to be a being does it? Can it also not be some all encompassing force or nature or the cosmos/universe as a whole... maybe something else - sorta like "The Force" in Starwars?

I have a problem thinking about some bearded old man holding the universe in his hands and recording our individual sins and making a tally on them. However, if so, he's probably read this topic and saw your post... turns to one of his clerical archangels "Michael, put another black cross on Draven's sin-sheet. Insecure God indeed! I'm gonna kick his mortal gothic ass when he's finished living his sweet short existence!" Smile

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
simple ppl turn to religion when they can't understand science.
Don't believe in ghosts or religion , infact probably one of the most unreligious ppl around.
Anyway heres my thought, was watching a thing on UFO's the other night woot was kinda interesting anyway, they explained ppl's so called anal probing and alien abductions by a certain stage of sleep, the ppl are physically still dreaming but their eyes are open or something and they think what they are dreaming is reality they feel and see evrything in the dream and are unable to seperate it from reality.
Same thing with the ghosts they think they see em at night but they don't really. Others that claim in the daylight its just a coincidence get over it when you die you turn in a rotting mass of flesh recycling the carbon molecules that make up your body and give life to something else.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to believe, and be convinced to believe, but it's much easier to explain religion as merely an opiet of society. People have the need to believe in something to allow them to explain things that are otherwise to difficult to explain via other means.

Religion has a means of giving people hope and a vision towards something better, hence why a lot of people turn to it.

I guess I might be wrong, but it's a fair way of looking at it I think.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've seen wayyyyyyy too much freaky shit not to believe that such things exist. I'm a christian but I don't go to church anymore. I love Jesus and worship in my own way.

BTW draven when you say you're a well entrenched agnostic do you mean agnostic or atheist?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone who watched John Safran versus god, loses all faith in religion one it shows how corrupt it is and the flaws of it. Plus its a good laugh and look at other religions and you really start to understand how hypocritical some religions are.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just recently i've been noticing movements in my mirror in my room at night, like i'll just be on the computer and out of the corner of my eye i'll see something move passed my mirror. but then again i do have a lazy left eye (still sees movement and crap fine though).

also im not religous in anyway and pity those that do beleive in religion and do the whole church thing but i've been giving the topic of the human soul a lot of thought lately and come two 1 of 2 possible conclusions:

first, the human soul is nothing more than the strength of the links between brain cell's (might be neurons or some crap, not sure) that get strengthened the more we remember something. Ie something u dont remember or access all that often has a week link and something u access or remember all the time has a strong link.

the second which i dont beleive is that we have a spiritual soul which is some how related to the 21 grams of weight the body looses through death yet hasnt been explained yet
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread is lame Sad and so is 21 grams of lost body fat Rolling Eyes
how the fuck would they measure it? kill someone while theyre on a digital scale? ffs
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bloody hell, can the mods ban religious discussion, it really pisses me and, im sure, many others, to read arguments about this stuff

be religious if you want, but dont force it on anyone else Rolling Eyes

nb: im not saying that anyone on here is forcing religion on anyone else, just referring to the general population of religious people
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who's forcing what?
Rolling Eyes
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you all know the answer, toymods forums are your life, rodney try and joshstix are your gods in this world Razz ( i havent forgot you either wagonist Smile)

i prefer not to beleive anything, i dont even think about it. when i die, im dead, dont care about afterlife, none of that.

Why?

It makes shit complicated, people spend so much time going to church, praying etc.

that it effects their lifestyle, what they are free to do etc.

if im not allowed to do something, its going to be my decision whether its right or wrong, not someone elses, i couldnt give two shits what other people think.

Eldar.O.
nitephyre
Regular

July 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's religion got to do with seeing ghosts?

i'm not religious, personally think it's hooey (and i was ejamakated in catholic schools for a while :s)

but I have on a couple of occasions seen a ghost, which was also seen by someone else at the same time..

can't explain it, not going to try, but i'm not naive enough to say that weird shit doesn't happen Smile
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big T wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 09:21

it is IMPOSSIBLE to ontologically prove the existence of God.

With most people their belief cannot be proven and is thus faith Smile

Big T wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 09:21

it's up to each person to decide for themselves of they believe or not.

Eddie.

Agreed. Someone else was saying that organised religion is flawed and that people are insecure etc. and can be very intolerant towards other people.
Unfortunately this is true but it depends on the kinds of people you meet. I think it's best to do your research and then decide what YOU believe. Then again there are people who are quite content with not bothering on the subject.
It's all good Smile
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prove you exist says man.

But proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing says god.

Then man proves god exists, god vanishes n a puff of logic.

Oh that was easy says man, proves black is white and gets killed on the next zebra crossing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, fuck you all Razz, go the catholic boy-fiddling priests protected by the church Wink

adelaide ghosts = too much hydro Twisted Evil
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt really believe in ghosts until last year when me n a couple of mates decided to go up to picton tunnel at 2 in the morning in the middle of the week. It wasnt a pleasent night afterall. We walked in the tunnel, (mind you, there was only 3 of us) and as i walked in my body and arms felt like ice, then my friend got literally pushed over, then we ran like the wind and there was all these weird shadows around n shit. It was pretty freaky. I wanna go up again sum time with a cam corder n get sum footage.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have conflicting views. I believe everything can be explained with data. But with that said Ghosts are obviously something that we cant explain. But are ghosts real?

Before the discovery of the electromagnetic spectrum we as humans defined real as.. what we can touch, see, hear, smell, taste but since then what we sense with those 5 human sensary organs is in actual fact less than 1-Millionth of reality.

It just goes back to the arguement of what happens with the soul after your body dies.. its widely believed ghosts are infact the souls of the dead roaming around. And that sounds plausable for now I guess, that is until its proven or disproven. Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh good'ol picton tunnels. never been there personally but have heard sooooooooooo many stories.

and whoever mentioned 21 grams, its bullshit. the guy who conducted the study in 1907 had SIX test patients, all of which were terminally ill. out of the six patients, only one lost weight at death. so out of a huuuuge sample group of 6, he chose the one study that supported his theory, and from that spawned a myth. people who actually beleive it are more screwed in the head than the people that believe they can molest alterboys and god will be cool with it cause theyre catholic Rolling Eyes
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 20:07

Before the discovery of the electromagnetic spectrum we as humans defined real as.. what we can touch, see, hear, smell, taste but since then what we sense with those 5 human sensary organs is in actual fact less than 1-Millionth of reality.

someones been listening to incubus Cool
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm very interesting subject...ill give my 2c on religion,I believe at the heart of most of the core religions whether muslim,jew,christian etc it is a good theory and way of life,I think where most went wrong is man's 2000 plus years of interpretation and manipulation. I find it sad that it takes so much study to really get to the bottom of so called gospel and even then after reading it word for word leaves so much too interpretation..anyways i once heard a saying, Why would you want to be part of a religion that will not accept the people of different faith that have done nothing but dedicate their lives selflessly to making the lives of others better..

As for ghosts,I never really believed in them or religion untill hanging with a group of chicks at school that were into the weeji/quija board(spelling)And I will say with all credibility that that shit is real!!! I on numerous occasions saw stuff move, lights go apeshit and it spell out the most freekiest shit,the glass fly accross the table, you name it,all whith only 2 other chicks and me to make it impossible for anyone to be pulling a shifty..Its by far the most freeky shit I have ever seen.The best thing I did get out of it however is the sense of knowing...I dont know which if any religion is right but after those experiences I definately know there is somthing after this life...

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh you can do anything if your catholic and get away way with it repent your sins and its all good cough bullshit cough. Hmmm go the mob bosses when they retire (if they live that long) give a huge donation to the catholic church and all is good.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stupid ghost keeps pressing the mute button on my tv Rolling Eyes
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big T has the right of it - it's called "faith" and not "fact" for a reason, because it is unproven (and, if you believe Kant, unprovable).

I'd also suggest the topic stay on ghosts and not move to religion, as inevitably someone can't hold a civilised argument, and call certain religions bullshit, and it escalates and soeone ends up crying (or on probation, either way).

Indi: I meant agnostic.
River: That's what I mean - I could never go for the God as portrayed by man in the bible (hence the bible being inherently flawed, biased by the zeitgeist, etc etc), if I lean toward any current organised religion it's buddhism.. but more likely I'd go for your sort of philosophy, that God is not as portrayed by any single man-made book, but either completely different, or some sort of conglomeration of them all. I cannot conceive of a God that would condemn otherwise angelic people to hell just because they don't read a certain book, or follow the rules of a certain minority of people. Any God I would believe in puts the goodness of a person first, and that is the way I try and model my life.

AND there I go off on a religious spiel, after saying it's against the rules Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Well then, getting back to ghosts.... what's this about the Picton Tunnel? Sounds creepy. I wonder if Puzzleman will organise a cruise out there so we can check it out at night?

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
err River i don't think a Cruise would be the greatest idea, one the runs are on in Appin pretty mcuh every Friday and Saturday night two, its a very seedy place in the tunnels and ppl take their cars down their too. Their is usually a large Police presence in the area to disband ppl from going to the Tunnels. A group of my friends went out there to check it out, started to drive down and got caught by the cops, they pleaded ignorance saying they just wondered what was going on and got let off.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seen em - felt their presences , been bothered by them - yup - something ghostly exists for sure ..

scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ghosts. yeah they around for sure. specially at my place
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

nuff said.

Eldar.O.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Tue, 10 May 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you for real ?

Classique71 wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 20:54

seen em - felt their presences , been bothered by them - yup - something ghostly exists for sure ..

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep - im for real ..

all of the above mentioned yups ive seen or felt at least once in my life

have seen everything from apparitions , to the spooky chill factors , to beds being shaken violently at night , havent yet seen the walking dead - but ill add that to the resume when it happens
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah 'ghosts' are around. Dunno whether they are a spiritual manifestation or something else. Like most 'spooky' stuff that spans different belief systems, there is no doubt an element of truth to the 'myth'.

Been hassled by ghosts and I probably will be again.

So typical that responses to ghosts are framed in the Judeo/Chritian beliefs by the majority who replied to this post.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2005 03:01]

Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so ill assume you guys think that what you see is real? (forgive me i havent done philosophy in a while)
what if nothing you see is real?
what if you are the only inhabitant of existence? that would make you god. also you would be in control of the dream that you call reality. this would explain the verification of the existence of ghosts. you manipulate the enitities in your dream to support your beliefs.

also theres no need to prove god exists. 4 scenarios exist to logically show why you should believe. (contradiction - i dont actually believe)
1. You believe and God doesnt exist - no harm
2. You believe and God exists - he'll be happy
3. You dont believe and God doesnt exist - no harm
4. You dont believe and God exists - he'll be pissed

basically if you believe theres possibility for reward, but if you dont believe theres only possibilties for damnation.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've seen ghosts when im awake and in my dreams. not a good thing... Sad
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img53.echo.cx/img53/9913/threadgaydisturbing6de.jpg

i cannot beleive you people are serious No No No Freak Neutral
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr_Love wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 12:59

so ill assume you guys think that what you see is real? (forgive me i havent done philosophy in a while)
what if nothing you see is real?
what if you are the only inhabitant of existence? that would make you god. also you would be in control of the dream that you call reality. this would explain the verification of the existence of ghosts. you manipulate the enitities in your dream to support your beliefs.

existentialism, am i correct? Razz

although it could also be seen as the matrix Laughing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 19:22

I didnt really believe in ghosts until last year when me n a couple of mates decided to go up to picton tunnel at 2 in the morning in the middle of the week. It wasnt a pleasent night afterall. We walked in the tunnel, (mind you, there was only 3 of us) and as i walked in my body and arms felt like ice, then my friend got literally pushed over, then we ran like the wind and there was all these weird shadows around n shit. It was pretty freaky. I wanna go up again sum time with a cam corder n get sum footage.

Oh don't get me started on the Picton Tunnel area...

Someone I know swears he got hit by a flying witches hat or some shit...

M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely belive.
Haven't seen them for a while but have been feeling them lately.
And still one in the house i grew up in,she still the parents know she is there occasionally.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Someone I know swears he got hit by a flying witches hat or some shit...
puts on witches hat and robe...hahaha

back in my jnr days in NZ me and my mate were waiting for mum to pick us up from rugby training it was proberly 630pm and near the footy ground is a cemetary and we both saw a group of misty whiteish look ppl over a tombstone...scary shit..we were watchin it the whole time and then it just vanished
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had lots of bad experiences at my aunty's house.
The old owner of the house practise wichcraft and was posseded.

What would your reaction be if you wake because someone's knocking on your door, you get up, open the door and there's no one there, your looking out(this is a farm) and you see a BROOMSTICK chasing chicken's.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 19:34

What would your reaction be if you wake because someone's knocking on your door, you get up, open the door and there's no one there, your looking out(this is a farm) and you see a BROOMSTICK chasing chicken's.

i would go back to bed and try to wake up properly Razz

and i would also stop eating those funny coloured mushrooms that grow in the cow's shit for dessert Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2005 09:48]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 20:43

meh you can do anything if your catholic and get away way with it repent your sins and its all good cough bullshit cough. Hmmm go the mob bosses when they retire (if they live that long) give a huge donation to the catholic church and all is good.

The point is to be truly sorry though.
It's like that analogy..
Work is meant to be from 11 in the morning to 6.30 at night. One worker starts from 11 and finishes at 6.30 and gets paid his $5. Another worker starts at 2 and another worker starts at 4.30. They all get paid the same $5.
Whether you find God during the beginning of your life or much much later on you will still get the same reward.

I just thought I'd bring up what Corona said because like someone said earlier about religious people misinterpreting and saying things that aren't true that goes for all kinds of people because if you actually do your homework it doesn't say it's all good to just donate to the Catholic church.

I'm not angry or anything and not singling out corona.. just saying Smile <-- see? smile Smiley =

EDIT: Sorry for hijacking the thread and has anyone been to the old winery at Minchinbury? Now that's some scary shit!

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:37]

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what you're saying, is that we should turn to god/religion as late in life as we can, so we get the same 'reward' as those who have devoted their whole life to a lost cause (in my opinion, anyway) Laughing

sorry, couldnt resist Confused

anyway, can we just stop with the religious talk? everyone? it gets really annoying to see people talking crap that is so far from logic its not funny (my opinion again) Sleep
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really dont get people who dont believe this shit,I understand seeing is believing and to be sceptical about stuff but if you have a bit of sack and want to find out for sure find someone with a quija board and see for yourself..I strongly recomend not doing it, as it will change you for life but hey if you want to completly disprove what people are saying compile all the evidence and come to a calculated conclusion..
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Do you believe in GHOSTS? apparently they are in my house Wed, 11 May 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
but i dont wanna change my life in that way! Razz Laughing

anyway, what is this quija board? never heard of it
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:YES
Next Topic:The Last Supper?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:58:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082008838653564 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.