Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 01:48 Go to next message
Hey guys my car is having issues again Sad just wondering what mechanic people go to in newcastle? preferably that works on toyota and could have workin on a st185. Any suggestions would be much appreciated cause im gettin really annoyed with my car being sick Sad Cheers,
Bill
  Send a private message to this user    
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
premier exhaust

9 ferry road sandgate.

49 603911

WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..J.. wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 11:59

premier exhaust

9 ferry road sandgate.

49 603911

Thanx, They do all mechanics not just exhuasts ?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youve got pm.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers toof Very Happy
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes they do all mechanics

and they have experience on your type of car. he used to prep rally cars, hill climb cars and drag cars. they also do mum and dad stuff.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On the subject of good Mechanics, JT Autogas at Cardiff (the place with the INSANE 1j Navara) are good, that's where mine's going for some repairs. Also RX Engineering at Thornton, they have some insane rotars there, but they do other cars aswel, also brilliant at Microtech tuning.
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RX engineering arent really into general servicing which is what i assume he's after.

if it is change of turbos, tuning, ecu's intercooler work than yea RX engineering is another option. dont ring there though, you are best to go up face to face. they are that flat out they dont have time to answer phones and they know if people are serious they will take the time to drive up there.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah just lookin for maintenance from someone who knows the engine so they can pin point what the problem is quickly and fix it no tuning or anythin just yet Very Happy I will give both places a ring and hopefully can have it sorted out soon Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 04:09]

peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh okay, haha sorry, yeah RX arn't exactly a 'drop the camry around and we'll change the oil' type of place.
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ring Troy at Scotts Dyno Tune 49674686, 46 Maitland Rd Islington.
Troy also owns a ST185, so he'll be keen to help. Just tell him you got the info off the Toymods site and that I recommended him.

Cheers,
Neil.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:07]

$800-RA40 Celica
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baseless defamation removed.

There is a good little mechanic shop which are HKS Dealers and very good and know their shit. Hunter Thomas Automotive at Georgetown are awesome.. 49 681362.They don't have dyno, but they are great on service and they will do everything you want.Neil Love ya Ra40, wanna swap?lol

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:11] by Moderator

$800-RA40 Celica
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Tue, 10 May 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
..J.. wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 12:47

yes they do all mechanics

and they have experience on your type of car. he used to prep rally cars, hill climb cars and drag cars. they also do mum and dad stuff.

My brother just bought their rally car,suzuki swift GTi. Very Happy
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Wed, 11 May 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$800-RA40 Celica wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 22:45

Defamation of RX engineering removed. Hunter Thomas Automotive at Georgetown are awesome.. 49 681362.They don't have dyno, but they are great on service and they will do everything you want.Neil Love ya Ra40, wanna swap?lol

i would say they do know there stuff.

as they have many toyota piston engined cars running good power levels and times and they aren't blowing up like some autronic powered JZ series engines in newcastle.

and i would say they charge very well. how does $270 for a full tune performed at 12pm till 3.30 am in the morning a week before qld jambo last september.

jon and justin are top blokes and are easily the best performance work shop in newcastle.

hunter thomas i have heard is good but is not interested in the performance stuff anymore due to the amount of whingers that whine about prices. he prefers mum and dad serviceing and no whingers.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:25] by Moderator

$800-RA40 Celica
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Wed, 11 May 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't get me wrong, RX engineering is good what most people have told me, and I haven't been there myself. But I have heard one really bad story about them.A mate of mind that goes to tafe has a mate which owns a pretty schmick VL Turbo..He went in to get his Head worked and a MSD Ignition system fitted.They cracked the head while machining it,and place old spark plugs when fitting a MSD system in...One week later the head was stuffed..He took the head off and found cracks along it and old spark plugs...He wasn't happy and RX engineering didn't except the blame...Anyway, he found a better machine head for a cheap price..I know the mechanics at Hunter Thomas and never had a problem with them, your right they won't touch performance cars but they will do most shit..Depends what you want..There is also TAG performance at kurri kurri...My mate reckon they are alright...

[Updated on: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:44]

..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Wed, 11 May 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so in other words you havent had any work done by any of these shops. but you feel you have the right to flame them on what you heard 2nd or 3rd hand.

thats really helpful.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Wed, 11 May 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah troy is a champ i always annoy him with shit Razz im gonna c him this weekend c if we can fix it if not at least cancel out some probabilities with a bit of the old trial and error Very Happy
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Thu, 12 May 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RX got my car up to 311rwhp @ 18 PSI before I owned it, I've never heard anything bad about them aside from price (you get what you pay for though).
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Thu, 12 May 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peeack wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 12:07

RX got my car up to 311rwhp @ 18 PSI before I owned it, I've never heard anything bad about them aside from price (you get what you pay for though).

What car u got ?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Thu, 12 May 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
according to his sig, a JZA61 supra
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Thu, 12 May 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good point LOL helps looking doesn't it Razz
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Thu, 12 May 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clown... Rolling
$800-RA40 Celica
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Fri, 13 May 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look below....

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:07]

$800-RA40 Celica
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: Good mechanic in Newcastle Fri, 13 May 2005 14:06 Go to previous message
..J.. wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 09:41

so in other words you havent had any work done by any of these shops. but you feel you have the right to flame them on what you heard 2nd or 3rd hand.

thats really helpful.

I've had work done from Hunter Thomas,(my mates brother works there) but nothing serious,just repairs and pink slips, RX engineering-I had nothing done,I got one mate that got his worked done for a good price. (good old 96 lancer glxi fitted with 4g63) ,he was very happy...

Alright- because I hear things from 2nd and 3rd hand,Mr J, you tell me whats has RX engineering has done for you?
Would I take my car to RX engineering,I wouldn't know,because I'll admit, I know nothing about them..And because I hear stories that could be fact or fiction,I made pointless Assumption..As you said, its 2nd or 3rd hand information...Sorry

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:50]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Shed Space in Brisbane Needed
Next Topic:Importing an AE111
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 18:44:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083529949188232 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.