Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
20V silvertop oxygen sensors Fri, 06 May 2005 07:36 Go to next message
Hey fellas, hoping you can set something straight for me...

I'm trying to get a new oxy sensor, and have been dealing with a mate in a toyota parts, but every different model is bringing up different part numbers, and changing with years as well.

He doesn't want to take a punt on one part no. cause he reckons that'll i'll end up with something unsuitable, but surely toyota wouldn't have had different oxygen sensors for cars with the same engine/ecu etc???

If i just grab one from about the same year there can't be any problems can there?

Can anybody confirm if there really was different oxy sensors for different cars with silvertops? Or is my mate just paranoid? But why the different part numbers?

And before you tell me to go to a wreckers or aftermarket, i've been trying for a while and no-one will sell me one cause they reckon they've got no spares, only in engine packages, and i've got the standard loom and secondary pipe so want to just plug and bolt it in.

Or can anybody with a ~94 manual silvertop just give me their part no.???

Edit: Is there anyway i can confirm/find a part no. going off my engine no.?
  Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Fri, 06 May 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i think ive got a 20v oxy sensor

i can goto sss and compare part numbers to see if its either a 20v or a 4agze but i think the late gxes use the same sensor

anyway 150 and its yours

its got 4 wires
2 black and 2 white
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Sun, 08 May 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah maybe, $150 is a little steep for a used sensor man. I'd want to check my loom first, any chance you could post a photo of the plug? I got no problem rewiring, just figure if the plugs match its a better chance of being compatible.

Also, what's the part no and i'll call my mate at toyota and he can check it for us
lucifer D
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Mon, 09 May 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a bloke at a toyota dealership(in adelaide) who can get this stuff no problems. He is a bit of a guru when it comes to stuff like this. I was going to get a newy off him, then found one. I tell ya, $150 isn't soo bad for a second handy, cause if i can remember correctly a brand spanker was $278, and would be bout 4 weeks from japan!
They run without them i am pretty sure. As long as you dont need to take it to the RTA or anything.
Will run a bit rich, and come up with code 21.
Pretty sure, someone else may clarify this for me.

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Mon, 09 May 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they run ok just abit doughy of the mark

well its jsut goin to stay in my pile of crap till someone wants it

next time im at sss ill go plug it into a 20v harness see if its right one
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Mon, 09 May 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most 4 wire sensors are cross compatible as they are just a narrow band.. as long as the heater signal and ground wires are set up correct (and having correct plug is always nice)

look on ebay for new sensors, i got a whole bunch for $60 landed (both Bosch and NTK)

exxy and not Bosch or NTK but... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&item=7972840799&category=3 3557&sspagename=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&item=7972274261&category=3 3557&sspagename=WDVW

Cya, Stewart
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Mon, 09 May 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stewart,
What would you recommend to replace a standard single wire O2 sensor from a late 80's (86-89) Toyota, typically a Supra, Cressida, Celica engine ?
I have seen that ACA make one that is a direct replacement, but I don't know its cost as yet......
Cheers,
Mitch.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Mon, 09 May 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you wanted to stay single wire, then any of the single wires will fit. the threads are all the same (well nearly all are M18x1.5) and you can get/make a flange if the original one was.

i actually had some of these.. OS506, and also OS508's
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&item=7972839714&category=3 3557&sspagename=WD2V
US$20 + maybe US$10-20 shipping??

i prefer heated sensors...
you could use something like this 3 wire
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=33557&item=7971937140&rd=1
as it still has single wire to ECU, and the other two wires are for the heater (ie one to earth, and one to an ign switched source)

i prefer 4 wires, and i also prefer Bosch or NTK sensors, but have not had any bad reports about the borg warner or the NAPA/Echlin ones either...

if you can land a bosch 4 wire here for $60 or less, i would do that.
Cya, Stewart

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&rd=1&item=7972622120&category=4 6097
4 wire 99c!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i was not leaving i'd buy it Wink
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Mon, 09 May 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Stew, yet another informative and helpful reply mate, much appreciated.
Cheers,
Mitch.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Tue, 10 May 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i've been chasing one on and off for a while, been running without it for, well, a long time. Yes, it's doughy at first, tends to jolt once when you first get back on the throttle unless you really crack it slowly but not sure if that's just to do with over compensating mixtures, and my fuel economy Could be a little better.

The reason i'm chasing down a genuine is cause they're a bolt on flange type, and i've got the standard pipe and loom plug. Would prefer not to have to modify the exhaust to mount an aftermarket one, as most are screw in.

I got on to ACA (i'm pretty sure it was, Automotive Computers something, in Brookvale?) and dug through their catalogue, matched it up perfectly, same flange pcd, same heater resistance, then got told, "sorry, that isn't available yet, there's no listing of it in the system, come back in a few months and we might have it." Actually been back to them twice since in about a year (i tend to chase it, then get the shits and leave it a few months then get keen to get one again) and they've still had no idea about it, or a bunch of others in their catalogue. Probably about time to try them again though...

Sideshow, i was hesitant about the price just cause i could get a new genuine for about $220 and 2 weeks wait, look, if its the right one, pm me and we'll see what we can agree on.

GT
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Tue, 10 May 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ill dig it up and goto sss to see if its the same

if u want it for 100 bucks u can pick it up from sss

if u want to me to mail it then its 150

i dont get much time to get to post office these days

so if u want it cheap means u have to travel out west to pick it up
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Tue, 10 May 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT,

I have been chasing prices on Oxy sensors of late and while I am looking for a generic Toyota single wire jobbie, this is what I found out.

I called ACA in Brookvale as well and they were very helpful except half the people in Perth he said were their agents here are not....however one mob here wants $93 for a ACA OX210 while the other wants $73. Then I priced the equivalent Bosch one and got the cheapest at $188. I also priced up the genuine replacement one from Toyota, ex-Japan, and they want $306, all prices including GST.

Bosch should make a direct replacement unit for your car, so its a matter of hunting down the right part number and buying it, and it should be cheaper than genuine OEM.

Edit: Oh and by the way, sideshow's price for a second hand genuine one is about what I would expect to pay, considering its a four wire sensor, and I know its going to fit my car.

Cheers,
Mitch.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 05:40]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Tue, 10 May 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh.. make a flange (you can buy them from some exhaust shgops for $10) then get a sensor off ebay Wink cheapest bestest etc.. is funny, when i got a whole bunch, no-one was interested in them Razz heh heh
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 20V silvertop oxygen sensors Tue, 10 May 2005 07:45 Go to previous message
Stew,
If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a couple off you.....no worries at all. I'm a complete noob to modding cars and I learn something new about my car and my limited mechanical ability, every day. Rolling Eyes
Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota V8 into MA61 (2.0meg worth of pics)
Next Topic:Best box behind a 4AGZE ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:33:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054922103881836 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.