Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boog
Regular

April 2005
1ggtte power output Thu, 05 May 2005 08:29 Go to next message
hi all, what sort of power output would i be looking at from the 1ggtte with haltek and slight headwork and balencing ????? what are they like for relyability i dont no to much about them .........
  Send a private message to this user    
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1ggtte power output Thu, 05 May 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's toyota so relyability isn't a problem

They can make around 300 hp so i've been told
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Thu, 05 May 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1ggte nismo

with stock turbos u will strugle to make over 180rwkw
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggtte power output Thu, 05 May 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's not bad though, for stock turbos
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Thu, 05 May 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah for sure, i wasnt saying that was a bad thing at all Cool
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Thu, 05 May 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't need headwork or balancing, it's not an old Gemini engine. Razz
andrewvibert
Forums Junkie

Forum Sponsor

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Fri, 06 May 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie , I dont suppose that you have any spare centre caps for the wheels in your avitar.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Fri, 06 May 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry no. Try asking John from ImportBitz.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Fri, 06 May 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I just got a lowly 160rwkw out of mine yesterday, but that wasn't a full power pass, just torque tuning.
boog
Regular

April 2005
Re: 1ggtte power output Fri, 06 May 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cool what about the supercharged type can you get bout the same sort of power ???? i like the thaught of supercharging...
5TYL5H
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1ggtte power output Sat, 07 May 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at what sort of power do u need to start doing internal work.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Sun, 08 May 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seen 300rwkw outta a stock one gee

its all about the tuning!!!!
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Sun, 08 May 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe 200rwkw is the average power output for a worked 1ggze
some body correct me if i'm wrong.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a 1G-GZTE

450hp Twisted Evil
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hypothetical question then ...

if you had a stock 1G-GTE (with non-factory ECU & injectors & FMIC) in a track car (Soarer MZ10) doing short races only (10 laps or less) ... what KW output would you be aiming for in regards to good reliability?

definitions: reliable means pull the engine down at the end of the race-year only for a quick head-refresh and rings and only use one set of spare (factory) turbos for when the zorst turbines suddenly fall off. Turbos are assumed to be gen II.

cheers and tia,
Charles.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the factory turbos and dump pipe, I wouldn't try and push them past about 150rwkw. Yes you can get them to make more power but on a circuit, they don't get a chance to radiate the heat, so turbo life may be the limiting factor. I would hook up some temp sensors and see what sort of a temp you are getting then adjust accordingly.

If you want to go for a more efficient turbo/exhaust set up then the engine should support an easy 200rwkw particularly if you go to the trouble of tidying up the ports and putting sin some more aggresive cams.

Supposedly the inlet manifold starts to choke above about 200-250rwkw. If you want more than that you need to start looking at a complete engine make over anyway.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 13:39

With the factory turbos and dump pipe, I wouldn't try and push them past about 150rwkw. Yes you can get them to make more power but on a circuit, they don't get a chance to radiate the heat, so turbo life may be the limiting factor. I would hook up some temp sensors and see what sort of a temp you are getting then adjust accordingly.

If you want to go for a more efficient turbo/exhaust set up then the engine should support an easy 200rwkw particularly if you go to the trouble of tidying up the ports and putting sin some more aggresive cams.

Supposedly the inlet manifold starts to choke above about 200-250rwkw. If you want more than that you need to start looking at a complete engine make over anyway.

wow!

If I could get a reliable 150rwkw out of my Soarer with it's 1G-GTE and stock turbos, that would be awesome.

Being a daily driver, I wouldn't want to have it at its very limit though Laughing

What boost would you be looking at running for that kind of power?

I know it's all relative and there's a lot of factors that come into play when talking about something like this, but curiosity has got the better of me.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 11:57

What boost would you be looking at running for that kind of power?

I know it's all relative and there's a lot of factors that come into play when talking about something like this, but curiosity has got the better of me.

3" exhaust and 14-15psi if you have a Gen3 1GGTE. That should do it, although you might be a little down if it's an auto. That's with the factory IC too.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's an auto for now...

But manual is coming... Evil or Very Mad

That's nice though. I think it was indian who got 96rwkw on the dyno in his, not sure if he had a different intake and exhaust or not...

For just upping the boost and having a decent sized exhaust, that's pretty good... even getting 140rwkw would be a pretty awesome improvement Smile

ahhhh so many things to do to my car, so little money

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that would be me , although i only got 92 kw but the car is a gen 2 auto plus the car was stock as a rock and the afr was at 12.6 or so for most of the run Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked and even went to 10 for some stages damn , car also had a dirty air cleaner and stuffed thermostat if that makes any difference lolllllllll

my aim was to dyno the car totally stock , then do some mods and dyno again , so i would know what before and after mods kw figures i had

so im going from 92 to something better soon hopefully

safc makes a good improvement apparently

heres what im ging to do to the car soon and then i will see how much i can get , plus a rough estimate of the costs relating to the improvemen in kw

any suggestions

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=68330&start=0&rid=4971&S=97543860130 4cce95ceecd7c3bd6e12b

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2005 04:24]

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should chuck mine on the dyno, once I have a decent intercoorah setup going, and see if I get some "decent" power... Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good indian.

I'm not too fussed about spending money on making my car go faster at the moment, it goes fast enough for my liking as it is.

$600 that I spend on a boost controller would pay for a lot of the parts I need for my manual conversion...

Plus before I start making it faster I'll want to improve handling and stopping power... Cool
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 12:48

$600 that I spend on a boost controller would pay for a lot of the parts I need for my manual conversion...

WTF? What sort of boost controller are you buying?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEHEHEH maybe he just took a guess m

merudo u can get the hyperboost controller from one of the guys here forgot his name somene else here might be able to help u there

200 dollars for it , lots of toymods members swear by it

otherwise u can go the bleed valve

but yeah fill me in on the manual conversion

what needs to be done and how much we looking at to get it done and running (lolllllll)

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm. Maybe it was a price for something else that I saw... I haven't really been researching prices all that much on items such as boost controllers and the like... I just picked something at random. Confused

disregard that then! lol

But my point is still there though, other things will come before trying to make my car faster.

Having said that, it's quite interesting to see there is plenty of room to make the 1GGTE faster. Smile

and yeah, it's celicamad off this forum that was selling the hyperboost controller.

mission accomplished though, i feel like an idiot now Sad
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My gen3 made 149rwkw, manual, standard intercooler and a bleed valve that would of cost maybe $50 new. Thats running at 16psi.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant wait to get mine on a dyno and tuned up Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Show off Wink
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have any of you folks with mostly stock 1ggte engines got any pics of any dyno runs?

am interested to see where in the rev range the power is so i can think smarter about gearing and diff ratios.

(sorry for the post hijack)
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is my dyno run at last dyno day
got 142rwkw, gen2 (i think) computer, gen3 turbo's, 3inch exhaust, fmic, boost at about 13-14psi.
Now im just waiting to tune my safc2 to get rid of that stupid Air Fueld Ratio
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/279/graphsmaller7gu.jpg
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gold28/images/extra s/dyno gen3 16psi.jpg

Sorry I can't help you with rpm on it though. Was running a 3.9 diff with 205/50 16's on the back if that helps.

So Josh, did ya get thoes leaks sorted out. When is the tune booked in for?
5TYL5H
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hijack, but while we are on topic how much would power will i be looking at with GT30, 3inch zaust, hi flow air filter with CAI, water to air cooler, pretty big cams, metal head gasket (not that it makes power), after market puter, and bigger injector (any suggestions IM thinking 7M GTE). also is there anything else that ill need to do with the power it should make?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i do but i dunno how to load it up i can email anyone if they want it , mine was dead stock gen 2 1g-gte and made 92kw

i think the max power was made at about 85km/hr speed thats all i can remember plus my afr was like 10-12 mostly , Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked lollllllllll

ribbo is urs a manual or automatic u will def improve the power once the safc is put in and tuned i cant really see the afrs , do u know how much u were running

and goldie thats some good stuff mate

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:40]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send it this way indian. My e-mail address is in my profile.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 09 May 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers jcmf i dont have it with me at work , will mail it to you 2morow

then all u guys can see what the hell went wrong with the car and all the dramas assocoited with it lolllllll

cheers Cool
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For all the soarer owners of the gz20 series or anyone else who can help , what does the POWER/ECON button on the shifter surround do if none of these are engaged the car runs on norm im assuming its got something to do with the fuel but what exactly does it do , also will fitting an safc affect the working of ther buttons in anyway as they are both fuel related (safc and the pwr/norm buttons)
Im guessing once the safc is put in the buttons wont do anything ,

Any help will be awesome guys
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That button makes the transmission hold the gears longer.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm so what happens in ecnomy mode transmission changes faster is uppose as per to power ode where u can get more revs

so what happnes if the power and o/d off is used , lollllllllll
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It holds the gears longer but all the gears are overdriven.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe , so the best way to get the car to go fast would be power , and o/d off and best of all the safc wont affect it
sweet

so when on a dyno should i use the above proceduere to run it
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ya.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmm iil keep it in mind for the next run

cheers mate

oh and one more thing what the hell is a apexi super ignition timing controller , and how does it work with the safc to make the car run better

i know sfa about both of them
cheers
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It just tweaks things to modify the timing as well as the fuel. By the time you start dicking around with both of them, you should be starting to save for an aftermarket ECU. Sure they're more expensive, but even a shit one has a crapload more resolution than either of those interceptors.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agggh damn it then not too sure what i want to do thats the problem

what about the safc by itself , im just after tryign to get the car running a bit better for the afr as its running like a piggy now plus with the bigger cooler and exhaust it will def run worse , loll
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Mon, 09 May 2005 19:29

So Josh, did ya get thoes leaks sorted out. When is the tune booked in for?

yeah all sorted now, turned out the throttle body wasnt fully closed, just working on making it not so loud today and then ill drive it for 1000km or so to make sure its all happy, then up the boost and go get a dyno tune... it seems to go hard on 8psi, damn i cant wait for 20 Laughing
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So are you getting that stirring feeling in ya loins yet Rolling Eyes or is it just me when I get excited........ Embarassed
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm a loud 1g how loud are we talking here , as i will be doing my exhaust soon and dot want extremely loud noise from it as the cops will fry my arse when they get me it doesnt help either when the car is lowered
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 10:33

hmm a loud 1g how loud are we talking here , as i will be doing my exhaust soon and dot want extremely loud noise from it as the cops will fry my arse when they get me it doesnt help either when the car is lowered

Don't get a cannon like mine, and you should be alright Wink
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool , ive alredy got mine its an oval kinda muffler i dont think the canon will suit the soarer so i didnt get one

cheers
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a cannon on it that i just took off 30min ago and have put on a normal straight thru 3" muffler, its made it alot better even with less area for it to work with Smile
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cannons sound crap imho Razz A single lukey 2.5-3" muffler is plenty enough.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will reassess how mine sounds when it's running on 6 cylinders and is missing the pronounced thump it has Smile Meh, it was a cheap stainless muffler Razz
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i agree, my cannon cost $75 and sounded awesome... just to loud, gay on 4age's but not to bad on turbo cars
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey for those guys who are running a safc in their 1g-gte i just want to know weter the ecu will retard the timing when the afr is decreased and vice versa , or will the timing stay at whatever it is set to

just wondering weter i need the sitc or just the safc itself

as i dont plan to go aftermarket ecu

so should i get the sitc and the safc or just get the safc

cheers
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could be completely wrong, but as far as i know devices like the SAFC intercept the signal sent to the ecu, giving it different information.

So the ECU should automatically adjust timing as required, you just dont have control of that, whereas if you had the SITC you would have control

warning, could be completely wrong, but that's my interpretation of these devices
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The S-AFC will modify the AFM signal, which would mean the engine will think it's under less load than it really is. This will reduce the fuel obviously, but will most likely also increase the timing.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would the Safc Get rid of the fuel cut so i can run 15psi ?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so in otherwords its better to get it

is that what all of u are saying
all i know is the safc modifies the fuel curve , but in doing that if the engines changes the timign accordingly then how can the timing that normal mechanics set be constatnt as in it will change wont it

damn
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 14:31

Would the Safc Get rid of the fuel cut so i can run 15psi ?

Sort of yes. The 1G doesn't have a fuel cut like that, it's where the AFM maxxes out the resolution. You could use the S-AFC to fool the engine into thinking it's not as high. That said, I'd personally suggest the Digital Fuel Adjuster from Jaycar instead, cheaper with much more tuning potential.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
indian wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 14:35

so in otherwords its better to get it

is that what all of u are saying
all i know is the safc modifies the fuel curve , but in doing that if the engines changes the timign accordingly then how can the timing that normal mechanics set be constatnt as in it will change wont it

The engine modifies fuel and ignition based on all the sensors. The AFM measures the air coming in and therefore load. The S-AFC reduces the voltage coming from the AFM, thus making it think it's not under as much load, thus reducing the fuel it injects and increasing the timing.

The timing that a mechanic would change is just the base timing, then the computer modifies it from there.
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GGTE Runnin like a povo V8 ?
Next Topic:turbo bags
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 18:17:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088069438934326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.