Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fat exa
Occasional Poster

April 2005
WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Tue, 10 May 2005 00:32 Go to next message
hey people im looking for a 7k for a conversion to my ke35 im unsure on all that i need but i no the engine is a start
the conversion is for my dad so ill let ya no what else he needs later date thanks macca
  Send a private message to this user    
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Tue, 10 May 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you know exactly what car the 7K came out of?
cause that wood be a start.

oh and also move this to parts wanted section before its locked.

cheers scott
fat exa
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Tue, 10 May 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEAH THE 7K CAME OUT OF THE HIACE AND I WOULD MOVE IT BUT I DONT NO HOW AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS IN THE WANTED PART
"IM BAD"
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Tue, 10 May 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I CANT HERE YOU WHATS THAT Confused

Ok, the 7K came in the Townace. It stoped being made in the late 2000's ? something like that. They still fetch a good price, as they are a new K motor, and living upto the standards of that family... they are frekin strong.

They are usually an EFI setup, but i have herd of them being Carby's too... maybe the earlier ones?

ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Tue, 10 May 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hear they are also pretty rare to. any idea how much they would cost ? would it line up to a ke30 without to much hasle?
cheers
Lloyd
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Tue, 10 May 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Next time you notice you've posted in the wrong section, hit the "Report To Moderator" button so it brings it to the mods attention.
That way, we'll move the thread for you instead of deleting it like we'd normally do.

Moving now...
fat exa
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Tue, 10 May 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah so far from my research they are a very strong motor and would make my rolla go much quickier stock than a 5k
and my 4k gearbox should bolt up with out any hassles ive found a few engines so far but still looking around at a few other conversions that involve simular work(such and wirin computers ect) has been brought to my attention the a 1g-gte is just about the same amount of work but much quickier is this true thanks macca
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Wed, 11 May 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7K has potential but has a looong stroke.
they were only released here for a few years, but they will only get more common as time goes by.
for speed, 4AG will still be better, as the 7K still has similar port size to the 1200cc motors (as does the 5K too).
but 5K has small stroke (73 vs bore of 80.5)..

i say do it ant to hell with everyone else Wink
fat exa
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Thu, 12 May 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks dude all this stuff helps me there has been abit of interest into a 1g-gte does anyone have any idea on if there nees to be much chooping or what ever into a conversion like this as the engine size seems much bigger
aeke
Regular

July 2003
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Thu, 12 May 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was looking last year in Adelaide for a 7K and people wanted over $2000 for a motor. I think every thing would bolt up and you could just use a carby?
fat exa
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: WTB- 7k for conversion in a ke35 Thu, 12 May 2005 03:58 Go to previous message
yeah my dads friend has with the 5k in his ke30 he said if ya carbied it would be pritty much a bolt in straight up to the gearbox i already have ect
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1990 Celica Coupe RightHand Rear Tail-Light
Next Topic:MA61 Plastic Side Stripes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 18:57:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052220821380615 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.