Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ashsupra
Occasional Poster

May 2005
1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 03:45 Go to next message
I am looking at getting an aftermarket ecu for my 1JZGTE, can anyone recommend what make/model/supplier/price to get or what to avoid.
At this stage I am thinking Microtech LT12S, Apexi Power FC or Wolf 3D Version 4.
All opinions/advice welcomed.
Thanks Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it is a twin turbo 1J then any of those will run it just fine. With the Apexi it needs to be a manual equipped car (I am not 100% sure if the Wolf or Microtech will control Auto).

Another one for consideration is the Trust Emanage (this is a plug and play and it will run the auto if need be).
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no aftermarket ecu will controil the auto except for a motec
and expect to pay big bucks for it

or u can run a 7mgte auto ecu on it
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sideshow - I was led to believe that the Trust emanage would control the auto. Is this information incorrect?
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to sure

i heard something bout the new apexi self learning but that might have been for an mr2 with traction control

even if it does control it
it takes abit of fiddling round gettin an auto to change properly with an aftermarket ecu

u can get ecus that are just for auto but
tuning them is a pain
u have speed tps revs and line pressure
so it might take longer to tune an auto ecu than it does an engine ecu

ashsupra
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do have an auto, but I don't care about the shifting problems', I have a B&M quickshift kit and shift manually anyway.

I do have a problem with some of the prices I'm getting. The aftermarket ecu's aren't too bad (around $1500), but then add on the wiring costs & dyno tuning (plus $1500) and it totally blows the budget.

Any other suggestions/help ?
How hard is it to wire up a Microtech (or similar) ?

..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ltx12s should cost you around 1200 to 1450 depending on whether you go 2 or 3 bar map sensor option

wiring should cost $500 no more

and tuning should cost you max $450.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiring up my microtech was a piece of piss, assuming you have basic electronics skills... save yourself the money. dyno tuning, you're looking at probably $500 max as stated, so you should be able to get out of it for under $2k.
ashsupra
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do toy think of the Microtech LT12S and Hand Controller for $1500 ?
I reckon if the instructions & wiring diagrams are pretty good, I could wire it up like you said and just get it dyno tuned.
If I could have the whole job done for under $2k then we may be back in business.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont get the hand controller.
Get the laptop cable and use a laptop.

Handcontrollers are shit.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a wold 3d v4 on my single turbo 1jz, auto gearbox. Car should be running by next week.

I got it installed professionally but I an tuning it myself with my WB02 kit.

I don't know about a $500 tune. My mate just got his 7m with wolf 3d tuned and cost $1000. It takes a while and these places aren't cheap.

Will have more info. in the coming weeks.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the car is 100% ready, and wired perfectly, it should take about 3-5hrs on a dyno @ 90-110$ an hr.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cruz is right
but for taht price you can expect your colt start to be pretty ordinary. that takes ages to get right ('cause you only get a few goes at it per day)
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got a 1JZ and a Wold 4+ sitting here that I intend to have going in the near future - I'll comment when it's going!
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought emanage would control the auto because it doesnt.
its a piggyback,a sensor bender.used with a stock auto ecu.
or am i on drugs again Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Wed, 11 May 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manmx83 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 02:20

i thought emanage would control the auto because it doesnt.
its a piggyback,a sensor bender.used with a stock auto ecu.
or am i on drugs again Razz

Don't think so mate Razz

I agree.
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Thu, 12 May 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your auto is electronic. ie try shifting gears half way through powering on (keeping the throttle flat) and shift gears... your box won't listen.
the emanage is a piggyback on your standard ecu ie your standard comp is still controling your auto...

you have 2 options asuming your keeping your box.
OPTION 1. run an EMS Stinger as an interceptor/controler, leaving your stock computer inplace monitering rpm and speed to still controll your box...
pros... cheap and easy
cons... FKN Speed cut!!!!! (SPEED CUT DEFENDER WITH AUTO WILL POSE PROBLEMS GOING DOWN THE 1/4 IF YOU HAVE BIG DIFF GEARS OR GOING FASTER THAT 11'S)

OPTION 2. This is the route i have taken! get yourselt an auto control box for your auto (M.V. Automatics) then run any computer you like. Wolf, Haltech ect. (as far as bang for buck i personally i like the Haltech E6X as for the rest up 2 you really...
Silver_r33
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Thu, 12 May 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its the single turbo 1jz with auto then the Power FC will control it perfectly and allow you to change the shift points too. A little less hassle in setup cause there is a base map already with cold start and everything just about sorted.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Thu, 12 May 2005 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you running your Automatic single turbo 1JZ with Power FC?
Silver_r33
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Thu, 12 May 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Si. Smile
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Fri, 13 May 2005 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I will be running an EMS stinger very soon so I will let you know how that one goes too.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 1JZGTE Aftermarket ECU Fri, 13 May 2005 23:37 Go to previous message
my mates 1jz soarer runs a unichip piggyback and is an auto works quite nicley too
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rear suspension mounts problem - ke20
Next Topic:Corona Gearbox problems
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:09:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064170360565186 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.