Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1ggtte power output

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah was thinking about the jaycar gadgetry as well

dunno what to do now Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

fark
  Send a private message to this user    
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh, in the end fuel changing interceptors only do so much. They are still limited because of the nature of most factory ECU's. Best bet is to spend the extra money on an aftermarket ECU imho!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Jaycar one shits on an S-AFC in terms of tuning resolution if you aren't afraid of having to build it and set it up.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the best one for the 1g engine then , and one that easy to tune too lolllll ,

anyone also know how much they cost to buy and to tune as well

cheers
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 16:42

The Jaycar one shits on an S-AFC in terms of tuning resolution if you aren't afraid of having to build it and set it up.

yeah but who the hell can tune the jaycar kit Confused Confused Confused
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im only after aropund 150kw ive got the big intercooler and 3 inch exhaust to go in the car soon plus a celicamad boost controller

so what u think i should do go aftermarket ecu or get a jaycar/safc fuel interceptor

car is a daily driver too btw

cheers

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2005 06:55]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 14:48

justcallmefrank wrote on Tue, 10 May 2005 16:42

yeah but who the hell can tune the jaycar kit Confused Confused Confused

It's not rocket science. All it is is doing the same thing, only there are way more points.
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the dyno graph from my stock 1GGTE... stock boost, stock cooler, stock exhaust, factory manual:

http://www.rollamods.com/dynoday/001.gif
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 10 May 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my dear lord 128kw wtf is it a gen 4
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, the car wasn't totally stock now I think about it...

It had a K&N pod filter sucking hot air from the engine bay.

Apart from that, all I did to it was change the plugs and oil, then set the timing to 11 degree's base timing. When the car turned up from japan it was set to 5 degree's base and was a total slug to drive off boost. Even at the correct timing it wasn't that great so I ripped it out and installed a 1J.
http://www.rollamods.com/gx81/index.htm
http://www.rollamods.com/gallery/gxjx/index.htm
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 08:40

my dear lord 128kw wtf is it a gen 4

remember, it's a manual too... our soarers are auto at the moment.

"at the moment" tee hee hee Evil or Very Mad
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but still how can manual get around 30kw more maybe 10-15 is more like what it should be
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Imho 128kw seems almost correct for a stocker!
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shitee damn even more reason to convert to manual

so whats the go with the jaycar fuel adjuster anyone have any good results on it , someone was trying it out here not long ago wasnt it
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have installed it and touched the idle mixture a bit - it does what it says and does it well. I have not had the time or money to go on a dyno yet and i wanna install a better intercooler before doing that anyway.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so in other words get jaycar dfa as opposed to getting an safc
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gen2 made 111rwkw so it ain't a big streatch to say a gen3 would do 128.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't forget, the APEXi SAFC sticker is is good for at least 50kW, whereas a Jaycar DFA sticker probably ain't gonna get you much at all. Razz
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOLLLL

how much difference in tuning points are we talking about
so any normal mechanic with a dyno should be able to tune this thing u say
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Isn't it like 8 bands on the S-AFC and 128 points on the DFA?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE , THAST WILL TAKE AGES TO TUNE , LOLLLLLLLLL

And guys what about the timing issue with the dfa or apexi as a matter of fact , suppose is set the timing to 12 or 15 deg will it still stay the same if I tune the car for the fuel or will it change (bring the timing back to stock) when the ecu detects the afr have changed due to the dfa/safc adjusting it
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're tuning the load signal into the engine. Therefore the ECU will adjust both fuel and timing, although fuel moreso.

Yeah it could take longer, but it'll be a lot better.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So that means there no use in changing the timing cause it will be changed by the ecu when the afr is adjusted using the dfa/safc, right

Cause I was told to adjust the timing to about 12 deg(something about putting a pin the te1 terminal or something , when the car is idling ) or more for the car to be a bit more lively off boost as well as on boost im not very sure about it as I don’t know much about timing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, that is the base timing. The ECU makes all the changes it does relative to that.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so whats the base timign used for and what would happen if it was set to 12 or 15 at idle as i mentioned before will it make the car go better off boost or something , lolllll

not too sure about timing mate thanks for the help so far much appreciated
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's just the base timing figure. The ECU modifies the timing around this base. So for instance, if the factory decides to add 5 degrees to the timing, at 12 degrees this will be 17 as opposed to 15 for a setting of base 10?
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is there any point in modifying the factory base timing ???
obviously the cars going to idle faster any other bonuses
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lolll , never mind just realised after post , that if the base timing is modified the ecu wil,have a higher base timing to play around with and modify when needed , therefore giving a bit more power I suppose
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct, you just answered your own question Razz
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers dude thanks for the help so far its been awsome

its only with people like you that people like me will learn hehehehe Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I don't mind so long as there is a methodical approach to things and people ask constructive questions. There is still a lot to know, and I had to ask a lot of questions to get where I am now.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very true my friend i came from not know anything about cars to know as much as i do now and its all through the car forums and friends plus my old car the nissan exa turbo was my guinea pig which taught me all about turbos and bovs to how to change the engine oil and everything i know about cars today
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gen 3 made 125 dead stock except exhaust.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and that was a hot summer day too..
so different dyno cooler weather.. skinnier dyno operator.
more tread on the tyres and the alignment of the moons should make it conceivable to make 128.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god damn another 120 plus , must be a manual

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My last engine made 164rwkw. Shocked
3" exhaust, chipped ecu and a set of Blitz ct12's on 13psi.

Hanging out to get my new one on the dyno and see what a fresher engine will push out. Very Happy

Cheers,
Kirk
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KiRK wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 16:19

My last engine made 164rwkw. Shocked
3" exhaust, chipped ecu and a set of Blitz ct12's on 13psi.

Damn you, you make me want to strap my car down on a dyno to check out these Blitz babies.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best $400 I ever spent Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it your engine is a Gen3?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gen 3 from a GA70... manual too Rolling Eyes
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, we'll see what they do on a Gen2 1GGTE now Razz
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They'll help JCMF... highflowed and reinforced has got to add upto something.

I don't think they were initialy made for the gen 3's as we had to slot the holes to get them to line up with the intakes. Sad

But the sure do go well Wink

Cheers,
Kirk
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had to modify both my intake pipes with wider holes to get it all to fit up - it was easy with a dremel Wink
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I'm guessing the Blitz CT12's were made for a gen 1 then? Didn't think they were that old.

Cheers,
Kirk
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Wed, 11 May 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HOW DO U CHIP THE STOCK ECU sounds interesting
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1ggtte power output Thu, 12 May 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's actually a Mines ecu... which are reprogrammed to allow more boost, higher fuel cut, no speed limiter and altered redlines from what I've read.

I got it of ebay for $450 Wink
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 16 May 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian,

After looking at this, I'd seriously be checking your fuel pressure regulator and or making sure your injectors aren't leaking. That is some nasty AFR's. I know 1G's run rich on boost, but not *that* rich.

http://img97.echo.cx/img97/545/indian9zj.th.jpg
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 16 May 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHAT DID I TELL YOU , THAT THING IS FARKED all the way to 10 and gets even worse but the dyno couldnt read below 10 lolllll

do u think that the afm could have been tampered with before

and whats the other white sheet i emailed us as well, didnt know what that was for but it had the afr and speed and boost on it as well
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 16 May 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img229.echo.cx/img229/2912/indian8ir.th.gif

That's the other chart, but it just looks like the first. It shouldn't be too hard to get hold of another AFM to try. Just make friends with another GZ20 owner, or pick one up, they often go for SFA, I had one lined up for $20.

It'd still be checking the injectors and FPR though.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 16 May 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do I check for fpr and leaky injectors , I assume it would be a mechanic job hmmmm another afm now I have to try that out

Do u reckon that’s why the car wasn’t putting out more power bugger I get around 350-400k per full tank
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 16 May 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leaky injectors you take to EFI place and have them cleaned and checked. You can remove and replace them yourself, not hard, just a bit of a PITA.

FPR is easy to check, if you have the right equipment. Probably easiest to have a mechanic do it unless you want to buy a gauge with the right fittings.

As for the AFM, that should be a piece of cake for you to do Razz

As for the fuel economy, it doesn't look THAT flash, mate got 550km out of his last tank, but I guess it also will depend on how you drive it. He doesn't cane it everywhere.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 16 May 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK looks like i have to do that soon

cheers
BLK1GGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 16 May 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't wait to strap mine to the dyno...see what these blitz are worth.... I am also getting that blitz piggy back so will se how it goes....for now i have some error coded on the prick and its boost cutting at 11 psi....something about bad earth on the alternator, and water thermos not reading...have to look into it when i can be stuffed..
Indian i just picked up another AFM...so if u want to try it give me a bell...

PS: Anyone know anything about these Blitz MFCS...Just curious..
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: 1ggtte power output Mon, 16 May 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey boyan where u been matey yeah the spare afm will help me heaps mate , i looked into my afm yesterday and looks like someone has tampered with it as its been sealed back with some sort of glue Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked hmmmm

and to make matters worse my alarm is playign up so i need to sort that out the car wont stsrt cause the immobiliser in engaged damn

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:42]

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 17 May 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't suppose I could upset you guys and say 200rwkw + out of my 1g could I?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 17 May 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, on the contrary, the more big number 1G's the better.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 17 May 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope 200 is just fine Smile
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 17 May 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, if anything that just encourages me to do some stuff to my car Smile
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 17 May 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I'll post you up the dyno chart when I get it.

Should hypothetically be around 220rwkw, possibly more.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1ggtte power output Tue, 17 May 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hehe, gives me a goal. Only difference being I'm going to try and get as close as possible using the equipment I have.
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GGTE Runnin like a povo V8 ?
Next Topic:turbo bags
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:09:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085091590881348 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.