Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Help with power steering. I'm noob.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
adslr76g
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Help with power steering. I'm noob. Wed, 11 May 2005 12:03 Go to next message
Hi all,

I drive a seca. And my steering wheel shakes unaturally on highway when I turn it alittle. Or when I drive on gravel I can really feel the shakes. Can someone point out the problem for me. And maybe how much it would cost to fix. I don't know much about cars, but heard something about a bush. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Help with power steering. I'm noob. Wed, 11 May 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most of the USA has heard something about a "Bush" - he likes to start wars he ends up losing and sign loaded 'free' trade agreements that are heavily biased towards the 'Land of the Free, Home of the Brave". And his homeland privacy and freedom policy is just to die for !!!!

Seriously, start with the simple solutions first, and if all else fails, then look at your power steering.

Get your wheels aligned and balanced as the problem sounds like a wheel out of balance, maybe you have bumped a kerb or lost a wheel weight somewhere in your travels.

The you may have a broken power steering rack mount or an isolation bush but lets check the most likely reasons first...
adslr76g
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Help with power steering. I'm noob. Wed, 11 May 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply,

6months ago, I've had 2 front tyres replaced and the wheels aligned at a garage. And the steering problem was there before and after.

It didn't matter much before cause I only take to work and short distant travels. But lately I've been taking it to fishing trips. And only when travelling on high speed that you can really feel the shakes. And its scaring the passengers. lolz

Considering that its one of the 'broken power steering rack mount or an isolation bush'. Would you roughly know how much new/second hand parts cost, and would it be a pain to replace?
I would like to get my hands into it, but if its too much trouble I'll just drop it at some mechanic.

Thanks again.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Help with power steering. I'm noob. Wed, 11 May 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adslr76g wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 21:28

Thanks for the reply,

6months ago, I've had 2 front tyres replaced and the wheels aligned at a garage. And the steering problem was there before and after.

It didn't matter much before cause I only take to work and short distant travels. But lately I've been taking it to fishing trips. And only when travelling on high speed that you can really feel the shakes. And its scaring the passengers. lolz

Considering that its one of the 'broken power steering rack mount or an isolation bush'. Would you roughly know how much new/second hand parts cost, and would it be a pain to replace?
I would like to get my hands into it, but if its too much trouble I'll just drop it at some mechanic.

Thanks again.

find someone wrecking a model of your car and you could probably pick the bits for 50-100 dollars.

but of course, something could just be loose and need tightening, which would explain the shakiness while its wiggling about loose.

go over your steering system (linkages etc.) and just see if anything looks loose or worn, then either tighen or replace the bits that look buggered.

also, just look at your bushes, see if they look old/brittle/fucked, also, it may be a loose wheel, suspension component, but just start from the simple stuff.

good luck!

Eldar.O.
adslr76g
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Help with power steering. I'm noob. Thu, 12 May 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks alot
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Help with power steering. I'm noob. Thu, 12 May 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 22:51

Most of the USA has heard something about a "Bush" - he likes to start wars he ends up losing and sign loaded 'free' trade agreements that are heavily biased towards the 'Land of the Free, Home of the Brave". And his homeland privacy and freedom policy is just to die for !!!!

They changed their old cracked bush... The place is still as fucked as it was with the last one though.
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Help with power steering. I'm noob. Thu, 12 May 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buckled rim?
adslr76g
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Help with power steering. I'm noob. Sun, 15 May 2005 19:36 Go to previous message
Rims looks alittle chipped here and there, but its not too bad. Steering shakes more when tilt to the left at high speed. And when the car stops, I can feel the cranks as I turns it back and forwards quickly.
I haven't had the time to look at it yet. But hopefully its repairable. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:most annoying aw11 problem (wont start)
Next Topic:Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:18:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044310092926025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.