Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » KE Corolla dedicated thread.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 30 April 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep away from the red KE70, 4AGE and from what i hear goes quite well
  Send a private message to this user    
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 30 April 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ive been told its a 20v as well ran a 15 down the 1/4 mile. nik car is not going now i think number 3 piston hit valve but ill look into it a bit more later im a bit pissed off like it runs but rattly on number 3
Josho
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 30 April 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goonman86 wrote on Sat, 30 April 2005 22:07

yeah ive been told its a 20v as well ran a 15 down the 1/4 mile. nik car is not going now i think number 3 piston hit valve but ill look into it a bit more later im a bit pissed off like it runs but rattly on number 3

4A-GE 20v eh? nasty.

Is this the new engine playing up dude? You're note having much luck lately hey.
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 30 April 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know the feeling About car now working well, The rolla is playing up and i cant find the problem. Mine is missing randomly bad, Im thinking its a injector but i dont want it to be
Crying or Very Sad
But the new ECU and coils are going in next week shold make it easier to find the fault.
And the Pulsar needs me to pull out the gearbox to fix it.

How did the valve hit the piston?
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 01 May 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
update..... 4 ex valves hit 4 pistons. the fuking wankers at nbc who did the pistons dident do the fly cuting right they where off center so now im pissed off. nik i got spare injectors 4 of them if you need any
nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 01 May 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guyz my rolla is now becoming a daily and want to stay k series engine, it currently has a 3k in it, wonderin what to do for power increase cheap, putin a 4k what ever, cam and so forth are ok, but dont know
nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 01 May 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or if ne1 is selling a worked 4k or 5k engine, ill be interested but if not, what should i do ^^^
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 01 May 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2tg maybe. or u could just get a 5k and do cam carb and stuff like that.
nathos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 01 May 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about a 4k with a 3k head, extractors and exhaust 2",dont know what sort of webber, and then maybe cam and port the head a bit,
but what i dont know is whats the difference in power if i did these sort of mods to the 3k?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 02 May 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys i have got some ke20/25 parts which i need to get rid of, If you need anything check out the link in my signature.
Cheers
Michael
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 02 May 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys i have heard from a few different people that the k series small port was beter than the large port. so would someone like to clear this up with me.
cheers, lloyd
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 03 May 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Advice needed:
How to setup up a hyraulic clutch in ke20/25/30/35? I have my ke25 with my 4age going in with the jap spec t50 so the clutch slave is on the drivers side.
Does anyone have any diagrams how they set it up? Or can guide me in the right direction?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers
MIchael
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 03 May 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you need to know?

You mount the clutch master to the firewall. Modify the clutch pedal so the rod pushes into the master cyl when the clutch is pressed. Run a line from the master cyl to the slave cyl. Mount the slave cyl so it pushes the clutch in.

I'll try to take a pic of the pedal box from my KE30 that has already been modded to suit hydraulic clutch. Probably wont be till the weekend though.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 03 May 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
excuse my ignorance but whatt is the line from master to slave for?

Thanks
matho
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Tue, 03 May 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am also interested in this Megz.
I am about to convert my KE55 from Auto to manual. It has a 4AGE in it also. I know I have to set up a clutch pedal, master and slave with the T-50 box. I still have many questions though.
An auto bell housing is going to be quite different to a T-50 bellhousing right?
I am guessing I will have to modify my driveline too (which would suck)?!

cheers for any info.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 09:23

Thanks

The pressure has got to get there somehow! its like a brake line. There is fluid in it!

http://img210.echo.cx/img210/7308/clutchmaster5ph.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2005 01:07]

muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matho wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 09:31

I am also interested in this Megz.
I am about to convert my KE55 from Auto to manual. It has a 4AGE in it also. I know I have to set up a clutch pedal, master and slave with the T-50 box. I still have many questions though.
An auto bell housing is going to be quite different to a T-50 bellhousing right?
I am guessing I will have to modify my driveline too (which would suck)?!

cheers for any info.

You will need a manual tailshaft. You will need a manual pedal box. There should already be the holes on the firewall to mount the clutch master cyl. You will see 2 studs to the right of your booster. You have to slightly modify the clutch pedal like Brad said, but it's not hard.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BradW wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 22:24

You mount the clutch master to the firewall. Modify the clutch pedal so the rod pushes into the master cyl when the clutch is pressed. Run a line from the master cyl to the slave cyl. Mount the slave cyl so it pushes the clutch in.

I'll try to take a pic of the pedal box from my KE30 that has already been modded to suit hydraulic clutch. Probably wont be till the weekend though.

Thanks Brad thats what i was hoping for. Just a brief explaination of how it all should be.
Also if you could get a picture that would be great.
Thanks for your help,
Michael

[Updated on: Wed, 04 May 2005 02:02]

hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muaythaiman wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 11:01

Thanks

The pressure has got to get there somehow! its like a brake line. There is fluid in it!

http://img210.echo.cx/img210/7308/clutchmaster5ph.jpg

sorry i am talkin about when brad said master cylinder to slave cylinder.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can sorta see the hydraulic line coming out of the bottom of the master cylinder, yeah?

that goes to the slave cylinder.

when u press the clutch, the piston in the master cylinder pushes the fluid throught the line into the slave cylinder, which has a piston in it the same as your master cylinder,

this piston pushes the fork thing that disengages the clutch.

I hope that explanation is good enough.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, well that circled thing is the clutch master cylinder. What he means by the line to the slave cylinder is the pipe you can see coming out the side of it. Ke55/30 etc had a cable clutch standard, so you have to convert it to hydraulic. The slave cylinder is bolted to the side of the gearbox. It is as the end of that pipe I mentioned before.
matho
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for the explination guys, it was great.
would it be best/easiest to get the hydraulic clutch set up of a wrecked KE70 ya reckon?

cheers Huw
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 12:01

BradW wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 22:24

Thanks Brad thats what i was hoping for. Just a brief explaination of how it all should be.
Also if you could get a picture that would be great.
Thanks for your help,
Michael

I'll try to get the pic on the weekend. The pedal box is out of the car so taking the pics wont be a problem, I just have to find the time.

matho: TA22 celica's have a hydraulic clutch set up that you can use. I think KE70 had cable clutch but AE71 might have hydraulic.

ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70 4speeds were cable clutch but i am not sure about the 5 speed version but i would like to know
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I know K series gearboxes were cable clutch, T series gearboxes were hydraulic. If anyone can confirm/ deny this that would be good.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks

Yeah as the others have said what I meant by
Quote:

Run a line from the master cyl to the slave cyl.
was to run a fluid line from the clutch master cylinder to the clutch slave cylinder.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. All k boxes are cable clutch, all t50's are hydraulic. If you want to convert from cable to hydraulic i may be able to give you some info that will save you money if you are buying new parts. If you go to repco and ask for a ta22 master cylinder it will cost $$$$$$ But if you get an early corona one then it will cost you around $30-$40. just a tip. They are they same one. Mine(as pictured) was about $30. I know a ta22 or t18 one was going to cost me around the $60 mark. Hope this helps.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Wed, 04 May 2005 18:20

you can sorta see the hydraulic line coming out of the bottom of the master cylinder, yeah?

that goes to the slave cylinder.

when u press the clutch, the piston in the master cylinder pushes the fluid throught the line into the slave cylinder, which has a piston in it the same as your master cylinder,

this piston pushes the fork thing that disengages the clutch.

I hope that explanation is good enough.

are u sayin that the slave uses fluid from the master cylinder to engage the clutch? becaue i understand that the slave has it's own fluid and could run independently without the master cylinder
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 04 May 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img133.echo.cx/img133/9481/retardedclutchdude0sq.jpg
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 05 May 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks gfuys, i will be organising it this week,
CHeers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 05 May 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL!!

nice pic muaythaiman

hokey, yeah they are connected, cant have 1 without the other,

muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 05 May 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks mate!..................

http://img209.echo.cx/img209/2231/retardedclutchdudewithoutmaste.jpg

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 05 May 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHA!!

does any1 here know how to setup the vacuum lines on a 4age??

particularly the line coming from the black plug on the inlet manifold??
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 05 May 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id ask Witzl. I reckon he would know.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 05 May 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i pm'd him a week ago but he ignored me Sad
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 07 May 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey every1,

i dont know if this has happened to ne1 else or if any1 can give some advice,

this is in my stock ke70, 4K-C

whil driving last night, i hear a "CRACK" and i have no clutch, thats not a problem so i drive up the road a bit and pull over where it is safe and under a light,

i get down and check out my clutch pedal, and find that the fitting on the and of the clutch cable has snapped in half, so i cant reconnect the clutch cable to the top of the clutch,

neway, i looked around the car, the best thing i could find to fix it was 2 cable ties, i only had 2, so i put 1 around the cable and looped the other 1 through this and around the clutch, tightened it, pushed the clutch wit my hand and bang the cable tie snaps,

so i drove the car home with no clutch.

does ne1 have a reliable quick fix?? or a cheap proper fix.

or i will go get some stainless steel cable ties and do it that way

BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 07 May 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As promised here are the pics of my clutch pedal. This pedal box came in a KE55 I bought and stripped and was already modified so don't blame me if it looks bodgy Laughing .

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~bradw/gearboxpics/Clutch%20Pedal%20001.jpg
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~bradw/gearboxpics/Clutch%20Pedal%20002.jpg
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~bradw/gearboxpics/Clutch%20Pedal%20003.jpg

As you can see some of the mounting bracket was removed and a hole was drilled below the pivot point. The actuating rod from the clutch master cyl is bolted to the pedal through this hole.

The actuating rod then passes through the big hole in the pedal box and the clutch master cyl bolts to the firewall using the 2 bolts either side of the hole.

This, as I said, is from a KE55 so the bolts and the hole is already there and it only requires a hole drilled into the firewall for the master cyl to pass through. I don't know what is required for KE1x/2x's but it should give you an idea of what to do.

Hope it helps.
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 07 May 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey James,

Don't know if it helps but we had an AE92 in at work yesterday and I had a look at the vacumm lines (100kw 4AGE).

The fitting on the manifold with the three small ports had lines going to the fuel pressure reg and the map sensor. The third hole was blocked off. This was the fitting next to the cold start injector.

As for the clutch cable you could always get another cable from the wreckers. Not real hard to fit.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 07 May 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Brad that will help us heaps!
All i need toget now is:
Slave cylinder,
Clutch master cyl,
Stater,
Surge Tank
and another pump.
Then i should be able to start!
Thanks for your help again,
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 07 May 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey brad,

thanks for that,

yeah i figured out the vacuum lines, well i already knew i just needed some1 to confirm what i believed, im running a air flow meter for now so i dont need the MAP sensor, yea so any source of manifold pressure im not using il just block off.

with the clutch cable, il prob get 1 from the wrecker, i just thought the cable tie story was a bit funny..hehe

thanks
James
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 07 May 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Sat, 07 May 2005 17:01

with the clutch cable, il prob get 1 from the wrecker, i just thought the cable tie story was a bit funny..hehe

It's amazing the things you can fix with cable ties. I once resecured a gearshift linkage on a truck with a couple of the really small ones. Stayed like that for a few weeks before we could get new parts for it too Laughing . But there are some things not even cable ties can fix Razz Laughing .
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sat, 07 May 2005 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CABLE TIES, MOST VERSATILE TOOL IN THE UNIVERSE Laughing
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 08 May 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
degreaser mans best friend!!!
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 08 May 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK people here are my struts Very Happy and diff:
http://img57.echo.cx/img57/4021/struts19xn.jpg
http://img57.echo.cx/img57/1808/struts21xb.jpg
http://img57.echo.cx/img57/8495/diff14zl.jpg

I got them today,
Michael
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 08 May 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my corolla drives Razz
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 08 May 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Sun, 08 May 2005 19:11

my corolla drives Razz

I do not understand???
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 08 May 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

it means he has his microtech!!!!!
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Sun, 08 May 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhh, thankyou!!

had me totally confused Razz
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 09 May 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough. that was just weird!
Michael
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 09 May 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes its been running since thursday night now, done about 400km in it... seams to go well for only 8psi atm...

(1ggte ke30 btw)

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2005 05:46]

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Mon, 09 May 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SWEET!!!!

cant wait to see it!!!
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 11 May 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well my struts went in today, had a few problems but i think everything is sorted now.
I just need a wheel alignment and she should be sweet.
My conversion will start in about 3 weeks. So hopefully everything goes well.
Cheers
Michael
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 11 May 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to here dude, I thought everyone in this thread had fallen off the face of the planet! Very Happy

Good luck with the con.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 11 May 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good to hear micheal!!

good luck with it!!!

and does any1 have a spare clutch cable i can buy??

thanks
James
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Wed, 11 May 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys i hope it goes well to!
I'll keep you posted on how everything goes,
Cheers
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 12 May 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE go to honrsby spares in thornliegh they always have them speak to george. prolly only cost 15 bucks but tell em pick n payless said theyd do em for 10 bucks and he'll give it to u for that much
give him a call, hes a funny guy.

94810602 or 94810702

and if he hasnt got ne he'll tell u where one of bis boyfriends has one. hahahah, ull get it when u talk to him
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 12 May 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks domasik,

il have to make my way out there, maybe on the weekend.

thanks
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Thu, 12 May 2005 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well there were a few problems with the steering allignment:
When i finished putting the struts in and bled the brakes i went to take it for a test drive. So i start to reversed and this grinding sound starts. I thought it may be the pads(Bendix Ultimates) so i took it around the block to see how it went. All the steering was out which i knew would happen and the brakes seemed to be alright. But this noise kept pissing me off. So i came back to my house and jacked it up again. IT seemed that the inside of the wheel was clashing with the inside of the calliper. So i thought i may be able to get some spacers. But i thought stuff it i'll just get the good ol' grinder out and take away about 1mm off the side of the calliper. It did the trick. the wheel was spinning freely and smooth.
So i booked my car into Roadholders for a Tow in/out to be fixed up. So i got there at 10am today and got out about 12:30pm. Many things had happened in these 2 1/2 hours. We found out that:
-Tie rod ends: Need Replacing
-Ball Joints: Need replacing
-Camber: 4 degrees
-$260(Ball Joints, Tie Rod ends, Labour and Wheel allignment/Tow in/out fixed)i'll have to pay to get my steering feeling like it should!
Well i would of been exstatic if the struts and everything were sweet but i should've known to check the ball joints. Oh well its good to get them replaced.
Cheers
Michael
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 13 May 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys if anyone is still interested in that front splitter like the one off nicki's ke30 i have a phone number
07) 55463033 the place is called "streeter by streeter slideways aero parts" and is situated in queensland somewhere.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KE Corolla dedicated thread. Fri, 13 May 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Are they just custom made or are there some made for corollas?
Cheers Michael
Pages (22): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:anyone in perth got some decent powered 7ms
Next Topic:starlet GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:33:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092289447784424 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.