Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 05:41 Go to next message
Perhaps the moderator that so kindly deleted the Newcastle Dyno Day post could explain why?

I have just read the Forum Rules and do can find nothing that warrants the deletion of my post. Yes, I realise it conflicts with a Toymods CRUISE but are the board so concerned with lack of attendance to this event that deleting my post was justified? As you do not need to pay membership to gain access to the forum then by default it is a public forum and provided a post does not violate the rules that are STATED a person is free to post whatever they like.

If Toymods were running a dyno comp on the same day then I would understand (and would not have posted in the first place) but a cruise is a totally different type of event. If I have been in error please point out the rule I have violated or will you be quickly writing one in now?
  Send a private message to this user  
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The heading of that thread reflects the rason why it was removed.
I am looking into the rules which you say you've looked at to see if you're correct, although personally, it doesn't amtter whether its a different type of event.
Do you think that only our less powerful cars go on twisty cruises or that the cars with power don't handle? Therefore it could take some of our forum members away from one of our official events.

Further, this thread should have been created in the "Memnbership & Feedback" Section, not the "Cruises and Events" section. Not only for the reason that this is where it belongs, but also because the board members receive an email whenever a new topic is created in that section so we can respond to any requests quicker.

Moving now...
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grant,

The Forum Rules listed in this section are well out of date but still form a basic outline for the behaviour we expect on our forums. We haven't listed every single thing that we don't tollerate. As for writing one in now we don't have to, The precedence is well established and these are the TOYMODS forums. The ability to post here is a privelidge not a right. The "rules" also don't state that commercial posts are not accepted but again this is well know and incidently would have been reason enough to move/delete it anyway !

Your post was removed for the simple reason that it conflicts with an official Toymods event. Frequent forum users will have seen this on many an occasion and it really doesn't matter what the event in conflict is. Our board members work hard to arrange cruises and events and we will not allow our own forums to promote ANY event that conflicts with their efforts.

As for conflicting with our Dyno day.. The Toymods Dyno day is being Held on July 3rd a mere 6 weeks away from yours. Whilst we do not expect a large Newcastle presence at this event nor a Toymods presence at yours we would hardly support an event in direct competition at such a close date.

These are NOT a public forum, they are the Toymods Car club forum and are moderated as seen fit in the best interests of the Toymods Car Club. Should you wish to discuss this further I can be contacted as always via email on rod@toymods.org.au
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod,
I find it a little amusing that guys would delete this thread for the reasons that you listed when Toymods themselves created an event in direct competition, as you call it, to the Toyota Nationals at easter time. I know it was listed as an alternative, call it what you want but it sounds the same to me. Then when the Nationals fell through due to lack of interest, which i think the Toymods alternative could have played a roll in, these guys that had work hard to try and get that event up and going in a better location for the future came and supported your event.
Now you want to treat the educated people that use this forum as idiots by deleting a thread that is for a dyno day because it conflicts with cruise. Please, come on, I think most people would be able to make up their own mind for what they might want to do on that day. It just seems more and more to me that it's Toymods and stuff the rest. I would really be interested to know how many of the people that use this forum are actual members. By deleting the thread you have now not let any non members from the Newcastle and surrounding area use this forum as a tool to be involved in a mainly Toyota social event and trying to force them to be only involved in yours. I don't want to be quoted your rules, these are two different events, in two different places in NSW. I'm sure we can let the people decide on their own what event they want to attend. Sorry if it seems a little abrupt, but I needed to voice my opinion.
Any feed back just post or e-mail me.
Cheers,
Neil.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2005 11:02]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Toymods organised an alternative event over Eater for our members.
Yes we advertised it on the Toymods forum.
No we did not advertise it on any forum or anything owned or run by the Toyota Nationals.

Really what you are saying is why did we let the Toyota Nationals stay listed on the Toymods forum when it conflicted with a Toymods event. Well the answer is we'd rather go to a good Toyota Nationals than have our own event. It would be far more enjoyable to go to an event run by someone else, so that we can relax and just have fun.

The facts of the matter are:

1. This forum is owned by the Toymods Car Club
  2. This forum is run by the Toymods Car Club
  3. This forum is aimed at serving the needs of the members of the Toymods Car Club

We do not tell anyone else how to run their club or forum or anything along those lines because we recognise that they are run for a purpose.

Toymods Car Club has two main fund raising events, these are dyno days. One of which is six weeks after this dyno day. If you cannot recognise that allowing conflicting events that can endanger the future of this club staying liquid, to be advertised on our forum, is a bad idea then I don't see how I can make any sensible argument to you.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:22]

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil,

It seems only 0.8% of members here are regarded as financial ( "some" pending renewal - I wonder how many Razz ).

I find Toymods of late becoming more and more elitist, there is an agenda here, and it is not at all to do with creating or in anyway supporting a wider Toyota community.

Does Toymods have a mission statement? Does it include using the buying power of 10000 enthusiasts to benefit a few ?

If the forums were strictly limited to financial members, it wouldn't be financially viable to have a forum, the sponsors are not interested in advertising to 50 odd people, it is the 10000 that supports this forum financially and they do have rights to information, especially when it is not in specific and direct conflict with an organised event.

In the absence of casual members it would be cheaper for the exec to just ring each other once a week instead of wasting the clubs money on what would then be a very small kingdom indeed.

That way they can still bitch about other clubs / troubleshoot their 18rg's and compare GT4 times as well as use the left over cash to register their copy's of photoshop and keep on making funny little photos of their cars looking way sicker than they really are.

I doubt this will happen anytime soon, some enjoy their illusions of grandeur too much.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:36]

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 22:20

owned or run by the Toyota Nationals.

This is where you are fundamentally wrong.
Why do Toymods see the Toyota Nationals as a direct competitor to toymods ?
We are only loosely organised as a club because it allows us to deliver cheaper and safer events to the enthusiasts, whoever they may be. You will notice that although techically we do have an executive structure, we do not use it!

We work tirelessly to service no particular group, and organise some events to bring together the wider community ( thus removing the individual club agendas,)a task which is difficult without a captive audience.

Why then do we get treated as profiteering or selfish individuals?

I personally met all of the Toyota Nationals Exec though the Old School Toymods, WE WERE ALL ENTHUSIASTIC MEMBERS at one time, and now this.

Frustrated (and now Angry).

Matt

Gypsy D
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=thetoyman75 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 18:58]Grant,

Our board members work hard to arrange cruises and events and we will not allow our own forums to promote ANY event that conflicts with their efforts.

Boo-hoo to the board members, been there done that! Crying or Very Sad
Nothing sours interclub events faster than elitist attitudes like the following quote.......
"Whilst we do not expect a large Newcastle presence at this event nor a Toymods presence at yours we would hardly support an event in direct competition at such a close date"
What if I can't make it to your dyno-day, but I can make it to the Newcastle one, what gives you the 'privilege' of withholding that info.
Its becoming obvious to many people on this 'special people only forum' that there is some animosity being generated by certain members of the 'board' towards the TOYOTA NATIONAL's organisers-could someone please explain why;
As Neil points out LOTS and LOTS of people look at this forum to see what's going on, why not then leave it up to each individual to decide what they would like to do on that day. Remember not all of us live in Sydney or surrounds.......
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Special Ed wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 22:54

owned or run by the Toyota Nationals.

This is where you are fundamentally wrong.
Why do Toymods see the Toyota Nationals as a direct competitor to toymods ?
We are only loosely organised as a club because it allows us to deliver cheaper and safer events to the enthusiasts, whoever they may be. You will notice that although techically we do have an executive structure, we do not use it!

We work tirelessly to service no particular group, and organise some events to bring together the wider community ( thus removing the individual club agendas,)a task which is difficult without a captive audience.

Why then do we get treated as profiteering or selfish individuals?

I personally met all of the Toyota Nationals Exec though the Old School Toymods, WE WERE ALL ENTHUSIASTIC MEMBERS at one time, and now this.

Frustrated (and now Angry).

Matt

Matt my statement was not wrong. We do not advertise our events on your web site or through anything else owned by Toyota Nationals. In fact at least one board member supported your website by allowing you to use photo's hosted by him as the photo gallery of the Toyota Nationals website. This is even though he found out about it by going to the Toyota Nationals web site to see what was being offered this year. We have however allowed you to advertise your events on our web site, where you have been more than happy to take full advantage of the large audience that this forum gets.

Toymods don't see Toyota Nationals as a direct competitor to our club, we see going broke from no attendance at our fund raising events as a problem though.

I see you have conveniently chosen to completely ignore my statement that myself and the rest of the Toymods board would much rather go to a good Toyota Nationals than hold our own event. This is the simple truth of the matter.

There was no animosity when Toymods members made up at least half of the attendee's of Toyota Nationals 2004. However this year the Toyota Nationals that was offered didn't appeal to our members. Seeing that the "particular group" who we run this club for wanted a different event we organised one.

If the members of Toymods choosing not to attend the Toyota Nationals was the reason the Toyota Nationals did not go ahead then I apologise. Toyota Nationals has however been going for at least 20 years longer than this club has existed, how did it manage before?

I will tell you this though. We listen to our members and what they want in events. We organise these to the best of our ability and we get good attendance. Make of that what you will.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys,

Firstly I just want to point out I am a financial member of Toymods and my connection to The Toyota Nationals is I run their website and manage their webspace.

Secondly I'll say that I don't want to enter this debate too much, just making sure all the facts used for argument are correct.

Thirdly(Rolling Eyes) it pains me to see the Toyota Nationals and Toymods at logger heads like they currently are, I understand we can't all "just get along" all the time, but it doesn't do Toyota car enthusiasts on the whole any good if two of the larger Toyota Clubs arn't getting on, it will only lead to wider animosity on the whole. I don't know what to suggest to do there, it's just a shame to see it Sad .

The main point to this email is I'm responsible for putting the Toyota Nationals Website Together and keeeping it running(althought admitadly I havn't updated it in a while except this Dyno day).

In regards to the pictures that Paul(Lucid)is hosting, I did ask his permission for these to be used before the website was advertised to the wider community. I totally appreciate Paul letting us use his webspace and bandwidth and will remove the link if it is causing him any greif at all.

Just wanted to say that I did obtain written permission(still have PM from Toymods from December last year) before randomly linking to his files.

Anyway enough from me, hope this sorts itself out soon Confused

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*edit* Double post.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:29]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist I'm not saying don't use Paul's pics. Paul is cool with it and that's all that matters. Yep I know you asked permission to use the pics and it's also true that he actually found out about them being used originally by going to the Toyota Nationals site.

I brought it up as an example that we are not anti-Toyota Nationals.

We remove conflicting events posted on the Toymods forum by anyone. Other people just don't kick up a stink as they understand that this is the Toymods forum, not the Australian Toyota Events Listing forums.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt,

i pains me to see you take this as a vicitimisation of the Toyota Nationals by the Toymods Car Club. I know you personally, and honestly would say you are one of the people who helped me get so interested in the club with your level of enthusiasm and interest.

To hear this now come from you has knocked me right back in my chair.

I will reitterate Josh's statement.
The Toymods Board would much rather attend the Toyota Nationals at Easter rather than run our own event.
The event in easter 2004 was the BEST Toyota event i have been to yet. I would VERY much like to see a better event in 2006, and anxiously look forward to that date.

With our events, please understand that the majority of cash turnover for the Toymods Car Club comes from our two Dyno Days. Without them we would just about fold, and then so would these forums, and sorry to be blunt, but you would then lose the large audience to promote the Toyota Nationals to which you have been using with the blessing of the Toymods board.

I dont want to sit here and argue, really. I have absolutely no gripes, nor do i have any intentions of getting them.

We are not treating you as greedy or profiteering. The fact was simply stated that you are using our forums. Perhaps it was implied that some thanks is due for providing them at all, rather than attacking a policy in place to protect the existence of our club. After all we do pay for these forums to exist.

Please feel free to attack my patriotism to the Toymods Car Club, but remember both you and I are still around for the one reason. Im just trying to protect something i work for to keep alive.

A rather upset, but not angry, Karl Witzlsperger.
*Toymods Social Secretary and avid Toyota enthusiast.
3t-RA40
Regular

May 2002
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Thu, 12 May 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Toymods Car Club has two main fund raising events, these are dyno days. One of which is six weeks after this dyno day. If you cannot recognise that allowing conflicting events that can endanger the future of this club staying liquid, to be advertised on our forum, is a bad idea then I don't see how I can make any sensible argument to you.

And you think the Toyota Nationals is a big dollar organization that can just find money and sponsors at will to run an event. They are in the same boat as you guys. They put in their own personal time in organizing, just as you guys do, and I know for a fact at the 2004 event, which most of you agree was a great event, several of the guys put in their own money knowing they would not see it back. This was done for wider Toyota community not just for individuals or groups.
I main point is that the Newcastle dyno day con-flicks with a Toymods cruise, two different types of events. Your dyno day is 6 weeks away in Sydney not Newcastle. People, and possibly your own members, may be disadvantaged if they cannot attend the Toymods events but can attend the Newcastle event. Please, let people make up their own minds.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Special Ed wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 22:35

Neil,

It seems only 0.8% of members here are regarded as financial ( "some" pending renewal - I wonder how many Razz ).

I find Toymods of late becoming more and more elitist, there is an agenda here, and it is not at all to do with creating or in anyway supporting a wider Toyota community.

Does Toymods have a mission statement? Does it include using the buying power of 10000 enthusiasts to benefit a few ?

If the forums were strictly limited to financial members, it wouldn't be financially viable to have a forum, the sponsors are not interested in advertising to 50 odd people, it is the 10000 that supports this forum financially and they do have rights to information, especially when it is not in specific and direct conflict with an organised event.

In the absence of casual members it would be cheaper for the exec to just ring each other once a week instead of wasting the clubs money on what would then be a very small kingdom indeed.

That way they can still bitch about other clubs / troubleshoot their 18rg's and compare GT4 times as well as use the left over cash to register their copy's of photoshop and keep on making funny little photos of their cars looking way sicker than they really are.

I doubt this will happen anytime soon, some enjoy their illusions of grandeur too much.

Matt,

Does staring at the screen give you some sort of PMS or do you just get a kick out of trying to cause aggression between Toymods and The Toyota Nationals committe ? In person your actually a great bloke but I really struggle to understand your motives on this forum Sad

Actualy yes your right ! just under 0.8% of forum users are Toymods members. Theses 0.8% make it possible for the other 99.2% to interact on these forums. The fact that a small minority of the 99.2% choose to complain about how we run them still baffles me.

Elitist you say.. About time you realised it ! This IS a "boys" club. We DO favour our club members and their wishes. Thats what being a financial member is all about. 83 people make this forum possible and some of them don't even use it. The other 10'000 odd contribute to its content and are very welcome but without the 83 financial Toymods members it wouldn't exist. You can rant and dribble about how sponsors wouldn't advertise on a forum with only 83 people but the fact is the Toymods car club had sponsors long before we had a forum and we only need forum sponsors to help subsidize the costs incurred by the 10'000 or so non members.

To be blunt I am sick and tired of having to reply to posts where people attack the board, attack this club and critise the way we run it when they do nothing to support it, pay nothing to use it and carry on like 5 year olds that didn't get the matchbox car they wanted for Xmas. If you don't like our forum.... DONT USE THEM !

The simple fact is Toymods has no beef at all with the Toyota Nationals, I am however starting to think perhaps some of the Toyota Nationals committee might have one with Toymods ??? Not only do we not have a problem with other toyota clubs we are the ONLY Toyota club that has dedicated space at OUR expense on OUR forums just so the wider Toymods community can organise their own events (As long as they don't conflict with ours and are not commercial).

I really do hope you guys get your shit together for a good Easter event next year and I have personally wished both Grant and Dave the best of luck with your Dyno Days. All we asked was that they be held at a time which didn't conflict with our own. Its a shame even this friendly request couldn't be forefilled but its your club so you can run it anyway you like.

I'm not going to argue the point of how your personal desire to ADVERTISE on OUR forum is so much more important than the financial well being of THIS club. I will however waste more of my time and repeat what has already be spelt out and isn't open for discussion.

These are the TOYMODS forums. The best interest of the TOYMODS car club will always be its focus.

You have your own web site we don't tell you how to use it.
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 02:12

matt,

To hear this now come from you has knocked me right back in my chair.

Mate,

I hope by speaking out, those who do know me understand how strongly we feel.

If every club that attended the Nationals refused to support us (and supporting requires more than advertising space) there would never be a Nationals.

The 2005 event was undermined very early by "bad press", largely mis information and implied misappropriation, sadly by this forum.

Failure of those most influencial to actively support/ help repair some of the damage meant it was erroded away untill you found the need to host your own.

The Toyota Nationals need not be the BIGGEST AND GREATEST event of the year, but it certainly is special. It is special because there is no other events which aim soley to unite the states and their repsective clubs.

Holding Dyno days for us are a means to raise some small amount of cash to cover startup costs for next years Nationals. As you know, nothing is free, to charge membership is not what we are about, and the organisers are simply not in the position to fund this ourselves.

Unfortunatley Toymods finds itself based in the same state as the Toyota Nationals Organisers, If we were based in another state we would call heavily on the local community there as well. As it is we get more support in other states already. THEY UNDERSTAND.

Toymods does have a VERY large reader base, something which is not represented in attendance at this event. If there was some small contribution Toymods could make to supporting the Nationals it would be to actively discourage the speculation or implied untruths which damge us so badly.

FFS [edit: out of good will] I find it infuriating and downright insulting!

WE are just like you, are volunteers, non profit, and trying to do something positive.

Do you actually want us to give up and leave you to your Toynats ?

/rant

lost for words / depressed

Matt

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 01:33]

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just in repsonse to the timing of our dyno day it was deigned to be as far as possible from the two largest/current Toymods events, Easter and the winter dyno day.

You gave your blessing , what did you expect us to do?

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You don't like their forum run your own

Simple concept but many can't understand.

Nathan Dean
Toymods Fan
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA-022 wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 10:57

You don't like their forum run your own

Simple concept but many can't understand.

Nathan Dean
Toymods Fan

Stay out of this, you obviously have NFI.

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Special Ed wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 10:52

Just in repsonse to the timing of our dyno day it was deigned to be as far as possible from the two largest/current Toymods events, Easter and the winter dyno day.

You gave your blessing , what did you expect us to do?

Matt,

The discussion re the Toyota Nationals Dyno days was clear and simple. If they were held between the Toymods Dyno Days and didn't conflict with a Toymods event we would be happy to support them. 6 weeks is NOT 3 months, at the time thiks was agreed to be the best option for BOTH clubs.

You have chosen a date that suits YOUR needs regardless of its impact on Toymods fund raising and our request. Thats fine, good luck with it but don't expect us to support it !

Rod.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 01:34]

gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota Nationals failed because it required that non Sydneysiders had to drive at least 6 hours to the ass end of the universe for essentially a show and shine. That would probably almost be OK (for some), except for when gross neglect for people's cars is displayed (door scuffing incident and subsequent denial by....well, us Melbournians know who you are).

I am presently outlining this in my hand written, snailmail delivered reply (as suggested).

I am flummoxed by the repeated failure of the Toyota Nationals over recent years and the burgeoning success of the DatNats. Could a closer look at their formula be helpful?? Perhaps then the ToyNats might attract true Toyota enthusiasts, not a bunch of assclowns that just happen to own Toyotas.

I'm not quite sure what the answer is, but I'm certain a divisive bitch fest on the forums isn't the answer.
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In short response to the enquirey's about datnats, I have been in contact with them and would personally love to hold a premium event such as theirs.

Toyota enthusiasts that attend the nats in the past have always complained about the cost, $100 is too much for some,let alone the multiple hundreds required to compete in datnats (there is no event if everyone just comes to watch - as is the case in Toyota Nats.)

Also distance from the home suburb of Toymods was within 15km to tamworth when compared to dubbo, over a better road.

And tamworth has facilities which could provide a Dat Nats type event - Dubbo cannot. Not to mention a larger town with a more receptive local council and tourism organisation.

Feedback indicates that Easter long weekend is the much preffered time for this event (also tradition), and unfortunatley unless you didnt notice DATNATS own wakefeild for that weekend.

You want wakefield for next year - send your $100 deposit along with 100 other commited toyota enthusiasts money and we will pay to secure wakefeild for next year. Untill that happens DAT NATS have the precedent and the relaionship to secure it year after year.

It is very easy to point the finger - you want improvements - get off your ass and help.

Matt
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am all too familiar with what was held and where.

Check your PM.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/supra80/generalma70/images/bugzlifema70.jpg

i busted my ass working into the cold nights to get the car to dubbo, fair enough with the insurance issue, but i didnt require the "Your not welcome because you didnt pay" feeling given by a lot of the orginizing folk!

honestly i hope all sides get a kick up the ass and things get sorted out the event should be about the cars not the people, i suggest you take a good look at the summer nats! HINT: located far away maybe but on main highways!
i will spend days on the road to get to an event but im not going to fuck my car todo it! i learnt my lesson!

Allan
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 18:07

http://members.optusnet.com.au/supra80/generalma70/images/bugzlifema70.jpg

i busted my ass working into the cold nights to get the car to dubbo, fair enough with the insurance issue, but i didnt require the "Your not welcome because you didnt pay" feeling given by a lot of the orginizing folk!

honestly i hope all sides get a kick up the ass and things get sorted out the event should be about the cars not the people, i suggest you take a good look at the summer nats! HINT: located far away maybe but on main highways!
i will spend days on the road to get to an event but im not going to fuck my car to do it! i learnt my lesson!

Allan

Allan, you SO obviously dont know what you are talking about.

To comapre Toyota Nationals to Summer Nats is plain and simple A JOKE. We make no pretense about the size of our operation, now or in the future, even to mention this just shows how little you understand about the logisics involved.

If it were Tamworth you were driving to, there would be no damage to your car. The road to Tamworth is a major arterial roadway, chosen by 95% of the trafic between Sydney and Brisbane for its safety, comfort and speed.

Please do not go on about this or any issue relating to the roads, distance to, or suitabillity of Tamworths Facilitites. All aspects have been addressed many times, anymore of this line of argument just shows your ignorance on this matter.

If you think Dubbo is that great - you really need to get out a bit more.

I am disappointed that you felt unwelcome, At the time I wasnt a member of the committee and cannot really comment on what you experienced, I assure you it wasnt personal, as even your old mate Celicamad hadnt put your identity together before the weekend finished.

I at least took you for a joyride in my slightly broken but infinately faster Razz supra.

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon1.gif  Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

This is not the place to pass comment on the Easter Toyota Nationals. Its a thread about why an event was deleted and nothing more.

If you want to comment on the Toyota Nationals then contact Special Ed or keep an eye open for a dedicated thread that may request it.

Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod Please lock this - let it fade away.

Grant call me again if you want.
John S
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Fri, 13 May 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan, I also wnet as a spectator and didn't find that.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 May 2005 00:16]

Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted? Sat, 14 May 2005 00:06 Go to previous message
There are just way to many issues here to even begin to respond to all of the above posts above. I will say this though: I am sick and fucking tired of people continually dredging up shit regarding the Toyota Nationals posted by wankers who wouldn't know the first thing about running such an event. Organising the Nationals is bloody hard and stressful and not only for the 3 days it's on. There's a heap of planning, letter writing, numerous phone calls, travel (we did 2 overnight trips to Tamworth to meet with club reps and potential sponsors) and who do you think pays for that; we do PERSONALLY! It is risky too; if the event looses money who do you think puts in the extra? That's right, we do!

Prior to 2000 the Toyota Nationals was run each consecutive year by clubs from QLD and Canberra and largely paid for by the club members. After insurance skyrocketed and the consequential collapse of the 2001 event nothing happened until 2003 when a group of us ran the event with no insurance. Obviously this was a BIG personal risk so in 2004 the Toyota Nationals Inc was created for the sole purpose of running the Nationals.

We do not have the manpower and budget of Summernats or the Fours and Rotary Nationals. We are just a group of guys trying to bring a event to other enthusiasts cause we just don't want to see it die (which it would have if it were not for myself and a handful of others). Like it or not we're it and we are trying our best. Sometimes we fuck-up; well shit, don't we all? So the next time someone wants to have a go maybe just keep that in perspective.

Other comments will be forwarded to Rod personally when I have time.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive
Next Topic:Forums Software
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 20:14:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067999362945557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.