Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » brett_celicacoupe's blue RA40 coupe, all finished....*update*

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
brett_celicacoupe's blue RA40 coupe, all finished....*update* Wed, 23 February 2005 11:19 Go to next message
OWNER
Brett

SPECIFICATIONS;
build time- 1000 – 1200 hours estimated
build cost – $4500 - $5000

BODY;
1979 RA40 Celica coupe
colour- WRX blue mica
body kit- 2 x side skirts, a rear skirt, a low profile spoiler
sunroof
delta mags (multispoke)

ENGINE;
engine- 18R-GU (head no 88253)
all standard internals, rebuilt
new; all bearings, all gaskets, timing chains, rings, valve stem seals and usual rebuild stuff
head shaved, inlet valves reground, honed etc
RAMFLOW air filters

DRIVELINE;
gearbox- W50, shortened gear stick
tailshaft- standard 2 piece
diff- standard
new clutch kit, cost me $260

INTERIOR;
relined dash, blue vinyl with white stitching
hoodling, redone in grey
doorskins, recovered, half blue half grey velvet

EXHAUST;
Extractors, merging under passenger seat floor
Into, 2 inch all the way to the back
Into, modified muffler – 3 inch pipe outlet

MODIFICATIONS/WORK I HAVE PLANNED;
Install the mighty 1G-GTE and W58 (saving up for it now)
Install the MX13 corona diff (have got 1, just need to put it in)
Upgrade brakes, peg/hilux/corona combo….or i will play around with MX62 struts, see what happens
Re-upholster the parcel tray cover and all the seats
Put some nice BLUE carpet in it….doesn’t have carpet ATM, only underlay
repaint the mags metallic silvery colour

http://img26.exs.cx/img26/7890/sideprofile-grey.jpg
beginning- when I bought it

http://img119.exs.cx/img119/5355/celica0045lf.jpg

brett

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 05:29]

Send a private message to this user    
Edwin 3S-GTE
Regular

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 23 February 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice rebuild, does it really have 980.000km on it!? That's incredible!

I have a similar car, but it's a liftback:

http://www.tccn.nl/st162/deel18/nr4.jpg

http://www.tccn.nl/st162/deel12/nr6.jpg
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 23 February 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edwin 3S-GTE wrote on Wed, 23 February 2005 23:03

Very nice rebuild, does it really have 980.000km on it!? That's incredible!

yes indeed, 981 000 was the reading....the tacho on that speedo doesnt work properly now so i got a different speedo/tacho unit in there

brett
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 23 February 2005 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow, awesome effort Smile
PyR0~
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 23 February 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, you are fucking awesome! 16 and you've already built yourself a sweet Celica, credits to the great job you've done Smile

Not sure im keen on the sideskirts but hey, whatever you like, it is your car Smile

Good luck with your future mods and cars, keep up the great work Cool
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 23 February 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done mate!

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 24 February 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx for the input

yeh i have a rear skirt to go around the back and with it on it sort of evens out the "lowness" look

and yeh looks better with it on

brett
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 24 February 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is beautiful, i always appreciate a car that has had a lot of hard work put into it by the owner. Nice to hear of someone that actually fixes rust instead of covering it with bog. Would look awesome with some nice wheels and some lowering. You'll post some pics when ur finished it wont ya Wink
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 24 February 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh for sure.....i keep the photos and updates coming, especially if i go a 1ggte

brett
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 24 February 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh for sure.....i keep the photos and updates coming, especially if i go a 1ggte

hope to paint the mags soon....metallic grey colour or white

brett
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

icon14.gif  Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 24 February 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats an awesome job dude, congrat's on a job well done.
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Fri, 25 February 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow mate that is fantastic work! I am hugely impressed that you have done pretty much all of that yourself, well done.

Good on ya for rescuing an old Celica and getting it back on the road. Can't wait to see more pics!

-Matt
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Fri, 25 February 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amazing!

Big props to you! You should be so proud of a job well done!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Sat, 26 February 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mad props to you :twothumbsup: great job considering your only 17 thats amazing Very Happy
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Sat, 26 February 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 05:33]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Sat, 26 February 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Much respect.

Very easy to see where all the hours went!

Congrats man!
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Sun, 27 February 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure if i did it all again, i could cut off about 300 hours due to the fact i was doing all the body work for the first time.

after a while u build up techinques and learn tricks which cut bac time and effort.

i could nearly put the engine in blind folded now Razz

brett
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 02 March 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Firstly sorry for bringing up an old post.
But this realy impressed me,your age and the job your've done on your car.
I take it that it's on the road now?
Just go's to show that all teens are not f-ckheads, congratulations on a job well done.you should be proud of yourself.
And good luck with any future projects.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 03 March 2005 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i think i did okay.....i will definitly do better next time though.

although i think i have the attitude now that i have done it once now, (proved my point to all the knucklheads who expected me to give up) so i dont need to do it that good again......probly just do a budget job Razz

no, not quiet on the road yet....should be gettin a roadworthy cert. early next week.....hopefully

and im saving like hell for the 1GGTE Evil or Very Mad

thanks

brett

SLY-T18
Regular

Banned User

February 2005
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 03 March 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is an excellent rebuild

good work

cheers, SLY-D18
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 10 March 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Brett, how did you go with the Roadworthy!? Very interested to know how things are going, I'm still very impressed!
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 10 March 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
i was going to take it last wednesday, but i had other stuff on.....so i put it off until yesterday (wedneday) but i didnt book it in and the mechanics were busy Sad .

Couldnt believe it, all that work and i was finally able to drive it properly....it went pretty good too, although accelorator pumps in the carby struggle to deliver,(or fuked) when i stab the throttle.

ill be even more happy when its registered

thanx

brett

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 05:35]

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Mon, 14 March 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
took it in for a roadworthy certificate today Very Happy

there was a couple things that need to be fixed, but thay are minor

1. centre universal joint worn
2. one brake light bulb faulty
3. back seat belt buckle faulty
4. left front seat adjuster seized....need to just slide back and forth a couple times to lubricate
5. front left and front right tyres just..just Sad to worn
6. muffler pipe leak (at join)

should hopefully have it all done and inspected on wednesday

brett
jhalmers
Regular

July 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 30 March 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh that sucks it happenend to me. Sorta. I had to replace my exhaust manifold on my corona with extractors which was not cheap but hey can't complain now. Extractors surely make the difference Laughing
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 30 March 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
REGISTERED

as of thursday last week Cool Very Happy

whoa...the colours Shocked Shocked Shocked

brett
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 31 March 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done on you tuff looking RA40.... Very Happy
Keep up the good work....
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Fri, 01 April 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet, sexy, tasteful and unreal.

that is one awesome ra40, im in love!

1GGTTE Razz

Eldar.O.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Fri, 01 April 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 16:01

1GGTTE Razz

looking at one right now....it might be coming very soon Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

thaks for the comments

brett
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Fri, 01 April 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All I can say is, I extend my hand to you.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Fri, 01 April 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Please except my hand as well Brett.
you have done well.
Gazza53
Regular

August 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Sun, 03 April 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Nice job on the RA, I am doing something similar but am only gunna go with a 1G-GE.

Do you have any pics of the rear skirt and where did you get it and the side skirts from ?

Also I,m peeved, my coupe cost me $217 off EBay
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Sun, 03 April 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked wow and here i am telling myself that my car will never get registered coz it so bugered and yours
started off like that man that is an excelent job i cant wait to see more
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Tue, 05 April 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gazza53 wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 17:49

Do you have any pics of the rear skirt and where did you get it and the side skirts from ?

skirts were on the car when i got it Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 02 November 2005 05:38]

spectre
Regular

July 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Tue, 05 April 2005 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brett_celicacoupe wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 21:11

I am doing something similar but am only gunna go with a 1G-GE.

hahaha , id like to see the faces of the insurance people when i go to insure it, "um, yes, im 17 and id like to get insurance for my twin turbo 6cyl celica "

Laughing Laughing Laughing .........it will be gold

ahh... 1G-GE is the 6cyl N/A 2L engine... the 1G-GTE is the twin turbo...

So.. um yeah.. slight difference
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 06 April 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b-e-a-utiful work man!! looks fkn shmick as! and my god i have never seen an 18RC look so damn nice and ricey, i love it!! Go us 17 year olds Very Happy

Cheers,
Kev.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Wed, 06 April 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spectre wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 01:36

brett_celicacoupe wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 21:11

I am doing something similar but am only gunna go with a 1G-GE.

hahaha , id like to see the faces of the insurance people when i go to insure it, "um, yes, im 17 and id like to get insurance for my twin turbo 6cyl celica "

Laughing Laughing Laughing .........it will be gold

ahh... 1G-GE is the 6cyl N/A 2L engine... the 1G-GTE is the twin turbo...

So.. um yeah.. slight difference

yes i know that... Smile

I will be gettin the 1G-GTE and I will be going to insure it

Razz Razz

i will hopefuly have a 1G-GTE by next week....hopefully:D

brett
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 12 May 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man have you got the 1ggte yet
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 12 May 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i went and bought 2 RA60s and i have to sell one of them so i can have the money to buy the 1ggte.

altthough its all ready and on the pallet, i just need to ring him when i got the money Very Happy

one of the ra60's is going to be a track car Twisted Evil
2L8IV1
Regular

March 2005

Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 12 May 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you going to upgrade your brakes when you put the 1G-GTE in Smile
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Thu, 12 May 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh the brakes will be upgraded

but... i may be putting the 1ggte into the ra60 track car

i thought about it and 210flywheel hp aint gunna help me keep my license.

due to a speeding fine, i may be doing a 3 month license suspension Crying or Very Sad

12 months on 1 point is just to much to risk....especially with some prick cops around.

so....might even end up puttin a 1gge in the ra40. i am chasing good fuel economy too Smile

plans may change, see how we go Twisted Evil
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Sun, 15 May 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep us posted on the ra60 - ga60 conversion. love your car btw, awesome stuff
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: my first go at building a car and its finally done(RA40 Celica)......**pics as well** Sun, 15 May 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i cant wait to get into buildin this ra60 track car.

ill get some pics up soon.

the front end is going to be majorly different....its gunna have square headlights that go straight down, smaller bumper, slat grille. i guess it may look like a ae86 in the front when im finished with it Confused
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: brett_celicacoupe's blue RA40 coupe, all finished....*update* Sun, 15 May 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new pic, all washed with new wheels. RA60 rims

http://img160.echo.cx/img160/7674/mycar8rn.jpg
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: brett_celicacoupe's blue RA40 coupe, all finished....*update* Sun, 15 May 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its lookin good mate but some big fat tyres would realy make it look the goods.
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: brett_celicacoupe's blue RA40 coupe, all finished....*update* Sun, 15 May 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and lower it a couple of inches
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: brett_celicacoupe's blue RA40 coupe, all finished....*update* Sun, 15 May 2005 09:25 Go to previous message
i got a wheel alignment yesterday (finally) but there is positive camber issues Mad

all suspension is factory but there is 1 degree positive camber on eac wheel. WTF!!

yeh fat tyres would be good....they'll come

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE82 just resprayed
Next Topic:robbie's JZA80 & zze112R
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:59:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01149582862854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.