Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » to remove head or not...?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
to remove head or not...? Thu, 12 May 2005 10:26 Go to next message
I have been pondering about this for almost half a week now and still have no answer, so i thought i would leave it up to the always there toymods community. This is a very long story so please stay with me and ill try to make it as short as possible. After some coolant leaking issues itook the car to a shop(no my regular) and told them to fix it. After the mechanic insisting that the head was cracked and he had to remove it, i told him go ahead and do what you gotta do. The mechanic finds nothing wrong with the head gets it shaved and replaces the gasket, and fixes the other problem in the first place. I receive the car take it home and realize that now its loosing coolant from the cylinder head gasket. I take the car back and tell him to fix it, he re-torques the head bolts even tho it was a mono torque gasket used, and then puts a certain substance in my cooling system that is meant to stop minor leaks from areas such as a cylinder head, but does not tell me about it. Receive the car for the second time only to make it home and realize the leak is still there. I take the car back and demand him to redo his job, as he does by replacing the bad gasket and sealing the head up for the second time. On my way home I start to notice my engine getting hot due to the radiator running dry of coolant and my overflow bottle full and boiling. I make it home to notice that my radiator is blocked up because of that substance used to block up cylinder head leaks has now almost completely blocked my radiator.

Now for the question. I am worried about all the other water passages through out my engine blocking up. Would it be worth taking the head off again for the third time to make sure it is all clear, or to run a form of cleaner to clear/dissolve everything?
Another problem i have found is when i remove my oil cap there is a mixture of oil and water ie. white oil under the cap, i know its not usual but it has been raining every day this week even tho my car hasn't been driven.

So please some expert advise, this time around all the work will be done by me thanks to me not working any weekends
for the next 7 weeks.
  Send a private message to this user    
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: to remove head or not...? Thu, 12 May 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bad luck on the engine dude
what engine is it btw?

i remember on my 4ac, the sign of white oil or more commonly known as milky oil, is a sign of a Blown Head Gasket unfortunately.
Not sure if this applies to you but thats what happened to me.

As for the radiator stop-leak stuff, i've heard bad stories about that, and never trusted to use it so i cant give any advice on that sorry

Hope it helps and best of luck

Choony

PS: Dont go back to that mechanic. he should fix it for you for free because he fugged up firstly, secondly and now thirdly but that can get annoying wen they just get worse every time.

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: to remove head or not...? Thu, 12 May 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA cant belive i forgot to mention the engine, its a 4age jdm rwd, it means alot to me and would be hard to replace.(if it was a 4ac it would be an excuse to get a 4age)
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: to remove head or not...? Thu, 12 May 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go down to your local radiator shop and tell them whats up, they'll help you out.

as for your leaking issues, somethings OBVIOUSLY not sealed up probably, (it usually where the fluid is coming from:P)

so see whats wrong and fix it Smile

Eldar.O.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: to remove head or not...? Thu, 12 May 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger i knew that if i wrote a big post people will get confused. The engine and radiator do not leak anymore. The only thing im worried about is that the smaller water chambers of the engine my be blocking up becuase that substance was added. My thoughts are if it can completely block up a radiator, anything smaller than a 10mm hole will be in trouble.
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: to remove head or not...? Fri, 13 May 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so anyone got an idea? should i leave it or take it off to have a closer look?
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: to remove head or not...? Fri, 13 May 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive decided to leave it on for the time been, my thoughts are if there was a problem it would have blown by now. Unless i continue to find more milky oil under my cap then she'll be there to stay.
unless someone highly recomends me removing it?
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: to remove head or not...? Fri, 13 May 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just take the car to your local natrad and get them to flush the cooling system.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: to remove head or not...? Fri, 13 May 2005 14:44 Go to previous message
Yep, flush cooling system, and run a few bottles of cheap oil, say GTX 2, thru it and some cheap filters...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Norbie? MA61 brakes onto a RA23...
Next Topic:g diff into A6
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 00:32:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050420761108398 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.