Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
murrayis
Occasional Poster

May 2004
icon2.gif  4afc -> 4afe -> Turbo Fri, 13 May 2005 10:19 Go to next message
Ok guys, as the title says thats what i am in the proccess of doing jsut for some fun.

I have the 4afe engine on its way from one of the fellow members of the forum.

Ok what is needed to be changed when changing from the 4afc -> 4afe, I was thinking of putting the 4age head on this engine and needing to know if it will fit with no problems?

After this is done a mircrotech computer will be put in, then hopefully if all goes to planned will be turboes running around 6psi on the standard engine.

U might say its not worth the effort, but i want it for the learnign experience, and am not looking for huge power outputs as this car will be my brothers 18th birthday pressie once its done.

Any help will be appreciated

cheers

Cameron
  Send a private message to this user    
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4afc -> 4afe -> Turbo Fri, 13 May 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont u just get a 4age?
murrayis
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 4afc -> 4afe -> Turbo Fri, 13 May 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont want it for performace, and as soon as i am done i plan on passing the car on, so jsut want something to keep by hands busy and might learn a few things, so yea dont want a sports car, want something that can still be driven around with good fuel eco.. and if required have a bit of pull to get out of situations if required
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: 4afc -> 4afe -> Turbo Fri, 13 May 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont bother
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: 4afc -> 4afe -> Turbo Sat, 14 May 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shinybluesteel wrote on Fri, 13 May 2005 19:25

dont bother

Why so negative?

He has said he doesnt want a sports car he just wants to learn some stuff the old fashion way.

Respect.

There will be fair bit of stuff you will actually have to do to get the project completed. So chances are it will actually cost more than its worth spending, but cars always do!

If you are only going to be running 6psi, I would just turbo the standard 4AFE (dont bother with the head swap)

With a good tune on the microtech you should be doing pretty well.

I know there will be some other 4AFE owners that will be interested in your efforts.

Just make sure you intercool it, and have enough fuel supplied.
On 6psi you should be fine, but err on the side of caution a little, bigger injectors dont cost that much.

good luck

-Adam
murrayis
Occasional Poster

May 2004
icon14.gif  Re: 4afc -> 4afe -> Turbo Sat, 14 May 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, bigger injectors where the first thing i was going to do wouldnt want it leaning out when hits boost.

cheers for your positive responce Very Happy
noogy
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: 4afc -> 4afe -> Turbo Sun, 15 May 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you're starting with a 4afc, you'd also have to do some kind of EFI conversion, or just run a carby on the 4afe (pointless i think...)

Correct me if i'm wrong....
murrayis
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 4afc -> 4afe -> Turbo Sun, 15 May 2005 07:42 Go to previous message
yea i have the 4afc and the new engine i have is the 4afe so i just going to transplant the EFI system across and continue from there
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what diff
Next Topic:Air Box design / Air filter Choice
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 19:01:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053980350494385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.