Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla Fri, 13 May 2005 09:29 Go to next message
My friend has a KE70 Corolla, 1300 4K-C motor i think.
Wanted to know a good/powerful, relativly easy to fit motor in his car. Direct bolt in would be nice! And what other things would need to be changed like brakes and wiring etc.
Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla Fri, 13 May 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try a search. There is a lot of info.

When you say bolt in, do you mean a motor which will fit the existing cross-member, or just a motor which will fit without machining and fabrications? Because I have recently fitted a 2T-G to my KE70. It did not bolt to the existing crossmember and several parts required changing, but there was no real machining or fabrication involved, only replacement of some parts with other Toyota parts from different applications (ie. KE70 manual tailshaft, TA22 clutch slave, TE72 clutch master, AE71 pedal box, TE72 transmission, AE71 transmission crossmember, TE71 engine crossmember, and TE72 radiator.

I suspect you'll end up with a motor which is powerful OR a motor which bolts to the existing crossmember, not both together.

September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla Fri, 13 May 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Additionally;

5K was available in some Liteaces, do a search on Google for which ones. These should bolt to the existing crossmember and are a larger displacement (~1500) motor of the same design as 4K. Later model Liteaces had 7K-E with fuel injection; these are 1800CC but not high performance motors by a long shot and will require a new fuel system and ECU/loom etc.

That is pretty much it for the options with a standard crossmember.

What is your friend's goal, intended application, and budget?
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla Fri, 13 May 2005 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy a rooted AE71, fit the hydro clutch and crossmember and then bolt in a 4AGE or 4AGZE, add a turbo if you require more power.

If you have any questions about the above conversions, do a search and it'll turn up a huge amount of info.

Hen
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla Fri, 13 May 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concur with the above if your budget is adequate.
jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla Fri, 13 May 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thanks guys. Liking the 4AGE idea, would be quite nice in this little thing, a difference from its in-ability to make it up hills!!!
jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla Sat, 14 May 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all the advice so far..just a some other things...how do you over come the ECU equation..does the standard 4K-C KE70 Corolla even have an ECU?? Havnt really checked that far yet..so just wondering if it hard to swap over. If it doesnt have one..then it sohuld be a case of grabbing one from the Donor car and just "installing" the wiring loom into the dashboard/mounting the ECU etc??... Thanks.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Good/easy motor for KE70 Rolla Sun, 15 May 2005 14:18 Go to previous message
I put a 4AG in a KE70 I bought from a neighbour about 12 months ago, and use it as an everyday car. Wasn't hard to do, and has been very reliable/taken a lot of abuse. Was a dead-easy swap, and needs only a little bit of fiddling with wires to make it a goer. Fairly cheap, too.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Help with power steering. I'm noob.
Next Topic:Engine Mods to a Stout
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 10:37:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067129135131836 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.