Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
KarolinaKid
Newcomer

April 2005
Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive Thu, 12 May 2005 18:16 Go to next message
After waiting two and a half weeks since my first complaint was posted up here and Anthony said he would send my DLI converter on to me right away....

*edit* I need to add it was supposed to arrive in 7-10 days via airmail post. *end Edit*

He will not reply to any e-mails nor have I recieved the part I paid for over three months ago.

Since it seems the only way he will respond is by posting a complaint here where it will affect him in his own backyard, here we go again.

For those of you that feel you must defend him and say he would never do that, you're wrong, he's a stand up guy, blah blah blah....

You're wrong. So don't waste your breath.

For those that think this is the wrong section of the forum for this, there is a complaint post that was moved into this section by a board member. It's about 20 threads down.

It seems after doing some reading up on him is the only way you get your parts is to show up in person to get them. Perhaps one of you folks that thinks he's so great would go pick it up and mail it to me.

Better yet. If somone would please post up the contact information for the police local to him so I can contact them and have them stop by. I'm sure they can manage to let him know how displeased I am. Now that I'm thinking of it.... I'm sure that this will fall under some international fraud law and he'll end up having to deal with the federal police as well. So if you happen to know their contact infomation, please post it here as well.

I just want my part that I paid for.

I don't want excuses or promises. I would think that after waiting 3 months for this you would be a little more quick about getting it to me or handling my e-mails if you're such a great guy as some would like us to believe. I don't have all the time in the world to track you down and hound you everyday about it but you can rest assured if there is ever an oppurtunity to tell somone what you have proven yourself to be, I will be very quick to let them know. I don't like to do that, but you have left me no choice in the matter.

I hope you decide to do the right thing and send it on to me.

Regards,

ALan

[Updated on: Thu, 12 May 2005 18:28]

Send a private message to this user  
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive Thu, 12 May 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan,

by posting this up for the second time on a publicly viewable forum you have potentially opened up a case for defamation.

Being that these forums are owened and run by the Toymods Car Club Inc., the TCC can also be held accountable for any case of defamation in that we have allowed such a thread to exist.

If you search through our forums you will find a number of threads which have business and personal names removed for this very reason. We are not going to run the risk of being shut down simply due to your complaint.

However the person in question is a reasonable guy, and by no means dishonest enough to take action that would close down these forums and a car club that caters for enthusiasts like himself.

As was suggested in the previous thread, please resolve your problem via a private medium, rather that these public forums. The person in question had previously taken it upon himself to do this despite your attack of not only his, but other individuals' character.
Quote:

Did your transaction take place on these forums? Exactly how does your complaint relate to Toymods Membership & Feedback? (which is the forum section you've posted this thread in?

I will now leave you with the following response from the person in question

Quote:

The converters are produced on my bench from my design that consumed thousands of hours of my time to create. I will never see that investment back but I saw it as a way to learn something about the cars I love and produce a cool product - not to rip people off.

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive Fri, 13 May 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know how your feeling mate as I had the same problem with the same person however I did end up getting my money back in the end.

If your still after a converter, send me a PM and i'll sort you out with one.
KarolinaKid
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive Fri, 13 May 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

Thanks for your input and concerns. I can understand where you are coming from and I appreciate your allowing me the use of this forum and not simply deleting the thread.

I can appreciate the fact you are worried about possible legal action but nothing I have posted here is in any way incorrect or a lie and can be backed up. I have made my best effort to provide complete and accurate details on every aspect of this situation. Those things I did have wrong I have corrected and apologized to those it concerned.

In response to what you have posted.

Anthony Kellam is an active forum member here as shown by him responding here in the previous thread. I am giving feedback on my experience with him.

The transaction did not take place on here but I would think that you would like to know of people causing problems for other Toyota enthusiasts when they live in your own backyard. Even more so when they are an active forum member here.

I'm trying to look out for you folks and get some sort of resolution to the problem.

It seems there have been several other people on here that have had the same problem with the same person looking at the responses to my threads. Perhaps you might want to consider a buyers/sellers feedback area on the forum somwhere as many other forums have done such as Club4AG. That would help you protect yourselves and your friends from being drawn into a potentially troublesome transaction.

THE WITZL wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 18:11

As was suggested in the previous thread, please resolve your problem via a private medium, rather that these public forums.

If you will note, I have stated in both threads, he does not reply to my e-mails. The only way I ever seem to get a response from him is by posting here. I never even got a response after posting on Club4AG. I hate to seem like a forum troll by making posts like this but it looks like it's the only way to get any kind of response. I don't like "attacking" anyone but I have sent several e-mails within the last two weeks that went unanswered.

Any time I do get a response it seems like nothing but excuses.

I did recieve one e-mail after my first post here where he stated he has shipped it out Express Airmail and would arrive in 7-10 days. I took that to mean that it's on its way, keep an eye out for it in the mail.

Then I e-mailed a couple of times within the last two weeks after it had not shown up, nothing.

Now, I did recieve an e-mail from him last night, suprise suprise, after posting the second thread here.

Now he says he needs an e-mail response from me before he will ship it out to me.

What happened to it's on it's way already and will be there in 7-10 days?!?!? Which is the correct story?

Now here is your response Anthony:

What kind of response do you want from me? I don't think I need to do anything else on my end. I acted in good faith and sent you the money. You sat on it, did not ship out my item, would not respond to e-mails. I filed a dispute with Pay Pal, you didn't bother replying to them and they took part of the money back that they could get out of you. I've already stated I would send you the money back that was reclaimed by Pay Pal when I get the converter just as you asked even though by rights I should recieve some sort of compensation for all the hassle and ulcers you have given me. I retracted my statements about Jason Purcell putting him in the clear just as you asked.

Everything has been done on my end.

Fustration does not describe the feelings I have at this time. I just want to finish my car. It's been waiting 3 months on a part that should have been here already. There's nothing like looking at your pride and joy sitting in the corner of the shop waiting on a $210 plastic box so it can be installed in the car.

Now send me my frigging part!

Best Regards,

ALan Goodwin
KarolinaKid
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive Fri, 13 May 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 21:47

I know how your feeling mate as I had the same problem with the same person however I did end up getting my money back in the end.

If your still after a converter, send me a PM and i'll sort you out with one.

PM coming your way sir. Thanks for your input.

Regards,
ALan
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Still ripped off by Anthony Kellam and HMS Automotive Sat, 14 May 2005 08:43 Go to previous message
I have spoken to Anthony and confirmed that the problem has been resolved so far without dispute.

It is not my place to go into specific details of the circumstances, but Anthony has emailled Alan informing him that the DLI converter will be sent via EMS couriers on monday.

This thread need to go no further as all complaints have been dealt with and resolved via private medium between the two parties.

Thread locked.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:F/S sections --> making them easier to browse (potentially)
Next Topic:NEWCASTLE DYNO COMP - Why was this deleted?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:39:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048739910125732 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.