Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
maybe ecu burnt out Sat, 14 May 2005 07:18 Go to next message
Is there anyway anybody knows of testing whether an ecu is fried.

4agze AFM DLI out of AE92

My problem still lies with no spark, although I was told it sounds like my ecu had no power, because I have no spark, the injectors don't click, the engine light isn't going on with the key at ign.

I have power at the ecu, the perm batt feed, also at the B+ and B1+ when you turn the key to IGN, all 3 grounds E01 E02 and E1 are all grounding fine.

So I am just wondering if my ecu is burnt out for some reason is there a way to tell, and no I have never had positive power on one of the grounds.

The other thing I am worried about is the other 2 grounds E2 and E22, which are suppose to be sensor grounds (between, AFM EGR, Water temp, TPS) that are grounded through the ecu, when I pull the plugs out of the ecu they have 12volts, is that normal?

Send a private message to this user    
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: maybe ecu burnt out Sat, 14 May 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u need to test if yr gettin rpm out of dizzy
then test if yr gettin rpm to the ignitor
then test if yr gettin rpm to the coils

if u cant do this send it to someone who can

otherwise yr wasting yr time

get an oscilloscope and start testing

u could have fried the ecu but thats very unlikely unless some novice wire it up

maybe open the ecu and check for burnt spots on the board

i have had afew map 4agze's where the person has wired it up wrong and fukt the ecu

can u get codes out of the ecu

if u can then its prob ok
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: maybe ecu burnt out Sat, 14 May 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no I can't get any codes out of the diagnosis, there is no warning light at all, I have tried it.

yeah I did take it to someone but they took leave right when I did so they can't look at it for a couple of weeks.

we have an oscilliscope, but I have no idea how to use it, I have to wait till my dad gets back this week for that one.

so thats the main way to tell, burnt spots on the board, thanks I'll have a look tomorrow.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: maybe ecu burnt out Sun, 15 May 2005 04:29 Go to previous message
There are little ceramic resistors right on the terminals... if you hook something up wrong these resistors will usually fry and go black... it appears they are put there for protection.
You can definately smell them when they fry too.

Crack it open and look for black components near the sockets, if they're black find someone who has the same model ecu and ask them what their values were... then rock over to Jaycar to buy them and then simply solder them in.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine swap kit
Next Topic:What strength loctite on crank pulley bolt
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:29:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059421062469482 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.