Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How do I tell if my O2 sensor is a heated type or not?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
How do I tell if my O2 sensor is a heated type or not? Sun, 15 May 2005 06:15 Go to next message
Did a search to try and find out what to do for my O2 sensor, in terms of lengthening the wire so it will connect to the wiring, as it sits further down on the extractors compared to the stock position, and read that if it is not a heated sensor then it must be within 1.5 feet of the head.
For starters I have no idea how far that is, using some google converter it calultaed it as about 45cms is this accurate?
if it is then my 02 sensor is positioned about level with the middle of the passenger door, and I rekon thats more than 45cms!
So now how do I tell if the O2 sensor I am about to put in is a heated one or a non heated one?
It is just the standard single wire, non screw in one from a 4age.

If it is not a heated one, can someone please inform me where I would be able to track down a heated one that will bolt straight on?

Thanks muchly for any info and help anyone can provide me with!
Cheers!
-Whitchy-

Send a private message to this user    
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: How do I tell if my O2 sensor is a heated type or not? Sun, 15 May 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it is only a single wire 02 sensor then its not a heated type, are you using the std computer? if so you will have to retain the original o2 sensor unelss you want alot a of playing around...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How do I tell if my O2 sensor is a heated type or not? Sun, 15 May 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heated is either 3 or 4 wire.

>if so you will have to retain the original o2 sensor unelss you
>want alot a of playing around...

not true, the ECU doesn't care what type, you would just need to source heater power from an IGN switched source.

>For starters I have no idea how far that is, using some google
>converter it calultaed it as about 45cms is this accurate?

OMFG... you don't how to convert from imperial to metric?? serious??? farrrrrk, go and buy a ruler...

aftermarket sensors don't come always come with a flange, but you can very easily make one
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: How do I tell if my O2 sensor is a heated type or not? Sun, 15 May 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suppose you could just power the heater up... all I was saying is that different 02 sensors give different voltage signals, and when the computer is using the 02 sensor for fuel correction etc the computer could recieve incorrect information...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How do I tell if my O2 sensor is a heated type or not? Sun, 15 May 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope, narrow band sensors all switch at approx 0.5volts, and a little richer or a little leaner will always have a big change in voltage.. thats how a narrowband works Smile

is only the wideband 5 wire sensors that have different voltage outputs (0-5V instead of 0-1V for narrowband)

you can use just about any narrowband sensor with any ECU and still be fine Very Happy

edit: (AFAIK Wink )

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:11]

celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: How do I tell if my O2 sensor is a heated type or not? Sun, 15 May 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I was half correct Laughing you learn something new every day!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: How do I tell if my O2 sensor is a heated type or not? Sun, 15 May 2005 12:04 Go to previous message
Very Happy i leanr many things everyday Wink or at least i try....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3K Timing and Ignition
Next Topic:Need some info on 1/2JZ-GE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 15:31:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041689872741699 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.