Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD: SOLD 28/12/02 Fri, 20 December 2002 00:09 Go to next message
Selling an S series LSD centre depending on what someone is willing to pay?! Was going to bolt it into my standard Aus spec sprinter but decided to go another route, diff wise. So, what is my bid?!!!

[Updated on: Sun, 29 December 2002 11:51]

Send a private message to this user    
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Fri, 20 December 2002 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill give ya 50 bucks Laughing
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Fri, 20 December 2002 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hows the condition of it?
Mcninja
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Fri, 20 December 2002 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What brand is it, or is it a weld job?
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Fri, 20 December 2002 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill start the ball rolling

$250
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Sat, 21 December 2002 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, It's in good nick and is a genuine Toyota LSD item - not a BOC locker! Gabe, will you include fluffy dice (sweeeeeeeet moit!) with your offer?!!!! Twisted Evil
ShaneAE86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Sat, 21 December 2002 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will that fit the disc brake rear end?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Sat, 21 December 2002 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It'll only fit if you can find a S series disc brake diff (never seen one)!!! I have seen a diff with a TRD LSD centre in a T series diff which due to spacing problems was shimmed to fit(similar but not duplicate problem), if you're desperate you might like to attempt the conversion, but personally I'd never attempt it! Clint!
ShaneAE86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Sat, 21 December 2002 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So its to suit the smaller aus spec diff housing, not the jap spec?
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Sat, 21 December 2002 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. If it was a jap spec T series centre, I'd be a very rich boy by now! Very Happy
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Sun, 22 December 2002 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you post or send a pic so i can work out which of the TRD LSD versions it is. Also, what ratio is is?. Cash waiting. Thanx.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Sun, 22 December 2002 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, crossed wires Terry. I don't believe this is a TRD version, rather a standard Toyota item (the TRD LSD is still very much happy in the back end of another Sprinter). My centre is in a friend's shed, sms me your contact details to 0403 733 054, I'll let you know the ratio asap, or can post it tonight (Perth time). I don't own a digi camera so photos might take a few days and a compliant friend?!
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Mon, 23 December 2002 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So if this will suit only assusie spec diff housing, does this mean it'll bolt straight into a celica (ta22)?

Frank
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Tue, 24 December 2002 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, a TA22 has a T series diff too. It'll only fit a Sprinter or Corolla S series diff. For those of you who don't know what type of diff you have, check your car's data plate in the engine bay - it'll be on there by the gearbox type too.
Also for all those who have asked, the ratio is 3.7:1, and it is definately a Toyota posi pac style LSD, not a TRD item. Hopefully will post a few photos tonight so everyone can eyeball it! Clint!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Possible F/S: AE 86 S Series LSD Tue, 24 December 2002 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come to think of it Frank, you could bolt it into a TA22, but you would need to replace the whole diff with a S series. TA 22's swallow AE 86 T series diffs without any hassle, so you could use a complete diff with this centre. You would still have drum brakes though, but at least you would have an LSD in the centre, which is a dumpload better than not having one at all.
The difference in the centre sizes is only 0.32", so it's not like you're putting in a significantly weaker diff (will respond better anyway given it's LSD!). Yes I also have a spare S series diff, but the interstate freight costs would be a bitch! You should have no problems finding one, everyone wants to rip their's out and put their newly bought mega expensive complete T series LSD's in (have seen prices around $1400 for complete diffs!). Clint!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
F/S: AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD Wed, 25 December 2002 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, for all those who have asked for pics, here they are!

Attachment: 3.7LSD
(Size: 49.27KB, Downloaded 92 time(s))
Attachment: 3.7 REAR
(Size: 86.98KB, Downloaded 35 time(s))

ShaneAE86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: F/S: AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD Wed, 25 December 2002 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you 100% sure this WONT fit the disc brake housing...

cause i never thought that s series lsd even existed...
ShaneAE86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: F/S: AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD Wed, 25 December 2002 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stuff it, email me,

sdfarrow@hotmail.com
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: F/S: AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD Wed, 25 December 2002 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what file format are these pics>??? Nothing I have will open them.
if this is the 'standard" toyota LSD (as per w'shop manual) , then every one I've seen of this vintage is stuffed. The central piece holding the spider gear axles breaks. I have 2 broken oned lying in pile on my floor and have seen a few othersThanx
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD Wed, 25 December 2002 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane,
Yep it's definately to suit a S series. See my post above on the easiest way to fit it into similar sized cars. If you can find a S series disc brake diff, most of your problems will be solved, but have fun finding one! You might get lucky from one of the early model "grey import" performance orientated Corollas, but again finding one is also difficult.
An easy way to distinguish between an S and T series centre, is the fact that S series only have 8 bolt holes to mount the centre, with a T series having 10.

Terry,
My centre looks to be in good condition still, ie no breakages! No, I haven't pulled it down to check every piece thoroughly - I don't have the tools and would prefer to sell the centre ready to fit! If you are breaking T series centres readily (I've seen your posts elsewhere too), why are you chasing a smaller centre? Will check with the friend who took the photos and saved them to disc on their format - This is not an area of computer wizardry I excel at!
ShaneAE86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: F/S: AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD Wed, 25 December 2002 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, so the diff i have if definatley a t series, i just counted the bolts on it in my dunken xmas state and it still = 10, had another drunk mate confirm.

my point is... if i gut the open center, i "should" be able to transfer your pinnon, crown, etc etc into my center housing... right...
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD Wed, 25 December 2002 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane,
The easy answer for me is to say "I dunno!?!" Having said that, to transfer the LSD portion of the diff doesn't sound that unreasonable, given the similarity of the 2 centres size wise (without doing the rudimentary counting and measuring checks, I doubt any one could differentiate between the 2 just by looking as they look identical). I have heard of similar sized but not duplicate centres used and shimmed (as I mentioned previously), and the price I originally paid for the centre may very well be inflated to satisfy people who chase S series LSD's to use in other centre series. Certainly something to consider, as genuine T series LSD's are unobtainable in general. So I'll throw the question out to the other members: Has anyone ever tried such a transfer? I'll quite happily stand corrected if the assumptions I've made are unobtainable.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: F/S: AE 86 S Series 3.7 LSD Sun, 29 December 2002 11:48 Go to previous message
Just to let everyone interested know, I was fortunate enough to sell the centre this afternoon. Best of luck to those still looking and thanks for the interest!
Clint!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stock Celica ST162/ST165 rims
Next Topic:Junk for sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 21:15:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079400539398193 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.