Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZGTE Misfire - Cruise Control ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ashsupra
Occasional Poster

May 2005
icon8.gif  1JZGTE Misfire - Cruise Control ? Mon, 16 May 2005 00:44 Go to next message
Im still experiencing this terrible misfire when cruising in the mornings at around 110. Mad
Today I tried to narrow it down a bit and it only seemed to do it when cruising at/above 3600rpm - 108km/hr and above.
Could this be related to the cruise control system at all - as I think the max cruise control limit is 108km ???
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE Misfire - Cruise Control ? Mon, 16 May 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so it's only at 108+km/hr AND 3600+rpm? if you put it in 5th and cruise below 3600rpm, does it still do it?
ashsupra
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 1JZGTE Misfire - Cruise Control ? Mon, 16 May 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It appears to only happen when at or above 107-108km/hr which is 3600rpm in my car (Ford Auto Transmission).
If I cruise at 3500rpm it's fine.
So far it has only happened in the mornings too.

I can accelerate beyond that point though and it goes alright.
Load, acceleration all seem to be fine - seems to happen when cruising.
82MKII
Regular

July 2003
Re: 1JZGTE Misfire - Cruise Control ? Mon, 16 May 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ash - the wife's V6 auto commodore does exactly this as well (misses under light load only at a certain speed). It had me baffled for a long time - until I checked the plug leads and found two of them out of spec. The strange thing is it didn't do it under any other conditions.
I know you don't actually have any plug leads, but I'd be having a really close look at:
- the coilpack primary plugs (the retaining clips always break & the plug can work loose)
- the coilpacks themselves - look for evidence of arcing or tracking on the underside of them
- the plugs. Check the gap and check there is infinite resistance between the centre electrode & body (I had a few platinum ones that started to break down in this way).
- the conection between the coilpack & plug. From memory there is a small springy thing that sits between the coilpack & plug.

Regards

Peter
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1JZGTE Misfire - Cruise Control ? Mon, 16 May 2005 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plug gap can be a big one - 0.8mm - I've had this problem before (it was noticable at light throttle, but my car doesn't spend much time there)
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZGTE Misfire - Cruise Control ? Tue, 17 May 2005 06:44 Go to previous message
Just something else that may cause the prob, check you vacuum line to the cruise control cannister.

cheers Chuck.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3S-GEs?
Next Topic:st162 died during idle
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:19:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047171115875244 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.