Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Sat, 30 April 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ITS ALIVE !@#%

Today got it running, let it run/idel for abit to sort itself out, needs a tune, and had my custom made screamer pipe on. My friend took it out the driveway, and slowly went up to the end of the street and back. It worked its little head away, playing with its mixtures and ratios. He went and did another lap, as he turned around, he accelerated to 5000rpm where i heard it. BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWP!!. It sounded awsome.

Then the screamer pipe fell off and it sounded like a truck. We went to BP down the road to get some fuel for it, DAM it was loud! I drove it on the way back, I couldnt really take it all in as I had my foot of the accelerator and it was driving itself at 2000rpm. Then I saw this old granny in her van looking at me, so i dropped back to 2nd... bbbbb BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Gated the granny and she didnt look happy.

There is still a phew things that need to be done, and I have almost resolved all problems. Quite happy with myself. Just like to thank the people for there help. Adsports for helping drop the engine in and do the fuel pump. Clint, for getting me started on the wiring and to the rest that gave advice and good tech info. Thanks all!

Videos tomorrow !
  Send a private message to this user    
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Sun, 01 May 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant wait to see some videos...!!

Very Happy
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Sun, 01 May 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet matt ! now we can cruizzzeeeeeee
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Sun, 15 May 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:13]

bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was good, but its more fun when you brake drift
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What codec is that?
rb26_n1
Regular

August 2004
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sic
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:22]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in a couple of those incar shots i was thinking hrrm hello pole

nice vid tho
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt you hoon

Razz
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have fun at the park not on the road.

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:15]

Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, seems like everyone was out and about yesterday cus of the rain (cept me of course Razz). Weekend stories are funny to hear, but you have the proof to boot >_<

You crazy kids Wink
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Mon, 16 May 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha loving it Cool
Doylie
Regular

May 2004
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Tue, 17 May 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cant view that video mate.. I go to the link, it asks if i wanna open this file so i click open and this image comes up saying "This site is not supported bla bla bla.."

any help?
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Tue, 17 May 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
save it then try to open it
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Tue, 17 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Content removed. Remember, play at the park, not on the road.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Tue, 17 May 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i ask why?

driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Tue, 17 May 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch...

mods

suppose toymods does not condone that kind of driving Razz
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Tue, 17 May 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Takai pointed my attention to certain rules.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Thu, 25 August 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give us an update bitch - I hear it now has sexy wheels too?!?
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [AE86] Matt-AE86's Zenki Levin (56k Sadness) Fri, 26 August 2005 17:08 Go to previous message
Ok, It's been quite some time since I have updated this thread.

I had the engine running reliably, and a semi exhaust system, although it was incredibly loud. So back to my mates house, adsports, to get a high flow muffler put in to replace the cannon. This really quitened things up, made me alot more happier, and brought the car closer to being FULLY SICK.

I had a few temperature problems, but after a thermostat replacement and a flush and adding in all mighty Toyota RED Coolant, all was well and it sat just on middle. But I wasn't satisfied and got myself an new Water pump. Installed, leaked, Installed for a second time cleaning all surfaces thoroughly I then had a nice cool 4AGE running at around 3/8's on the stock dial.

Over times I had a problem when I filled up full tank it would smell like fuel was leaking from the tank. So after about 8 dumps of the tank, a replacement tank, resiting of the fuel pump lower to get more mileage out of the tank, replacing rubber fuel hose for hi grade 300psi resistant hose all is well, and having the tank pressurized actually made the car run far more better.

I also had problems with the Oil cooler, first the hose wasn't of good quality and split, and i lost oil. Replaced the lines, and still oil was leaking, replaced brass washers, oil was leaking. So I ended up just plumbing the Sand which plate straight into the return for awhile. One day I decided to retry install the Oil Cooler when I realized that there was hairline cracks where the banjo bolt went in, but then it was too late and I lost oil again, most of it on the way to CLG's place and on his driveway! :S. So it was plumbed back into the return again, and soon (hopefully this weekend) I will mount the replacement and plumb the hoses to the cooler.

I purchased a while ago a Set of 14x6" Rims from a bloke at the back of my Dads work. Rims looked fine, rolled ok on the ground, but had abit of a flat spot. Got 2 tyres of CLG, had them fitted to the rims, put them on, it look great. Painted up with Polished Alloy lip and black center. It then came time to put tyres on the other set of rims. I took them to the local second hand tyre store in Perth where all i go was "fark, day are farking farked mate.. you want these 15" chrome beauties ? only sprinter in Perth with them fucking, you be.."

So off I went, annoyed and pissed off that i was going to have to find another decent set of rims. I had enough. I talked to CLG and got myself a nice pair of 15x6 Standard Early model Soarer Rims. They fit perfect and had the right profile tyres. Stitt from Sydney was eager to see what these rims looked like on the El' Drifto machine so we whacked them on.

http://members.westnet.com.au/mutilate/toymodsmemberthread.jpg

And as they say, or should I say, he says.. "Just the right amount of power to have fun!"..

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2005 18:53]

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Pops 1j is born
Next Topic:new pics of my ride..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:46:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062921047210693 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.