Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 08:44 Go to next message
Hello all,

I have the option to buy an unregistered turbo sprinter. Is anyone willing to swap their registered 4age sprinter with my turbo sprinter?

Car specs:
- Toyota AE86 Sprinter
- 4A-GZE block, turbocharged (GARRETT turbo) (runs 8psi, but can run 16psi)
- 155 rear-wheel kw (Dyno tested) (thats over 200hp!!)
- 2.5" mandrel-bent Turbo-back exhaust system
- Standard suspension
- needs bodywork and TLC, (some body rust)
- Professionally built in Myaree, WA
- INJEC ECU
- is sold 'as is'
- NOT registered

The engine is relatively new. Has barely done 15,000km since it was put in. Rarely pushed hard (Not many traffic lights around here).

This car is seriously fast. It has creamed many high-dollar sports cars off the lights (eg. WRX STi's, V8 SS Commodores, etc). Is described as "an unfinished Drift Weapon" and "all go, and no show". If not sold the car will be fixed up, and sold for more money! Again, the car is NOT road registered.

The car is located in Dunsborough, WA (3 hours south of Perth).

Will anyone consider this offer?

Thanks,

DP

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 08:48]

Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm confused, why wouldn't you just buy a 4AGE sprinter?
43sgte
Regular

May 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much work are we talking?
in dollar figure

how much rust is there?
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhh sounds tempting.........what needs fixing ect on this turbo beast.....??............wanna travel to nsw lol
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So its basically a mad engine in a rusted ae86 with stock suspension? i.e. sleeper.

Or are there other things done to this like a decent LSD?

More info man.

digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the delayed reply; I work a night job.

To answer all questions:

Shinybluesteel: I can get this car for cheaper as I work for the owner. So in theory, I can end up getting more for less... If that makes sense.

43sgte: A fair bit of work is needed. Perhaps $1500 at the most would get it on the road? ($600 for rust-fixing, $500 for engineering, $400 for licencing/other bits and pieces). There is a fair bit of rust in all the usual spots, especially under the fuel-filler. You'll see in the pics for yourself.

DRFT - 86: Needs rust fixed, and needs to be licenced. Those are the main things. Travel to NSW is out of the question.

4ageeza: Yes, yes, yes, and YES! No other mods to speak of other than engine. Engine itself is worth a fair bit, and well worth the effort to restore.
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7279

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7280

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7281

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7282

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=7283
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anybody requires Hi-res pics, please PM me your email address. PLEASE NO HOTMAIL ADDRESSES!

Oh and 43sgte, that nightojnr guy sounds gay! DONT U READ STREET PERFORMANCE DICKFACE ra ra ra rb25 p.o.s.
Isn't this guy trying to swap his R31 for a sprinter? Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 18:09]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 04 April 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why do you want to swap? Wouldn't you rather clean that one up???
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Tue, 05 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I don't want to fix it. I don't want a forced induction car for insurance and plain safety reasons. It's a plain insane car, and being a new driver on the road, I think its not a good idea.
43sgte
Regular

May 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Tue, 05 April 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
digitalpho3nix wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 04:04

Oh and 43sgte, that nightojnr guy sounds gay! DONT U READ STREET PERFORMANCE DICKFACE ra ra ra rb25 p.o.s.
Isn't this guy trying to swap his R31 for a sprinter? Laughing

hey man, leave him alone.. he's cool-as! Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Very Happy
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Tue, 05 April 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does eveyone think this is a fair swap? Or am I dreaming?
43sgte
Regular

May 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Tue, 05 April 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds more than resonable for a good cond. ae86 with 4age
anothe
Regular

July 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Tue, 05 April 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this has no fmic or anything of that sort right?
are you willing to sell outright? or is this swap only?
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Tue, 05 April 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
digitalpho3nix wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 16:44

I have the option to buy an unregistered turbo sprinter.

The car is not mine yet. I am simply planning ahead before I dive in and buy an unregoed car! I could set up a deal between anyone here and the owner, for a straight-out sale. Since I am employed by the owner, I can get it for cheaper, and therefore use it as a form of credit to get the car that I want. I hope that made sense! Confused
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Tue, 05 April 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a certain 250.4 RWHP sprinter on these forums has killed about 4 or 5 gearboxes and a diff, if you want this car, i suggest you obtain a 4A bellhousing and a W55 to suit. this is just plain insanity...

very dangerous car.

but at the same time, oh so tempting.

what kinda price range you looking at mate? just PM me a figure of somesort...

Eldar.O.
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Wed, 06 April 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spot on eldarO. This car is insane, so all you 18 and unders out there, ask your parents first. I am in no way responsible for any drifting, uncontrollable spin-outs, or accidental squealies you may do. Razz
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Wed, 06 April 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
digitalpho3nix wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 09:15

Spot on eldarO. This car is insane, so all you 18 and unders out there, ask your parents first. I am in no way responsible for any drifting, uncontrollable spin-outs, or accidental squealies you may do. Razz

dude, i can squeal my van if i dont pay attention, this would SHRED tyres.

Eldar.O.
Hatchetman
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Wed, 06 April 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn why couldn't you have posted this a couple of weeks ago?
I just got back from a trip over to Perth and was down at Margaret River while the surfing was on, and could've come over for a looky...ok who am I kidding, just another excuse to go to Dunsborough Bakery and guts out on their donuts!!!!
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Thu, 07 April 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunsborough Bakery is nice, too expensive but. They recently had a 30% mark up on everything they sell! Crazy... But nonetheless, I still buy Steak and Guiness pies from there... Evil or Very Mad

Yep, car is possessed by demons. Would suit someone who wants a bit of a project car/racing car.
rb26_n1
Regular

August 2004
Re: Will anyone swap a 4A-GTE AE86 for a good cond 4A-GE AE86? Mon, 16 May 2005 04:28 Go to previous message
i would, wanna swap? i might be interested, cept the fact ive still got a canary........ah well, PM me if ur interested.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1975 corona
Next Topic:KE10 fully restored SA
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:40:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079751014709473 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.