Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dorifto_vip
Regular

November 2004
what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 07:09 Go to next message
I have finaly made up my indecsive mind and have coem up with two options for my next project car.
Either an early-mid 80's soarer and put a 1jzgte(not sure what its model number is)
or an mx73 cressida do the 1jz engine conversion.

What do you people recon....im stuck

-Andrew
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon u shouldnt do it.. Im sick of people doing the same thing as me.. makes my car less unique... SOOOO many people email me about doing this etc.. and if they all do, im gonna sell my car

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2005 07:13]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 15:12

I reckon u shouldnt do it.. Im sick of people doing the same thing as me.. makes my car less unique... SOOOO many people email me about doing this etc.. and if they all do, im gonna sell my car

jag dude, you didnt do the 1st z10 1jzgte conversion so dont talk like you were the pioneer of it all. if your gonna be a selfish and not share information then why bother posting. your post does not help dorifto_vip at all.

isnt the main point of these forums is to share information?

cheers

oh yeah, dorifto_vip depends on what you want really?

you want a 2dr or a 4dr?
both require some custom work.
cressida bit bigger, got better ability to carry passengers

[Updated on: Mon, 16 May 2005 07:49]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer will out handle Cressida on the same budget.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95 wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 17:46

Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 15:12

jag dude, you didnt do the 1st z10 1jzgte conversion so dont talk like you were the pioneer of it all. if your gonna be a selfish and not share information then why bother posting. your post does not help dorifto_vip at all.

isnt the main point of these forums is to share information?

cheers

oh yeah, dorifto_vip depends on what you want really?

you want a 2dr or a 4dr?
both require some custom work.
cressida bit bigger, got better ability to carry passengers

I have shared the information.. to the last 15 or so people who have emailed me, ive basically told them step by step everything they need to buy and what they need to do.. now im over it.
I never said I did the 1st, im sure I didnt.. but there was very few before mine. actually the only noted finished one I can think of was JMS's purple drag one which got stripped
i dont know of any others..but im sure theres one or 2 before mine.
remember we are talking mz10's here.. pre 85
dorifto_vip
Regular

November 2004
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it easier t oput a 1jz in a soarer or a cressida?
is the soarer easier to mod and more parts avaiable?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dorifto_vip wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 19:25

is it easier t oput a 1jz in a soarer or a cressida?
is the soarer easier to mod and more parts avaiable?

Both are pretty much just as easy. Depending on what parts you're talking about, neither really has a lot going for them in aftermarket parts, if you're talking general parts like panels etc. the Soarer will be much harder to find stuff for.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Much
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jag, the JMS soarer did not get stripped it still resides in a shed owned by terry from kansai automotive, i think it will hit the strip again one day, was an awesome looking and performing car
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Mon, 16 May 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as im aware the engine was stripped out, thats what i meant
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Tue, 17 May 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would go for the soarer personally. I like mine. I haven't had much experience with the cressida, and if they are what i think they are (i am pretty sure they are) then i feel they have nothing on the soarer. They just don't look as good. Plus soarer has its own badging. People often ask what is the i don't recognize the badging. But may i just like them cause i got one.

Also Jag can you help me with a Jz install lol.

Oh and if you go a soarer. try and find the GZ ahead of the MZ. people can say what they want (and will probably get angry) but i am yet to find a MZ with as many options as mine has. (i got rear wiper (some MZ's don't even have that), touch panel climate, cruise, electric everything, fold in mirrors (again some MZ's don't have this) air purifier and electric sunroof.)Also GZ are more rare.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Tue, 17 May 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All MZ's and GZ's have the 3 stages.
Povo pack, mid spec, top spec.
Everything differs on them. Carpets, climate, seats, etc etc.
It just depends on who decided to import what.

Cressida's have their own badging too.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Tue, 17 May 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Tue, 17 May 2005 12:01

All MZ's and GZ's have the 3 stages.
Povo pack, mid spec, top spec.
Everything differs on them. Carpets, climate, seats, etc etc.
It just depends on who decided to import what.

Cressida's have their own badging too.

What he said
and also id say gz10 are more common if anything
I own an mz10 and a gz10.. plus i know there were 2 gz10's at alljap way back...
my mz10 is now a mix of gz10 and mz10.. with all the top spec goodies bar the cruise(as its manual now) and digital climate control which ill swap out of my gz10 when i get around to hooking air con up[
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well all i can say is for actuall cars i know driving around the ratio MZ:GZ is about 3:1
jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say, 4 Door Cressida.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 09:04

well all i can say is for actuall cars i know driving around the ratio MZ:GZ is about 3:1

That may be the case in Australia, as MZ's are more common to import.
But in Japan the ratio would be closer to 1:5
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 11:04

im just wondering.. under general driving around how you are telling the difference between MZ and GZ
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3.Ol badges on the side, hey its not fair most of the MZ wouldn't be driving anyway they'd be off the road with HG probs
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talking about MZ10's dude, not MZ20's Rolling Eyes
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it gets especially confusing when u count mz10-11-12's
some mz10's have the turbo badge on the back, some dont.. some just have a GT badge as do some gz10's.. 11's dont even have an mteu, they have a 6m-ge from memory.
Also not all gz10's have GT twin cam or whatever the badge is on the back(i forgot cause im using my gz10 bootlid and that badge got axed)
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
having owned a cressida and a soarer (a gz20 however) i would say both cars have their merits...

I always wanted a newer cressida than my MX62, but now that I've got a car that is a bit sportier than the cressida, while i'd still LOVE to get an MX83 at some point in time, I'm loving the fact that I can enjoy spirited driving a lot more in this sort of car. They are both similar and different at the same time, the soarer being more cruisey oriented than something say like a silvia... but also heavier, more comfortable, etc etc.

It depends on what sort of car you want... If you want a four door comfort saloon.... get the cressida.

If you want a two-door comfy sport-ish car, that is more than capable stock to go for some fun driving (but you will quickly find its limits), get the soarer

course, i'll just wait and my post will be shot down in flames, so i'll state now that's just my personal opinion on experience from driving my MX62 and GZ20....

may not apply if you want a *z10, but hey, might give you a bit of insight

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2005 02:32]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: what to save up for as a next car 80's soarer or mx73 cressida Wed, 18 May 2005 02:40 Go to previous message
GZ10 = 1G-EU or 1G-GEU
MZ10 = M-TEU
MZ11 = 5M-GEU
MZ12 = 6M-GEU
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What Seat Covers do you have ?
Next Topic:Steering wheel opinions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 06:15:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068950653076172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.