Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » Thursday nights.... It's been a while :(

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 16 May 2005 07:28 Go to next message
Where do people get to on Thursday nights these days? I havn't been out for a few months and went to some of the regular haunts last week and most were dead Sad

Cheers,
Kirk
  Send a private message to this user    
BigBadBenny
Regular

May 2002
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 16 May 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Orient was pretty good,
Also all your Caxton pubs and clubs are full.
that was 6 months ago.....it's been a while for me aswell
Ben
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 16 May 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The victory for karaoke!
that is all
it also has a beer garden, "nightclub" room and pool room
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 16 May 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe I should have been a little more specific and said... where do the car nuts meet these days? Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Kirk
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 16 May 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh blah.. i dont "meet" any more.. too much effort hehe
that time can be spent making money
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Tue, 17 May 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KiRK wrote on Tue, 17 May 2005 09:01

Maybe I should have been a little more specific and said... where do the car nuts meet these days? Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Kirk

I knew what you meant.
Lately a lot of cars have been hanging out in my back yard. Last week we had 11 cars all up on ramps getting work done.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Tue, 17 May 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeezus... only 11?

Hey Shane... who did you say can do the axle restudding on the RN25 diff?

Cheers,
Kirk
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 18 May 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I gave you the names of 2 people, But I can arrange it for you if needed?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 18 May 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to find out what the pitch circle is too (stud spacing). My old man may be able to get it done at Springwood... if not your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Kirk
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 18 May 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What PCD do you want? Or what do you want it the same as?
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 18 May 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm just after the stand PCD... so I can gurantee my existing wheels will fit Surprised

Cheers.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 18 May 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you want the same PCD as on the 28? That would be 4x114.3.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 18 May 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Shane... I was almost certain it was 114.3 or there abouts. It's pretty much a standard PCD for a lot of cars just wanted to confirm this.

Cheers,
Kirk
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya kirk, I didn't realise you were back in brisbane. Not too sure where abouts the car nuts go these days, i'm too afraid of the cops now anyway. If i see you out and about i'll have to show you what happened with that intercooler you gave me Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 01:05]

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heya Boris...

Yeah... been back in Bris for a few months now Wink Would be good to get back into things. We need to have another cruise like we did last year.. that was good Smile

Catch up with you soon...

Heading out tonight for a bit of a looksy...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Tue, 17 May 2005 09:55

oh blah.. i dont "meet" any more.. too much effort hehe
that time can be spent making money

sorry? what is the difference between meeting at a pub and meeting with other car people? Except the fact that the pub is shitloads more expensive and you can't remember what happened. Smile I know what I would prefer.

Kirk: you do know that their hasn't been another major cruise since the one last year! It would be good to organise another. I think charles gets out a bit with TCC though.

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're all welcome to come along to TCC events folks! even if you're not a member you can join in social and most competitive events.

Just so you all know what we do (i'll post separate threads for TCC Qld events as they come up on us)

Club meetings
1st tuesday of every month (except Jan)
7pm at Salisbury 4x4xmore

Cruise day
2nd Sunday of every month (except Jan)
usually 9am departure from Salisbury 4x4xmore
cruise info in monthly magazine
(last trip was the Queen Mary Falls near Warwick - an all day affair with some driver clocking up over 450k)

Competition
we've just started the 'Nav Run' for the year - 3 more events to run (i think)
2nd Friday of the Month
$5 entry
requires navigator, torch, UBD, phone , etc
only club members earn points towards the yearly championship

Dyno and Show-n-shine dates are yet to be confirmed (anyone know of a good venue for dyno?)

There are other events usually listed in the club magazine - non-members are welcome to attend. Club members are a diverse bunch of people: old-skool enthusiasts, modding lunatics, toyota-branded-cars die-hards, non-celica drivers, etc.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aspley maccas normally has lotsa ppl. maccas lock up there toilets so there is no public toilets around

just so ya know

laterdays
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah watch aspley maccas cops love the joint they hang round their like files on dog shit basically if your car is hot and you want to hang out with other hot cars you will find cops i gave up as much as i liked people drooling over my car the cops made to damn hard also MT Gravatt look out has a car seen on Thursday night.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will have to come along to one of those sooner or later Charles... epseacially the dyno day Wink

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles: that sounds like a well organised club!

I wouldn't mind coming to an event when my car is ready. Maybe I should wait for the dyno day Razz
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 19 May 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edit: I am an idiot Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 19 May 2005 23:04]

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 20 May 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is also the boat ramp carpark down at Wellington point, although I havent been there in a while.

Police have been known to block the exit and try adn defect every single car that comes out. They were getting people for shit like, no water int he windscreen washer bottle etc, pretty lame.
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 20 May 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats crap, gees they piss me off sometimes i got stuck in broad water car park one night for about four hours they put every car on the shaker was not happy lucky we were in my mates 4wd we had a gut full of waiting so we made our own exit.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 20 May 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra_28 wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 14:26

Thats crap, gees they piss me off sometimes i got stuck in broad water car park one night for about four hours they put every car on the shaker was not happy lucky we were in my mates 4wd we had a gut full of waiting so we made our own exit.

what is the shaker?

ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 20 May 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a machine you don't really want to be on they test your brakes and suspension on. Like a dyno it has rollers but they turn against your wheels checking your hand brake and normal brakes and shakes your car checking the suspension. I hope that my celica will never see one of these me thinks it would shake the hell out it. Brakes i'm not worried about there good but the suspension is hard.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 20 May 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds scary!
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 23 May 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a few clubs meet out at capalaba business centre & cruise from there...wello point & milton maccas are still destinations afaik

www.cruisingbrisbane.com normally get out every thurs
Buddha
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 08 June 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a few guys from the Toyota Owners Club forums that meet at Milton on a Thursday night ... primarily late model Corolla's, but they don't discriminate, here's a link:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?sh owtopic=1317
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 13 June 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i have given up going out on Thursday too. All the spots i visited up north of bris (D bay ect) got shut down a while back. and i just stopped going out due to doing other things. i still go to chermside every now and again, then cruise around with the guys i meet there but even that is getting rare now. where abouts are you? we could always start something again.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 13 June 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Algester.... Souuth side....
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 16 June 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Algester.... Souuth side

Werd!

Sunnybank Hills/Calamvale for me
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 17 June 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick, I havn't seen your car around before... I assume the 4A-GTE is in the sprinter in your avatar?
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Sat, 18 June 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah mate...i wish Smile

she's factory red and stock as a rock from the exterior
christo
Regular

July 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 27 June 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come out with cruisingbrisbane.com great bunch out people and we go out every thursday. check out the web site for the times and locations.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Sun, 17 July 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer thurs for northside .. aspley til like 10 then off to milton... milton h8 milton just about rips my exhaust off every time i drive down the street they should fix the road lol
Jack05
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 03 August 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thursday night, was working at the workshop
last week we had 26 cars JUST FOR US, its only me and the boss there, we are catching up

slowly.....
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 10 August 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone here cruise around the logan area?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 29 August 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no more cruising cops bust ur arse for nothing lol... the m1 down the coast is the money sat nights if u like to go fast lol
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 22 September 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azza wrote on Wed, 10 August 2005 20:06

Anyone here cruise around the logan area?

Second that...

Stuff Aspley, i know its ok but its a bit far. What happened to Springwood maca's, Wello point (someone forgot some washer fluid and it all fell to pieces) Capalaba maca's used to the absolute shit of shit.

It all coz of the blue brigade. Mad Mad Mad

Start thinkin ppl, coz me thinks we gotta make some sort of unofficial Thursday rule again, and it sounds like there would be many others too. Thurs nite used to be the highlight of my week.

If we keep it mobile its real hard for the cops to do much. Maybe start like a regular cruise. Down the south east freeway as a sugestion???

Bringeth forth thine ideas...
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Tue, 27 September 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be in this. Anyone else interested??
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 28 September 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like a two man campaign azza...

Maybe not tomorrow nite, but we should try and drum it up, then do something next Thurs...

What do u think?
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Wed, 28 September 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm always keen for a Thurs night cruise.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 September 2005 13:05]

NoYesWhy
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 29 September 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you talking about tonight?

Frank
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 29 September 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVERYONE UP FOR A LIL CRUISE 2NITE POST NOW...

SuGGEST MEETING POINTs ToO

I know azza & i are southsiders... Azza probly wont get this till tonight anyway and im offline after about 5ish so im guessing he will probly be in next week.

Anyone else tho???

Gotta start the ritual again!!!

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
NoYesWhy
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 29 September 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I live in Toowong, When and Where?
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 29 September 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno, im all for it but short on ideas...

How about meeting somewhere up your way, then cruising down the S-E FWY to wherever then back again. Im thinkin about 9-10ish...

It would be good if "ra28" & "azza" were in, but looking at their posts they arent gonna see this till 11 oclock.

Id go after then but depends on everyone else...
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 29 September 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How bout we organise something for next thursday night? if anyone is interested send me an email ( aza_dark@hotmail.com ) or call me sometime. 0427875720
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 29 September 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Next thursday night sounds good
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Thu, 29 September 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like fun

just give me a bit of notice where we are going
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 30 September 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am out for a while guys, Mic and I went for a cruise last night and the MR2 had a tragic meeting with a bus stop a steel bin and just missed a power pole Sad
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 30 September 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the thursday night cruise are off to a great start
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Fri, 30 September 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes thats what i said. hobos wouldnt let me out of hospital till the next day and wondered why i was getting pissed off sitting in a room for 5 hours waiting for the doctor....
mnetb
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Sat, 01 October 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azza wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 13:19

I am out for a while guys, Mic and I went for a cruise last night and the MR2 had a tragic meeting with a bus stop a steel bin and just missed a power pole Sad

Hey dude, the mr2 pole hugging was next to the servo station at sunnybank hills?
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Sat, 01 October 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah. where you there?
mnetb
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Sun, 02 October 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I wasn't there but my 300zx bud went by and saw it. Is the engine alright?
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Sun, 02 October 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The unfortunate events of last Thursday nite should not be constrewed as indication of things to come.

It is a serious concern to us all that such large potholes should be left gaping in the road. Unavoidable as one trys to caress their beloved vehicle through the sweeping left hand turn.

The abyss (pothole) was ineveitably going to become the downfall of some innocent machine with a low factory ground clearance.

May I strongly urge all to not be disheartened, and for us to continue our plight to get in a great bloody big pack on the highway on a Thursday nite, moving along coyly at about 60km/hr, with the occasional burst of somwhere near double that.

Pissing off all the late nite shoppers who are trying to rush home to bed after chatting to Sharron for to long in Gloria Jean's. Or the "workin back late at the office" ppl desperately tryin to get home coz it took too long to get a load off with their secretary and their partner is gonna cotton on to their extra marital activities any minute now.

The irony of the "hoons" chockin up a major arterial by rolling along perving on each others cars is never lost on me. Very Happy

...To the Batmobile Robin!
(dunno where that came from)

Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 03 October 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed much so. Despite events I cant wait to get back out there and go for a cruise. Missing my car so much. Big thanks to Mic though who helped me through one of the hardest things ive had to endure... my poor car Sad
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Mon, 03 October 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh k, i reckon we can mix up the meeting points every week so that ppl get things close to home some weeks...

This week im suggesting the car park for the KFC/bottle-o on Old Cleveland Rd, about 500m on the Carindale side of the gateway overpass @ say 8.30ish

The route is very flexible, but we could plod down the gateway & SE-freeway to BP Stapylton, then back up into the city via the freeway. Have a drink somewhere or go ur own way from there.

Anyone who is in, post back and ill c u there.

Anyone who is keen but doesnt know where that is, get a refidex Laughing ...or PM me and ill draw you a map... gosh! (trying to sound like Napolean Dynamite)
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thursday nights.... It's been a while :( Tue, 04 October 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I'll be there hopefully.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BAS or Willowbank 29 Oct?
Next Topic:Christmas Eve cruise... Anyone interested?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:00:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090510845184326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.