Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
marshall
Occasional Poster

April 2005
sound system in a corona Mon, 16 May 2005 09:37 Go to next message
Confused is it just me or are 1986 rt142 coronas a real ass 2 put systems into especially the limited rear partial shelf space

time 2 get the angle grinder out ??? jokes
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: sound system in a corona Mon, 16 May 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't laugh my rear shelf had been butchered well not butchered but cut by my cousin to sit 6 inch speakers in it, i was thinking about going 6x9 but would either just box em and bolt em on or get extenders and hope they sit out of the current holes. The current holes are cut neatly but it is actually illegal to cut it but it was done before it became illegal i think. I have 6inch three ways in the front doors and the standard speakers in the front and two holes in the rear where my cousin had his speeakers all the wiring is still there though.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: sound system in a corona Mon, 16 May 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's illegal to cut without an engineers approval simply because it could be perceived as a "structural" part of the car.
If you happen to cut anything more than the sheet metal then yes you have cut a structural part of the car.
marshall
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: sound system in a corona Mon, 16 May 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i currently got 2 pioneer 4 inchs up front a pioneer mp3 headdeck, 2 pioneer 10 inch subs in da trunk running of a jensen amp and 2 6x9 running of the same amp in boxes on the rear floor cos they dont fit in rear partial shelf argh!
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: sound system in a corona Wed, 18 May 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i've got a corona too. What size speakers can i fit in the back? I couldn't be bothered looking.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: sound system in a corona Wed, 18 May 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my cousin had 6inchs on the rear parcel shelf that seems to be the limite for width, a 6x9 may fit but it would involve cutting a lot of metal unless like my idea you could use an extender to lift the speaker and have it sit in the 6inch hole. Only problem may be clearance with the window.
I was gonna put some speakers in the back but looking at the window they would be very vulnerable to leaves in a smash and grab situation and since the car is parked at a station i thought no.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: sound system in a corona Wed, 18 May 2005 06:50 Go to previous message
Toobs wrote on Mon, 16 May 2005 20:13

It's illegal to cut without an engineers approval simply because it could be perceived as a "structural" part of the car.
If you happen to cut anything more than the sheet metal then yes you have cut a structural part of the car.

Gee I'm glad I live in Tassy.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Fuel Filter
Next Topic:Dyno / Light tune recommendations... BRISBANE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:44:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041570663452148 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.