Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CJCELICA
Newcomer

May 2005
AIR BAGS FOR ST205 ZR CELICA Wed, 18 May 2005 00:52 Go to next message
I am just repairing a lightly damaged repairable 97 Celica ST205
ZR. The car is just about repaired but we are stuck for the air bags which were deployed . The price from the local Toyota dealer is astronomical but I can source them from the UK for 300 pounds the pair. Does anyone know how hard it is to install them and what the proceedure is to get them checked after so it can past the pits in WA? If anyone can help I would very much appreciate it Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AIR BAGS FOR ST205 ZR CELICA Wed, 18 May 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being a ZR wouldn't it be an ST204, as for installing em i'd leave it to the professionals, by the time you pay for shipping to aus and possible duties it may be a bit more than 300 pounds.
CJCELICA
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: AIR BAGS FOR ST205 ZR CELICA Wed, 18 May 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 11:11

being a ZR wouldn't it be an ST204, as for installing em i'd leave it to the professionals, by the time you pay for shipping to aus and possible duties it may be a bit more than 300 pounds.
The price from a Toyota dealer was $1600 each bag $700 for a module plus fitting which is well over $4000 when you have finished and the cost of shipping is 75 pounds not sure about duty but i understand that if applicable it will be 25% that still make is less than $1200 australian. That saves you a fair bit for installation! Thanks for correcting me but yes it is a ST204R and thank you for your advice

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AIR BAGS FOR ST205 ZR CELICA Wed, 18 May 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in that case probably get the bags from UK, but i'd make sure they are exactly the same as the aus one, sometimes parts may differ from country to country slightly, ie US airbags are deigned to trigger earlier and more agressively.
BUt yeah an airbag to me is a vital device so i'd get it installed at a workshop.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AIR BAGS FOR ST205 ZR CELICA Wed, 18 May 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I understand it Toyota publish a service bulletin or manual to do with the re-installation of air bags that have been deployed, so that stuff ups are not made by the local smash repair shop.
I know a service advisor at a Toyota dealer in Perth that I have to call about another matter. Would you like me to call him and ask what the go is and would they take on the install using client supplied parts ?
CJCELICA
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: AIR BAGS FOR ST205 ZR CELICA Wed, 18 May 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 13:35

As I understand it Toyota publish a service bulletin or manual to do with the re-installation of air bags that have been deployed, so that stuff ups are not made by the local smash repair shop.
I know a service advisor at a Toyota dealer in Perth that I have to call about another matter. Would you like me to call him and ask what the go is and would they take on the install using client supplied parts ?

Oh yes please that would be great if you could thank you
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AIR BAGS FOR ST205 ZR CELICA Wed, 18 May 2005 04:04 Go to previous message
Well, I will do this for you only, and only this once Very Happy

Made the call and they are not interested for legal reason, you prang and the air bag does not deploy and you sue, for example.
They would only be interested if, and only if, the parts you supply are exactly 100% the same as the Toyota Australia parts for that car. If any part numbers are different they do not want to know about it.

He did say that the install itself is very straight forward, bags, wires and sensors and that any compatent (sp?) home mech can do it. Its a case of look carefully, take notes and replace each bit as you go.

If you are not keen to do this yourself.....try calling a few good smash repair places as they would either have the experience to fit these things, or know an aftermarket supplier who does, that they sub-contractor to.

Hope this helps you.

Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:turbo bags
Next Topic:corona mods
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:57:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040571689605713 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.