Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Tue, 17 May 2005 12:58 Go to next message
sigh, going thru old uni paperwork, i came across printed pages from way back when toymods was on "Egroups" ... ahh the memories...

i feel old Razz

Cya, Stewart

[Updated on: Tue, 17 May 2005 13:07]

Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Tue, 17 May 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then again, who was on the worldwide toymods list before toymods (aus) came into life?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Tue, 17 May 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember when it was on egroups, but I wasn't part of it then.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Wed, 18 May 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raises hand to denote he was once a member
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Wed, 18 May 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep - The occasional email still comes through every now and then.. (unless the Yahoo groups is something different to what you're talking about?)
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Wed, 18 May 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I was on the Egroups list and a member of the worldwide toymods 'web-ring' as well too....<sigh>....there were a few good blokes on that list....

Do you remember the poking fun message someone made up having a go at one member in the US who talked the gansta rap and it went on about "oversize, undersize 19 inch parts on his ride"...I laughed for days after that....I have that post somewhere at home.....its a classic.....
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Wed, 18 May 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is there still a world wide toymods webpage?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Wed, 18 May 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, dunno, but i still turn up lots of msgs from ppl like "Gary M" in my google searches....
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Wed, 18 May 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, you know I was on the toymods worldwide e-mail list, which I think started in 1994. It still exists, but not as usefull as it was. I remember characters like Matti from Sweaden, Stephan Gunter from Jamaca, Bill Sherwood, some guy in Melbourne with a T18 (not many other Australians except for myself at first). I was on about 1997 onwards, that sort of era. Matti had alot of the knowledge, but his website had many holes which led me to make my more detailed Corolla website.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Fri, 20 May 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I was on the Toyota-Mods mailing list from about the mid-90's, and before that I was on the aus.cars newsgroup (Usenet) from about 1994. Those were the days, no fancy web forums back then! I bet most of the people here don't even know what Usenet is.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Wed, 08 June 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.toyota-mods.org/posts/posts-9507.html
looked what i found when searching on google only hit found for the topic to Very Happy
AND THIS
http://www.toyota-mods.org/posts/posts-9409.html

[Updated on: Wed, 08 June 2005 10:37]

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: who else is old enough to remember toymods on "Egroups"? Fri, 10 June 2005 01:53 Go to previous message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 20 May 2005 16:55

I bet most of the people here don't even know what Usenet is.

I know it's not really the same, but I still ue the usenet..

www.newshosting.com + www.nzbzone.com = 4.5Gb a day on my poor 512 adsl Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who hates the "crazy frog"
Next Topic:Cheapest place to register a .com.au domain name
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:37:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069379806518555 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.