Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » can i get my shocks regased?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spence
Regular

January 2005
can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 09:28 Go to next message
hey
the front shockers on my ma61 are rooted. i was wondering if i can just go somewhere and get them regased? might be good enough for the time being. i have stock suspension on the front. if i can't then i'll just have to wait til i can afford quality suspension.
Spence
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Either spend $350-$400 on some Tokico HP's from teh USofA

Or $100 on some Monroes.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a fair of front Tokico HPs from the USstrut inserts would cost less that, as that's about the price for a set of 4 IIRC.

If you intend to use stiffer springs in the future, buying monroes now would be a waste of your money.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes sorry, that was for all 4 shocks.
I don't know if anyone sell just the fronts.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 22:14

Yes sorry, that was for all 4 shocks.
I don't know if anyone sell just the fronts.

At that price, why would you want to? Razz A set of 4 monroes would cost around $300 IIRC
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
5 monroes for 100 bucks??? where?

how much would it cost to get them put in by a mechanic?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deeps wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 20:21

5 monroes for 100 bucks??? where?

how much would it cost to get them put in by a mechanic?

A) why would you want 5 shocks/??
B) I was just talking about the fronts.
deeps
Regular

November 2004
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops

a spare for my spare tyre?

typo Razz

two for 100 but how much do mechs charge for putting new ones in?mine are rooted too

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:27]

Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you reckon its worth it getting adjustable? would a coilover kit fit on the tokicos? would they fit on a ra60 strut? - i plan to do the conversion for the negative camber
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front shocks will cost about $150-$200 to replace, as they are quite time consuming.
Rears will cost about $50 to replace.

I paid $140 for 2 shocks, and that was RRP. It would have been much cheaper had I gotten trade.

The Tokico's will work with coilovers, but I'm not 100% sure if the MA61 and RA65 shocks are identical. Someone else will chime in with that.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 18 May 2005 22:30

The Tokico's will work with coilovers, but I'm not 100% sure if the MA61 and RA65 shocks are identical. Someone else will chime in with that.

They're the same body size and stroke IIRC, just probably different valving.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, if your stock fronts are rooted after 20 years, chances are that your rears are or are on their way out too.
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Wed, 18 May 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just read bbaacchhyy's article bout the strut conversion and it'll be the same but i might need some washers at the bottom. might purchase a set of shockers from the usa.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Thu, 19 May 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61's don't have gassed front shocks. You couldn't get them re gassed if you tired!

What you could do is get them re valved (to pretty well any specs you want!), and effectively made as good/better than new Smile

I got my front struts revlaved to MA61 koni specs for $60ish dollars each. Smile (this price was for me removing the struts and springs and taking the strut into the shock absorber shop myself tho).

Cheers
Wilbo
Spence
Regular

January 2005
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Thu, 19 May 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i wanted to know thanks wilbo666 that ma61s don't hvae gas front shocks. i might look into that revalve thing. could they be made into adjustable??
Spence
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: can i get my shocks regased? Fri, 20 May 2005 00:51 Go to previous message
As far as I'm aware you can't turn them into adjustable.

If I was you, I'd be looking for some Tokico's. By all accounts they can be had quite cheap off ebay (in the US, about $350 del for front and rear?) and suit the MA61 very well Smile
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&item=7974789128&category=33590

Cheers
Wilbo
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Car Storage
Next Topic:G-techs, how accurate
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 07:20:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042030811309814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.