Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
noofa
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Good suplier: GT4 front clip Wed, 18 May 2005 14:38 Go to next message
Gday,

Im new, and looking for a gt4 front clip for instalation on my gen 2 camry wagon. Looking for a st185 halfcut, best price found (small search) was $2000.

Secondly, for front wheel drive application, can the stock (4wd) gearbox be used? is it just a mater of having a cover fabricated? How hard is LSD in this form (how)? Or should i just get a standard celica 2wd celica?

Thanks! links and shit are all appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Good suplier: GT4 front clip Wed, 18 May 2005 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The going rate is about 2k, but make sure that it still has the brakes(calipers and rotors) still atached, u will need these for the conversion(easy brake upgrade).

For a FWD 3sgte there are several boxes u can use.
- The SV21(camery) box, this is the weakest.
- The GT4 box can be used but i don't know the mods that are needed, the GT4 box is the heaviest box.
- The SW20 turbo(MR2) box needs to be modified for FWD, if ur lucky u might be able to find 1 with an LSD in it.
- I'm not sure but i think u might be able to use the BEAMS FWD box, i'm not sure on where the starter motor sits.
- I have also been told that the V6 camery box is good and bolts up but i have not seen this so i will not say for certain that is works perfectly. Maybe someone else on these forums might have seen it used or be useing this box.

There are a few other boxes that bolt up but not all have the starter motor sitting in the right place, it needs to sit on the gear box side(not the engine).

I would write more but its 3:20am and i need to get some sleep.
noofa
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Good suplier: GT4 front clip Thu, 19 May 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So how hard is it to instal 2wd LSD in an GT4 gearbox? how hard is it to slip a lsd box from a SW20T? isnt the gearleaver or somthing in the wrong spot?
-==L=a=N=c=E==-
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Good suplier: GT4 front clip Thu, 19 May 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The MR2 has the shifter on the wrong side of the case, but there are plenty of writeups around that tell you how to do it.

You can't just use the GT4 box. As you have the mongrel big transfer case in the road. Its better in the long run to sell it off.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Good suplier: GT4 front clip Thu, 19 May 2005 13:42 Go to previous message
toobs did half cut teh list which went on to compile a LOT of front cut suppliers.

BE sure to call the importers who sponsor our forums (see banners at top).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how do you know if it's stardard trueno or not
Next Topic:3TGTE Manifold, turbo and turbo dump
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:39:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062601566314697 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.