Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon2.gif  Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Wed, 18 May 2005 02:07 Go to next message
I think I have a gremlin in the wiring of my gen.3 1G-GZE (grey plugs) and I need your help.

Can you please check the colour of the wires at the ABV VSV, one of them should be Red with a Yellow trace.

Next please check the wires at the S/C Air Vent VSV (low down on the side of the S/C), one wire should be Red with a Black trace.

Next find your ECU 26 pin plug and please tell me the colour of the wires at pins 23 and 24. They are on the bottom row, left hand side, 4th and 3rd from the left hand side respectively.

In other words, as you look at the wires going in, bottom row left hand side, the pins are numbered 26, 25, 24, 23, 22 etc across the bottom of the plug.

I have the following wires in these pins:

Pin-------Wire----------Function

26-------White w black----------Earth
25-------Yellow w blue----------S/C Clutch Relay
24-------Red w yellow----------S/C Air Vent VSV
23-------Red w black----------ABV VSV

As you can see, I seem to have swapped 23 and 24, or the Pin-out diagram I have could be wrong, so I need you to field test this for me please. If you can't reach the S/C VSV, just a check of the ABV VSV and its wire in the ECU plug would help me just as much.

Thank you.

And besides all this we should start a 1G-GZE sub-group or dedicated thread so we can help each other out when problems pop up.

And my thanks to Grant from Sixworks who is already helping me on this.

Cheers,
Mitch.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2005 02:11]

Send a private message to this user    
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Wed, 18 May 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitch, if you think your pin-out diagram may be wrong, pluck the ECU out, and remove the cover. Being a Toyota ECU, the board should be clearly labelled with all pin inputs and outputs.

cheers Chuck
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Wed, 18 May 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Chuck,

I will give this a go.
I remember taking the cover off some old Toyota ECU a few years ago (but I can't remember if it was a GZE one) and not finding anything on the boards at all, so I assumed that all Toyota ECU were like this.

I just hope the bloody things are not labelled VSV1 and VSV2, as that will just completely kill the point of the exercise Wink

Cheers,
Mitch.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Wed, 18 May 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And in great Toyota tradition, the pins are labelled VS1 and VS2 inside the ECU, so I am back to square one, needing a manual check of the wires, as above.

Can anyone help me out here please ?

Alternatively, can anyone confirm/deny which VS, 1 or 2, relates to the ABV VSV and the SC VSV ?

Thanks,
Mitch.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Wed, 18 May 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VS1 = ABV
VS2 = S/C Vent
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Wed, 18 May 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks EvilJack - much appreciated.

My written info says this as well, but my car is wired in reverse of this. I'm using a 1G-GZE Gen 3 plug pin-out diagram as my only reference.

Can I ask you for your source of this info ? Have you tested it in a live situation....?

Thanks,
Mitch.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Wed, 18 May 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
straight from the sixworks website

im sure if you rang Grant he would be able to help you out, was very helpful and plenty of info when i had a problem wiring my 1ggte
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Wed, 18 May 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using that same information as well.

Grant is a top bloke and he has helped me out immensely already, to a point where I am sure he is sick of hearing from me by now!

We are both working on this at either end of the country, and it was Grant who supplied me with my loom in the first place.
And he has no need to touch those two wires as they are required to operate the two VSV's on the GZE motor.

In my case the wires are swapped between ECU and the VSV, if the pin-out diagram is correct, and I have no reason to doubt its accuracy.

So, all I am asking is for someone with a Gen 3 GZE just to check even one wire for me, the ABV VSV and tell me its colour and where exactly that same wire goes into the grey 26 pin plug at the ECU.

Thanks.
Mitch.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Thu, 19 May 2005 07:59

So, all I am asking is for someone with a Gen 3 GZE just to check even one wire for me, the ABV VSV and tell me its colour and where exactly that same wire goes into the grey 26 pin plug at the ECU.

Probably just best for them to check the functionality it looks like it was having is correct, the wiring changed by the colour of the lead engineers underwear colour.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand what you are saying mate, and a functionality test would be good, but according to the tech. description of the AW11 SC12 S/C, both these VSV's open as engine speed increases.

The engine should always have boosted from the factory and there is no reason why the wires would have been pulled from the ECU loom plug and swapped over.

However, my ABV VSV wires runs to the S/C VSV pin at the ECU, and the S/C VSV wire runs to the ABV VSV ECU pin.

So I just need someone to check their Gen 3 GZE engine and simply tell me what colour wire is at the ABV VSV, and what pin this wire comes into the ECU 26 pin plug.....just to prove my sanity.....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What I meant was, the wiring colour could be different, they tended to change it all the time. Trace from the actual valve itself and work it out that way was what I meant.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tested it from the valve back to the ECU and got continuity nicely. Its the pin-out information that has me confused as it appears to be the reverse of what I have in my car.

That is the question ! Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, I meant when they check it, just check for the pins, as often the wire colour will be useless Razz
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK - you have got me, I am confused.....please explain to a noob like me how to check the pins of the ECU to work out which one is for the ABV VSV and which is for the SC Vent VSV ?

Thanks mate.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, what I meant was to check which pins on the valves go to which pins on the ECU. Rule out wiring colours as they change.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok - on the same page as you now.

The ABV VSV pin goes to the S/C Vent pin on the ECU.

The S/C Vent VSV pin goes to the ABV pin on the ECU.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Calling all Gen 3 1G-GZE Owners - help please ! Thu, 19 May 2005 09:25 Go to previous message
Gleno28,
I will just bump this up to the top for your reference if you need it, thanks mate.
Cheers,
Mitch.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:carbys
Next Topic:CT26 size?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:05:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067119598388672 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.